Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

That small change in detail made a huge difference!

Now if they can do the same for the Hulk bodies, it would be GREAT!!!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

Hey Teemu, those look GREAT....especially ROBIN, quick question though: Since FTC obviously made their bodies smaller than Mego bodies, is it me or do the TYPE-S arms/wrists look like they are a very tight fit & need to be squeezed into these FTC molded 66 gloves? I guess that FTC really wanted to either save costs by making their figures bodies smaller (less materials) and/or FTC wanted to make sure their WGH/Batman 66 & other lines would be less compatible w/ other bodies/brands? Either way I sincerely wish that FTC would have at least mirrored MEGO bodies weight/height/QUALITY wise so the FTC WGSH/66/ect costumes & accessories would be able to transfer flawlessly since their FTC bodies are severly lacking IF display isn't your only intention. Either way, TYPE-S looks GREAT on all your pictured figs so far Teemu! AWESOME!

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

Wow!!!
        I really,really,really like the looks of those.
        Just an absolutely amazing new look on an old figure.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
          new pics- I recommend these...the gloves destroy the crappy mittens look

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13046[/ATTACH]
          *very* impressive!!!!!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

TRDouble,

The Mattel Cowl and Cape is just a tiny bit darker but not really noticeable. The Mattel cowl fits nicely on the FTC Bruce---combined with the molded boots and gloves is a real knockout! Sorry for no pics---will try later in the week.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by invisiblelad
              Hey Teemu, those look GREAT....especially ROBIN, quick question though: Since FTC obviously made their bodies smaller than Mego bodies, is it me or do the TYPE-S arms/wrists look like they are a very tight fit & need to be squeezed into these FTC molded 66 gloves? I guess that FTC really wanted to either save costs by making their figures bodies smaller (less materials) and/or FTC wanted to make sure their WGH/Batman 66 & other lines would be less compatible w/ other bodies/brands? Either way I sincerely wish that FTC would have at least mirrored MEGO bodies weight/height/QUALITY wise so the FTC WGSH/66/ect costumes & accessories would be able to transfer flawlessly since their FTC bodies are severly lacking IF display isn't your only intention. Either way, TYPE-S looks GREAT on all your pictured figs so far Teemu! AWESOME!
              Nothing needed to be Squeezed in as they just popped right onto the peg...Batman has more of a slightly baggier outfit (Which I do kinda like for swapping the clothes easier) which made the gloves for batman a slightly tighter fit,but no problems at all popping them onto the pegs....

FTC bodies are slightly smaller than the S Type bodies but ALL the FTC costumes have been fitting just fine on the S Types...When Zica/castaway gets more in stock,definitely pick some up..

Batman needed the '66 transplant Feet method that I did with the 66 Batman...Robin was, just glue in the pegs and done

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

You did an awesome job Teemu. That really brings a whole new look to those figures. Has to make you wonder if maybe FTC is looking that direction for some of their next installments that are not tied directly to the Mego history books. I could see the Superfriends getting those additions. Definitely an improved look.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by MIB41
                  I could see the Superfriends getting those additions. Definitely an improved look.
                  I hadn't even thought of that,but I think you're on to something there.
                  I know I'd buy for sure,had no interest in oven mit figures until now.
                  “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by MIB41
                    You did an awesome job Teemu. That really brings a whole new look to those figures. Has to make you wonder if maybe FTC is looking that direction for some of their next installments that are not tied directly to the Mego history books. I could see the Superfriends getting those additions. Definitely an improved look.
                    Yep, I bet we are going to see more use of these gloves and boots. It will be much easier to sell on new figures that Mego never produced, and is a nice evolution of where Mego would have probably gone anyway.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

Teemu, was it hard to get the costume arm cuffs and costume feet into the gloves and boots?

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                        TRDouble,

The Mattel Cowl and Cape is just a tiny bit darker but not really noticeable. The Mattel cowl fits nicely on the FTC Bruce---combined with the molded boots and gloves is a real knockout! Sorry for no pics---will try later in the week.
                        Thanks! If you do get a chance to post pics, that would be great. I may this a try with my extra (actually third) Mattel costume and cowl.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎