X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megotastic
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 18, 2012

pencil toppers.

being a kid in late 70s England you would have been a collector of these-small rubber non posable figures that went on the end of a pencil.
    no one i knew had them on the end of pencils most used them with lego or just used them as toys

the munch bunch was a series of anthropomorphic vegetables-they were everywhere everyone had pockets full of them.but over time i remember they did them for the muppets , paddington bear, the smurfs, footbaqll, worzel gummidge, dc superheroes return of the jedi was one of the last, like tiny versions of the kenner figures
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I remember the munch bunch vaguely.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

I completely remember the munch bunch but wouldn't have remembered that name in a million years.

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

I frequently become obsessed with picking the Munch Bunch up from eBay. I LOVED them.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

I just realized I've always associated the munch bunch with the talking pineapple from the French Canadian tv show Telefrancais!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I vaguely recall the Munch Bunch, but I'm getting them mixed up with these cereal-premium creatures that where somewhat like Weird-Ohs--heck, what were they called?

EDIT: I think I'm remembering Freakies?
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 26, '14, 8:22 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Iron Mego
              Wake Up Heavy
              • Jan 31, 2010

Loved Freakies, too. That's something else I scour eBay for. They're always a little too pricey for me, though.

I liked these simple little throwaway toys nearly as much as Megos or Star Wars toys. I'm happy to see my daughter gets the same kind of enjoyment from capsule toys as I did.
              Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎