Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

It would be cool if they could sell a set of soft rubber skin tone hands that have the same adapter/socket as the glove hands. That would be great for figures like Superman that don't wear gloves. Maybe even a set with 2 gripping hands and 2 fists.

Or am I just being picky?

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

While I want them to continue with the old style Megos, I wouldn't mind having them update characters already made that way more along the lines of the '66 figures. THose kind of boots and gloves with costumes as detailed and well fitting as the '66 line would more than make it worth getting another version of each character. It would be like getting two different lines in one if they kept them all in the same assortments/waves. A 70's Batman with a Neal Adams/Jim Aparo headsculpt (properly sized), boots and gloves as mentioned above, a tight suit and the same kind of posable cape as Mr. West came with, and you'd have a top notch collector's figure of the classic comic Batman. That would have an appeal beyond just the old time Mego fans if it's done with the same high-end quality we've seen in the first two waves of the 60's line.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by scott metzger
        While I want them to continue with the old style Megos, I wouldn't mind having them update characters already made that way more along the lines of the '66 figures. THose kind of boots and gloves with costumes as detailed and well fitting as the '66 line would more than make it worth getting another version of each character. It would be like getting two different lines in one if they kept them all in the same assortments/waves. A 70's Batman with a Neal Adams/Jim Aparo headsculpt (properly sized), boots and gloves as mentioned above, a tight suit and the same kind of posable cape as Mr. West came with, and you'd have a top notch collector's figure of the classic comic Batman. That would have an appeal beyond just the old time Mego fans if it's done with the same high-end quality we've seen in the first two waves of the 60's line.

YEAH!! What Scott said!!
        sigpic

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

they work on the teen scale too...for a teen-scaled robin...so cool
          A relativley quick custom. I simply switched the hands and feet with hot water to soften the extemites, and discovered the ankle and wrist pegs adapt easily to the teen-scale. With a dremel, a rubber washer & glue, I lengthened Robin's torso slightly (because IMO, the midrift sat too deep into the pelvis compared to an

Last edited by comicmike; Oct 21, '14, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• Astronut
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by jeffbearco
            It would be cool if they could sell a set of soft rubber skin tone hands that have the same adapter/socket as the glove hands. That would be great for figures like Superman that don't wear gloves. Maybe even a set with 2 gripping hands and 2 fists.

Or am I just being picky?

JeffBearCO
            How 'bout just one fist? (That'swhatshesaid). lol

Comment

• firestarcomics
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 19, 2014

Posting pictures on here is a nightmare. I don't think anyone explains the way to do it.....very strange indeed

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by scott metzger
                This is what I've wanted from the beginning. Hopeful that this is what Batman wave 4 delivers.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I like the gloves. The boots look nice but I've a few reservations about them.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

new pics- I recommend these...the gloves destroy the crappy mittens look

100_6847.jpg100_6846.jpg

Comment

• megowgsh
                      Customego HoF Curator
                      • Nov 19, 2003

^^^THAT is a GAME-CHANGER in my book
                      Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Robin looks great. Batman looks a little goofy. Maybe it's the bagginess of the suit. Or maybe that the head sculpt is too goofy looking for the gloves and boots. I suspect it is a little of both.

I would love to see how RC Batman looks with the gloves and boots. And I wonder how the colors match up with the Mattel Batman.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
                          Robin looks great. Batman looks a little goofy. Maybe it's the bagginess of the suit. Or maybe that the head sculpt is too goofy looking for the gloves and boots. I suspect it is a little of both.

I would love to see how RC Batman looks with the gloves and boots. And I wonder how the colors match up with the Mattel Batman.
                          The original Batman head was always goofy looking...the suits are a tiny bit baggy and these are on S Type bodies too....but overall,I am very happy with these.

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Those really look sharp. I still think the fist/open hand combo is a little limiting... hopefully they will have more poses over time.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

OK. Those look really, really nice.

Reminds me of the 12-inch Batman/Robin magnetics.

Comment

• supes
                                For the love of Mego's!
                                • Jan 19, 2004

They look awesome!!!

Originally posted by Teemu
                                new pics- I recommend these...the gloves destroy the crappy mittens look

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13046[/ATTACH]

For the love of Mego's

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎