X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by pmwasson
    I'll get the Gilligan Island figures + Shame and Mad Hatter. Batman and Robin (and variants) are an easy pass.

It is stock they already have for the wrestling line plus some elastic cord. Meh.
    My sentiments exactly. Of course getting more mileage from the current molds generates income that allows to produce new molds for future characters. Variants do have their silver lining.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 16, 2014

Love this line of toys, they keep knocking it out of the park!
      Villains, villains and more VILLAINS!!!
      Hatter and Shame look fantastic !!!
      BRING ON THE REST!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

I really thought I would buy every variant figure in the '66 series, but with this installment, they've hit a dry spot for me. I was fully expecting a removable cowl Batman, so only getting an alternate head is a no-go for me. Plus it's just weird looking. What exactly is he doing with his mouth? It doesn't represent Batman in a goofy way that immediately makes sense in that sculpt. And the RM Robin just doesn't work. I might end up getting him if I can make a mask that does the trick but that current mask is sloppy in construction. I'll definitely be getting the Mad Hatter and Shane. Great likeness with both. The other variants are pretty unimaginable. It's just the same figures ropped up. Sorry... Let's at least make the figures meaningfully different to charge that extra money. What's next? A Bat-pole edition?

The Gilligan figures are hit and miss as well. I agree with Chris. The eight inch Gilligan is a little closer to likeness than the 12 inch. The 12 inch isn't even close. Skipper is pretty good on either scale but even there it seems like something is missing. I've had the Limited Edition figures of Gilligan, Skipper, and Professor for a while and I prefer those over this new series. I think I'll just keep the ones I have and skip these.
        Last edited by MIB41; Oct 23, '14, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

The Batman and Robin are an easy pass for me as are the variants for the exact same reason. Shane and Mad Hatter are ok, Mad Hatter looks really good I am just not as interested in those characters as I would be in Catwoman and Batgirl or even Alfed for that matter. For me if they make a variant figure, I really won't be interested in it if its a previously released figure with an accessory, ...just release the accessory on it's own. I am really only interested in variants that have different costumes or something dramatically different. Out of this group I might get Mad Hatter, maybe.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Mad hatter is the only one from this wave that I'll be getting.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

I thought I would be every figure released but so far none of the variants have been worth it for me. I'll stick with Shame and Mad Hatter. The others are unnecessary IMO.
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• j.chris.beynon
                • Sep 27, 2014

Interesting that the villains that were unique to the '66 show (Egghead, Shame, and Bookworm) all say "DC COMICS" in bold black Helvetica next to their names on the packaging...there must have been some clause in the licensing agreement that made them put that in there which is odd considering DC Comics had nothing to do with the development of those characters...

I'll definitely pick up Mad Hatter and probably Shame as well though I'm with most of the other people here in my indifference to the new Batman and Robin figures...The new Batman sculpt doesn't feel as much like Adam West to me as the first figure and Robin's mask seems to be too narrow...

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

The New Batman face sculpt looks like he has something stuck up his butt...how Ironic

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Still waiting for Batgirl, Catwoman, Bookworm, Zelda, and Riddler in the three piece suit.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• Killer Iguana
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Feb 6, 2013

Is each wave going to always have some variation of Batman & Robin?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

I honestly will end up skipping every one of these. They all look great, but.
                        I have a 66 Batman and Robin. And a Joker and Penguin.
                        I honestly don't remember the 2 villains in question. They look great, but they have no pull for me whatsoever.
                        The only other figures I really want from this line are Batgirl, Catwoman and maybe a Riddler in the green suit.

The Heroes in Peril look like a direct rebuttal for the negative feedback on not using twist ties on the recent 2 packs. I give them credit for being clever, but not enough for me to buy them.

The likenesses are great on the Gilligan's Island figures, but there is just no draw there for me either.

I'm looking forward to the Super Friends line, but I'll admit even with those, unless they look stellar, I'm skipping Zan, Jayna and Gleek. I would probably get Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief, and El Dorado along with the actual super heroes. Still hoping for a better Wonder Woman.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to Ras Al Gul, Commissioner Gordon, and maybe Scarecrow.

The shark will officially be jumped if we EVER see Batmite in ANY of the lines.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• alex
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jun 15, 2009

Guys have U not seen whos coming next !!!

Comment

• drogge
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 24, 2009

?

Originally posted by alex
                            Guys have U not seen whos coming next !!!
                            Who is coming next?

Comment

• alex
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 15, 2009

Comment

• invisiblelad
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 6, 2014

WOW!

1st impression of each:

BATMAN 2.0 = BM: "Catwoman, you REALLY should of taken off your glove w/ those gold claws BEFORE you preceded to do my prostate exam." -LMAO! Also I see why FTC did this: I said a week or so ago here, how w/ '66' Bruce Wayne's BIGish head are they going to make a removable COWL that isn't ridiculously HUGE? Look at retro mego-repro Bruce Wayne, he has a smaller head than the others to accommodate the 1st Mego BM's Removable Cowl. The 66 Bruce's head is too big to do this. So FTC opted to do this? Unfortunate & a DEF PASS for me, unless it's under $10 shipped down the road. Then I may buy 1.

ROBIN w/ RM: = Waste of a slot for me.

*Like w/ all the variants, I'm PASSING!.

I was ALWAYS a OCD Completest, BUT leave it to FTC to CURE me of it FINALLY!

*Thank You FTC! I was a COMPLETEST Toy collector w/ x2 of Everything! I NOW can LIVE w/out a complete collection, & you can live w/out a LOT MORE of my $$$. I didn't know if I could do it, now between FTC's QC, figure/Variant choices, BIG Heads, & shoddy bodies....I'm losing interest & my interest in waning further.

The GOOD NEWS:

SHAME: Looks really GOOD! But the description mentions NO pistol(s) & although it looks like he is wearing a holster, the fact it is not mentioned in the description makes me wonder about this absolutely necessary accessories inclusion. If FTC does NOT give SHAME @ least 1 pistol, I would feel this figure is incomplete & I don't need a $70 Villains accessory pack filled w/ items/accessories that are 100% Necessary (ex. Mr. Freeze's gun) being held hostage at a $70+ S/H ransom! I don't appreciate that, although it is fine for EXTRA accessories to ADD to your figures & displays, but should not be necessary IMHO.

MAD HATTER: Look Fantastic!

As for FTC using the "DC Comics" identitfication o these characters. Shame is a western character in a novel (novels?) & Movies based on this character exist I'm pretty sure (never liked westerns). The MAD HATTER is from Alice in Wonderland. Bookworm must be an already existing character somewhere maybe? That's my guess as for the DC Comics being added for some of these figures, but Wonder Girl has it too so I don't know what's up w/ that!
                                Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 23, '14, 2:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎