X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Dish Network pulls Turner channels

It's another contract negotiation whizzing-match between a cable provider and big entertainment company. What really sucks is I have the DVR set to record a lot of good movies for Halloween. Hopefully they'll get their heads out of their rears before Oct. 31st.

Chris
    sigpic
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Bummer. I hope it gets worked out before Halloween.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Not a Dish customer, but this always sucks when it happens. Hope it ends soon.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

I have DISH, and while I don't watch most of those channels regularly (some because they're not included in my package, and the others because I'm not too into the news channels) I don't like when they get gridlocked like that and have negotiations problems... If they can't reach an agreement, I hope they replace the "lost" channels with something as good or better (but that all depends on viewing interests so what one might like someone else might be disappointed with)...

TBS and TNT are still "Turner channels" aren't they? I wonder why they're not affected by this?
        Last edited by apes3978; Oct 22, '14, 5:11 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I looked into getting a dish a few years ago but the company tried to gouge me with millions of extras.

They said it would cost $300 for two bags of cement for the post hole

I said no thanks

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I would wither & die without Turner Classic Movies.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^I know, right? And this is my favorite time of year on TCM. I hope these guys get their crap together quick!

Mikey, we got Dish when we moved out into the sticks. Our service went out every time the wind blew, and no one could seemingly fix it. So we switched to Direct TV. They price gauged us to death, so we went back to Dish, and this time it was installed correctly. I think each time, we caught installation when it was free.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

They installed the DISH Network dish on my roof (for no charge)... It's been years, so I don't remember if it was during a special or not...

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I think each time, we caught installation when it was free.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎