Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yep! I'm immensely curious to see how those 18 inch play out. Do you think these will be clothed figures or more in line with what we're seeing from the Star Wars products in TRU stores (plastic molds)?

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I understood them to be giant sized Mego figures. If they are my power to resist will be severely weakened.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

I thought FTC could get license for 1/4 18" Marvel figures. DST EMCE has 8" and Sideshow 12", so why not FTC 18"?

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

Yeah not interested in 18" figures of any kind unless they are giant sized characters meant to be used with the 8" figures. Galactus or something of that nature. A massive Batman or Spiderman does nothing for me. Heck, storage of my 8" figures is going to be difficult enough.

I really think that now that all the original DC mego figures have been remade, FTC will have a lot harder time with selling variations and repackaged characters. They really need to focus on expanding the roster, at this point I think that is what will sell. Mad hatter and Shame will sell better than Constipated Batman and Unmasked Robin or the same characters with string wrapped around them. A variation where a previosuly sold character with an added excessory might work if it was a character that was produced in more limited quantities and harder to get. Batman and Robin, everyone has them and they would have to be changed to a really great degree to make it worth buying them again.
          Last edited by jayraytee; Oct 24, '14, 9:59 AM.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by houseofdracula
            Batman's new face looks as if it's supposed to be the scene from the movie where he's trying to get rid of the bomb.
            I immediately thought the same thing when I saw it.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
              I understood them to be giant sized Mego figures. If they are my power to resist will be severely weakened.
              God help me if they do a RC Batman. My wife will commit me.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

They can expand the line with Talia, Damian, Starfire, Arsenal, etc.

I'm hoping they get the Harry Potter line.
                JediJaida

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

I think the "Heroes In Peril" variants are laughable. Whenever I play Batman and Robin w/ the kids I babysit, that's just what I do; take some yarn or string and tie them up. My New Year's Resolution for 2015 is to start collecting the '66 Batman series. I can't wait for Catwoman!
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I'm not sure I want them that badly, that big--ultimately, it will depend on characters. I can think, though, of several 12" figures I'd like.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

They look great ,i already preordered a couple sets.

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

Also ordered a couple "8" sets of Gilligans island ,they look really cool,I wanted Gilligans Island 40 years ago,i
                        watched that show after school every day,When Star trek came out (watched every day also) i thought Gilligan
                        would also come out at that time,i just hope we get the whole cast,not just two or three,maybe a headhunter.ill
                        be watching this line.Also thinking about the"12" figures.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

Yeah, I am surprised Mego never made Gilligan's Island 8" figures (or Brady Bunch!) since the show was so popular in reruns in the 70s and lead to 1st reunion movie which got high ratings! I got Exclusive Premiere 9" Gilligan, Skipper, and Professor figures in the 90s but those were only characters made. I want FTC to make ALL 7 castaways at least 8"! Only cast member who has held out is Tina Louise Ginger she was not in reunion movie, but she appeared on Rosanne TV show and Jeopardy game show commercial later so maybe she's willing! Tina and Dawn Wells Mary Ann are only surviving cast members, Professor died this year. BTW 2014 is 50TH Anniversary of Gilligan's Island 1964-1967! I am 44 and have almost been watching it that long, wow I am old! *I saw Dawn Wells on Fox and Friends this month, she's always supported Gilligan's Island!

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 24, 2009

I think I will pass on series 3. I am tempted by all of the bat villains, but I have to limit my collection to what I remember most, which are the movie characters. So please, bring on Catwoman! I also want Batgirl and King Tut.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

After this wave it's gonna be all villans plus Batgirl. Yay.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                                After this wave it's gonna be all villans plus Batgirl. Yay.
                                was that confirmed anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎