Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your Walter White and Jesse Pinkman Now...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

She suggested and TRU accepted--so they created "the solution" through validating her by corporate mandate. Why do you persist in giving the vendor a pass?

I don't agree with her. I also don't care for the toy or watch the show. But she's exercising her rights as a customer/citizen. She may be "guilty" of poor judgment or self-aggrandizement, but that's not the issue.

She issued a dictate and TRU bowed to it--shame on them IMO.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 24, '14, 6:03 AM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• gummi
      Career Member
      • Dec 2, 2009

Looks like the scalpers are already profiting on this. I just saw an auction with "BANNED FROM STORES!" displayed prominently in the title. Knowing how things work in this country these days, I should have had the foresight to clean out the shelves when I had a chance.
      "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• Toy Timelord
        Banned
        • Aug 4, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        She suggested and TRU accepted--so they created "the solution" through validating her by corporate mandate. Why do you persist in giving the vendor a pass?

I don't agree with her. I also don't care for the toy or watch the show. But she's exercising her rights as a customer/citizen. She may be "guilty" of poor judgment or self-aggrandizement, but that's not the issue.

She issued a dictate and TRU bowed to it--shame on them IMO.
        They definitely share the blame, but she is just as wrong.

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by gummi
          Looks like the scalpers are already profiting on this. I just saw an auction with "BANNED FROM STORES!" displayed prominently in the title. Knowing how things work in this country these days, I should have had the foresight to clean out the shelves when I had a chance.
          That's why I created this thread.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Aaron Paul is having fun with this:

10383893_10152776830666894_4552014306090677172_n.jpg

Thanks to his and Bryan Cranstons comments on the controversy, the "Keep BB in TRU" petition has 36,000+ signatures vs Florida Moms 10,000.

Check it out here!

https://www.change.org/p/toys-r-us-k...u-shelves#news
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
              Banned
              • Aug 4, 2014

Awesome. I hope the dumb broad and her pack of braying morons gets SERVED.

I hope she knows deep down inside how badly she truly failed, when a pair of fictional meth dealers are better people than she is.
              Last edited by Toy Timelord; Oct 24, '14, 4:18 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Toy Timelord
                Awesome. I hope the dumb broad and her pack of braying morons gets SERVED.

I hope she knows deep down inside how badly she truly failed, when a pair of fictional meth dealers are better people than she is.
                Easy, I may not agree with her beliefs but I'm not sure I would go as far as to attack her character or vilify this person.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

Don't worry, it was all explained in another thread:

"Originally Posted by Toy Timelord:
                  Please don't take anything I post personally, I poke around all sides of a discussion in order to foster speculation and detailed debate."

Meth dealers are way better people than the average housewife. I learn all sorts of things here these days...
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                    Banned
                    • Aug 4, 2014

Not all Meth Dealers. I specified the fictional ones.

But Brian asked me to go easy on her.

He didn't take away my choice in the matter, but I am certain there would be unstated caveats if I continued along that line.

Doesn't change the way I feel about her, and I DO truly believe what I said, but I'll try to be more civil in expressing my utter contempt for her. And TRU to a much lesser extent.

Please don't think you can now dogpile me, or that means I won't defend myself or my position because he asked me to ease up. I'm sticking to my guns. This affects all adult collectors whether you believe it or not, or whatever side you choose.
                    Last edited by Toy Timelord; Oct 25, '14, 1:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎