Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Scott, I think my last 8" Megos were Children's Palace reaquisitions in the early '80s (I was probably in 7th grade): Batman, Robin, Superman, etc. I began collecting Megos again shortly thereafter, and then again with a vengeance in 2007.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

1. What is your first name? Tony
      2. What was your first Mego? Wyatt Earp,Buffalo bill Cody,wild bill Hickok and Cochise.
      3. What was your last Mego? 12 inch batman for actual mego but under lion rock Japanese soldier
      4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? Kirk,Spock and McCoy
      5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? I'm just going to say type 1's here I like all other figures and characters.
      6. What was your favorite Mego playset? Enterprise
      7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? Chips motorcycles
      8. What was your favorite Mego line? Tough one american west or Star Trek
      9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? Super Knights
      10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had? Apes treehouse
      11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? Starsky's Torino
      12. What Mego did you always want but never had? Conan and Thor
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

1. What is your first name? Scott
        2. What was your first Mego? Superman
        3. What was your last Mego? Falcon
        4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? Batman, Robin, Superman
        5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? I only had 14. I loved them all
        6. What was your favorite Mego playset? Batcave
        7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? Batmobile
        8. What was your favorite Mego line? WGSH
        9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? Planet of the Apes
        10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had? Hall of Justice
        11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? Batcopter
        12. What Mego did you always want but never had? Green Arrow and Batgirl
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Grimjohn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 28, 2011

1. What is your first name? John
          2. What was your first Mego? Batman
          3. What was your last Mego? Starsky
          4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? Captain America, Spider-Man, Batman
          5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? Penguin, Mxy, Aquaman
          6. What was your favorite Mego playset? Batcave
          7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? Joker Mobile
          9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? Star Trek
          11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? Star Trek Telescreen Console
          12. What Mego did you always want but never had? Falcon, Human Torch, Iron Man and Thing
          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

1. What is your first name? Mike
            2. What was your first Mego? Spider-Man, still have him
            3. What was your last Mego? Bo or Luke Duke
            4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? Spider-Man, Batman and The Hulk
            5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? Strictly from a play standpoint any of 3 3/4 buck rogers I had because I remember I seem to remmeber them breaking under heavy play
            6. What was your favorite Mego playset? Enterprise
            7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? Didn't have any.
            9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? Also WGSH. I wanted almost all of them, but by the time I remember buying in store only Superman, Batman, Robin, Captain America, The Hulk and Spider-Man were still out. More were available in Heroes World catlogs but my parents would not do mail away.
            10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had? Had I been aware of it the Hall of Justice
            11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? Spider-mobile
            12. What Mego did you always want but never had? Green Goblin (sense the Spidey theme?). When I got him as a collector some 30 years later the kid inside of me still went nuts!

Comment

• Action Martin
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
              They didn't. It's just something as a child I wanted them to make for the ST figures. Though they did apparently plan one for STTMP but ended up not releasing it.
              So what was the one vehicle that Mego actually made that you wanted but never got?
              Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? Action Jackson (red hair, no beard, safari suit), 12 inch Superman, Superman
                9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? Muhammad Ali
                12. What Mego did you always want but never had? 12 inch Jor-el
                How about of the 8" variety?
                Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 30, 2007

Hi John!

Originally posted by Grimjohn
                  5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? Penguin, Mxy
                  Two more votes for the fatties.
                  Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Hi Mike!

Originally posted by VintageMike
                    5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? Strictly from a play standpoint any of 3 3/4 buck rogers I had because I remember I seem to remmeber them breaking under heavy play
                    What about of the 8" variety?
                    Scott

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                      I would really love to do this poll, but I really wasn't into Megos as a kid, and all I had were 2 AJs and Lainie. But I did love watching those commercials after school.
                      I think that it's so cool that you never had Megos as a child but collect them now. What was the appeal that got you into collecting them?
                      Scott

Comment

• daz71
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2014

1. What is your first name? darren
                        2. What was your first Mego? batman
                        3. What was your last Mego? shazam
                        4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? spiderman,captain america & the falcon
                        5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? the hulk,zira & maybe a space 1999 figure don't have a least favourite i loved them all.still do.
                        6. What was your favorite Mego playset? never had them in england
                        7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? batmobile
                        8. What was your favorite Mego line? wgsh
                        9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? just some super heroes that we never got over here.
                        10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had? enterprise
                        11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? a batcave
                        12. What Mego did you always want but never had? thor,iron man & mr.fantastic.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Your questions are somewhat restrictive...but I'll answer as best I can.

1. What is your first name? Dwayne
                          2. What was your first Mego? Spider-Man
                          3. What was your last Mego? Hulk
                          4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? Spider-Man and Hulk were the only eight inch figures I had
                          5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? See above
                          6. What was your favorite Mego playset? As a child I wasn't even aware of any
                          7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? Spider-Car
                          9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? Wasn't aware any others existed
                          10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had? Wasn't aware any existed
                          11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? None
                          12. What Mego did you always want but never had? Green Goblin

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                            To Fear is Not Logical...
                            • Feb 17, 2008

I used 1980 as my memory cutoff...

1. What is your first name? Steve
                            2. What was your first Mego? Bearded AJ, black hair, dark blue suit
                            3. What was your last Mego? I think it was the "green hair" Kirk I got in a gift package from my grandma. Since I thought the green sheen on the brown hair looked weird. I kept my Kirk I had as Kirk and drew a moustache on the new one to make him a new crew member.
                            4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos? The first three WGSH I got. Superman, RC Bats, RM Robin
                            5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos? Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Mxy, (if this counts, the little aliens in the Mission to Gamma, Hulk was too short.
                            6. What was your favorite Mego playset? Baggage and Enterprise in a tie
                            7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set? Batmobile
                            9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to? pocket heroes. Was considered too old at the time
                            11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had? Joker mobile
                            12. What Mego did you always want but never had? Always wanted them to make a Doc Ock or Lex Luthor
                            It's all good!

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                              To Fear is Not Logical...
                              • Feb 17, 2008

^baggage was supposed to say Bat Cave, but auto correct took over. I am sure some suitcases must have been used as play sets, too, for someone. Lol.
                              It's all good!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                                Museum Paramedic
                                • Aug 31, 2005

1. What is your first name?

Ian

2. What was your first Mego?

WGSH Batman and Robin

3. What was your last Mego?

CHiPs, 3 3/4 inch, I think

4. What were your Top 3 favorite Megos?

WGSH Batman, Robin and Superman

5. What were your 3 least favorite Megos?

Tarzan, Coy and Vance

6. What was your favorite Mego playset?

Pocket Heroes Batcave

7. What was your favorite Mego vehicle/accessory set?

Pocket Heroes Batmobile with Batman and Robin

8. What was your favorite Mego line?

Pocket Heroes

9. Was there a Mego line that you wanted to collect but was never able to?

Super Heroes Die Cast line (I only had Spider-Man...and, I loved him)

10. What Mego playset did you always want but never had?

Justice League

11. What Mego vehicle/accessory set did you always want but never had?

I'm not sure

12. What Mego did you always want but never had?

Shazam (When I was a little boy... I had him as an adult)

- Ian
                                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎