FTC New Gloves and Boots

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • j.chris.beynon
    • Sep 27, 2014

I find myself suppressing the urge to head to Popeye's all of a sudden...

Anyway, I wasn't saying the Type S and the Big Bang Pow Swivel Bicep (BBPSB) bodies were equal from a design standpoint...clearly, the increased poseability and presumed increased lifespan due to no elastics make the Type S a superior design...

From a quality of construction point of view, however, both bodies are pretty similar...they're both pretty solid with comparable use of materials and good knee and elbow joints...they both have torsos that are held together by screws which allow for easier insertion and removal of resin heads...they both also have minor issues...The ball joint on the left shoulder of the first Type S I took out of the box is pretty loose and will probably become floppy over time while the BBPSB bodies' right legs all seem to bend in a bit so the foot doesn't sit flat...

I really couldn't say one is "better made" than the other...I will say that the BBPSB body is half the price of the Type S and, more importantly, is actually available for purchase...Also, the BBPSB body's bigger shoulders and biceps look better on superhero figures IMHO...

I don't want folks to think I'm a Zica hater because I'm not...The Type S body is great and they shipped my order out on a Sunday within an hour or so of me placing it...They have reasonable shipping charges and everything was extremely well packaged...I will definitely order more Type S bodies from them without reservation.

I find it funny that I'm in a FTC forum and not talking at all about their stuff but that's how it goes sometimes...

Now, it's off to Popeye's for me...sadly, the only washboard abs in this household have the word Mego stamped on the back...

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎