• Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Creepshow was a great one I never heard of until I stopped hiding from the horror movie section. Also, and obscure movie called Mausoleum. For some reason that one scared the beejeezus out of me. This attractive woman would turn into a zombie, more or less. I'd probably laugh at it now.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Watching The Beast Within right now. Not sure why I never rented it way back when, I remember the box art and that it looked pretty cool. So far it's pretty talky, but I think it's gonna start getting bloody shortly.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Creepshow was a great one I never heard of until I stopped hiding from the horror movie section. Also, and obscure movie called Mausoleum. For some reason that one scared the beejeezus out of me. This attractive woman would turn into a zombie, more or less. I'd probably laugh at it now.

Chris
          Creepshow is my all-time #1 horror movie, and it, along with Jaws, were the first two VHS tapes I ever rented from the video store.

I remember Mausoleum too! I seem to remember a laugh out loud moment when the woman zombie developed breasts in the form of snapping gargoyles!

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I always mix Mausoleum up with Dead and Buried

Comment

• Drzsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 9, 2011

One of my favs is Dead and Buried is played on HBO constantly back in the day as well as Beast within.Saw a double feature at the drive in of Chainsaw Massacre 2 and ReAnimator, and Mausoleum.saw Day of the Dead at the theater as well.Ones i first saw on video were Rawhead Rex and Pumpkinhead.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I think what VHS did for me in terms of old horror films is show me what order they came in. As a kid, I use to be so confused over which movie came after the other in the Universal lot. These days it's painfully obvious, but back in the 60's and early 70's you never could watch them with enough frequency or get them without some heavy edits to piece together where one might line up with another.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

The Refrigerator.
                  Get too close, and it will eat you alive.

The only thing that stopped it from taking over the world was a ridiculously short extension cord...
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Always seen Attack of the Killer Tomatoes at the video store but could never bring myself to renting it.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎