Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC Superhero Bodies vs. Type S bodies...your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Like I said in my previous post; the Type S figures are great for durability.

You don't have to worry about the rubber band snapping at an inopportune moment, or the smaller parts breaking for no reason.

Okay, it's a bit pricier than the FTC figures, but you get what you pay for.

And with a little bit of shrink tubing and a hair dryer, the pegs for the FTC superhero figures won't be a problem.

I just wonder if they are going to come up with superhero outfits to go with the boots and gloves. The suits will have to be footless, on account of the ankle peg in the boot, and the sleeves somewhat shorter than the normal bodysuits they have.

And they have to fix the bagginess issues, as well as the stretchiness (not enough!) issues.

And don't get me started on the teen girl figure! I'll be here all night!
    JediJaida

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by invisiblelad
      ^^^ Hey Guys,

ANY FTC WGSH repro or Batman 66 figure's COSTUME &/or HEAD/accessories NOT fit the TYPE-S?

*I buy multiples of each of these FTC lines, & can barely let my x2 nephews play w/ these like my JLU & MOTUC figures that hold up entirely. So I want to share the MEGO PLAYTIME Memories that were so magical & fantastic to me & my brother w/ BOTH my x2 nephews & my Grandson & Granddaughter in 2-4 years.

Thanks 4 Ay info guys! I really want to get these so we can immediately PLAY Megos w/ my boys like in my earliest & favorite childhood Superhero Toy memories! I just nneed to kow if any don't work, as I don't want ripped or ruined costumes & want uniformity! I figure PENGUIN wouldn't look right (Retro WGSH) & obviously Mr. Mxy (But the TT bods from FTC pose better due to their arm design). So I just realy need to know IF I should buy the TYPE-S bodies & how many I should buy & for what FTC DC WGSH & Batman 66 figures! THANKS again 4 any info on these!
      look at these pics and you'll get your answer...ALL on Type S Bodies...now fully posable,no rubber bands,and suits and heads fit just fine

100_6797.jpg100_6807.jpg

Comment

• invisiblelad
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Thanks Teemu! I hope all the male FTC DC WGSH figure's costumes fit as good as the FTC Superman in your pics!

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

^^^ Thanks Teemu! I hope all the male FTC DC WGSH figure's costumes fit as good as the FTC Superman in your pics!
          I've also swapped FTC suits/head of Batman,Robin and Shazam on S Type bodies too

I am pretty sure they ALL will fit

Comment

• j.chris.beynon
            • Sep 27, 2014

I find it kind of amazing that elastics are still being used in figure bodies at all anymore...it's also amazing to me, with all the 3D design software out there now coupled with the relative ease of producing 3D printed prototypes, that the current crop of available bodies is so poor...

I just received one of the new FTC bodies with the '66 Batman style molded gloves and boots and it has all the problems with poorly the arms sinking into their sockets and tight stringing everyone on the board is talking about as well as one loose, floppy knee and a pelvis that will not sit straight...

I have little firsthand experience with Type S bodies but my first impression upon handling one was how solid it feels...Unfortunately, I took a wait and see approach with the Type S body and by the time I finally got to see one in person, they were sold out so I'm left waiting until the new batch comes in...

In short, if you're planning on just keeping your figures in their packaging on a shelf, pretty much any body will do...If you want to pose your figures on the shelf or actually play with them, the Type S seems to be the way to go...

The Type S body is an exceedingly rare example of design excellence and good quality manufacturing occurring in tandem...Hopefully future production runs are as well made as the early batches and FTC and EMCE take notice and produce their own elastic-free designs.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Anticipating Conan's release

Type S ready...reshaped the finger trigger hands and now Conan has full Sword gripping hands

100_6838.jpg100_6839.jpg100_6841.jpg

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
                Anticipating Conan's release

Type S ready...reshaped the finger trigger hands and now Conan has full Sword gripping hands

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13028[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13029[/ATTACH]
                Bet you CONAN will look GREAT on that TYPE-S. I missed them the 1st time around & wish I didn't. Teemu, if you ever get the chance, cud you take a pic side-by-side of the FTC & TYPE-S so I can see how much shorter the FTC body is? If you can't, that's cool too! Also, IF I didn't see a post or two on here about the TYPE-S NOT fitting some FTC costumes, If I remember correctly they non-fitting costumes were from wave#1 Batman retro (Maybe it was JOKER and/0r RIDDLER), I would have bought them. Then Mego PLAYTIME fun can begin again w/ my nephews (& later Grandson/Grandaughter) w/ these FTC WGH toys w/out worry of breakage from gentle play. For now we stick to my huge JLU & MOTUC collections for worry free playtime! Teemu, did you try FTC retro JOKER or RIDDLER?

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Bet you CONAN will look GREAT on that TYPE-S. I missed them the 1st time around & wish I didn't. Teemu, if you ever get the chance, cud you take a pic side-by-side of the FTC & TYPE-S so I can see how much shorter the FTC body is? If you can't, that's cool too! Also, IF I didn't see a post or two on here about the TYPE-S NOT fitting some FTC costumes, If I remember correctly they non-fitting costumes were from wave#1 Batman retro (Maybe it was JOKER and/0r RIDDLER), I would have bought them. Then Mego PLAYTIME fun can begin again w/ my nephews (& later Grandson/Grandaughter) w/ these FTC WGH toys w/out worry of breakage from gentle play. For now we stick to my huge JLU & MOTUC collections for worry free playtime! Teemu, did you try FTC retro JOKER or RIDDLER?
                  I will try to do that when I get Conan to show size comparison...

I didn't get Joker and Riddler from Wave 1...just Batman and Robin and they were swapped onto Type S bodies no problems (I will be replacing those crappy mittens with the FTC 66 colored blue Winged gloves/boots they sell on their classic tv toys website

I have also swapped out Superman and Shazam with no problems.In fact my shazam had a loose fitting head on the FTC body and the S type corrected that

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

I will try to do that when I get Conan to show size comparison...

I didn't get Joker and Riddler from Wave 1...just Batman and Robin and they were swapped onto Type S bodies no problems (I will be replacing those crappy mittens with the FTC 66 colored blue Winged gloves/boots they sell on their classic tv toys website

I have also swapped out Superman and Shazam with no problems.In fact my shazam had a loose fitting head on the FTC body and the S type corrected that
                    Great to hear! My opened FTC Superman has a loose head too! I actually had some obvious QC issues on 50% of my x8 FTC SUPERMAN wave 1 figures. Especially a SQUISHED/pinched Mr. Mxy head. I took & will post pics when I feel like it (Had these figures for 2+ weeks now) showing my GOOD vs BAD QC MXY heads, PLUS both my Superman figs have the uneven painted eyes, looks ok on 1, but the other FTC Superman has the Uneven eyes & a SQUISHED HEAD making him look BAD! My Bizarros have good paint on both, problem is that I think his paint/sculpt is a bit too detailed for my tastes & his HEAD is too BIG IMO. So it figures the figure that presents the BEST out of the x2 FTC Superman wave 1, is the figure I like the least! Such goes life & I'm still happy w/ FTC for making these toys! It's just QC & some aesthetics I'm having probs w/. I just hope each wave isn 't going to be 50% acceptable QC & 50% Horrid QC, or Gawd Forbid, worse! I'm going to try to be hopefully optimistic, as I love these re-megos being offered by FTC & hope (& PRAY!) that the SUPERFRIENDS line by FTC will look like they are on the pegs in the 70s! Thanks for taking pics when U get your Conan. I was going to buy them all, until I saw them....now unfortunately it's just x1 or x2 Conan figs for me, depending on QC impriving...I'll definitely by x2 Conan. I don't like the looks of the heads on the protos for Solomon Cane or King Kull, so unless they get clearance CHEAP, they are not on my to-BUY list.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Great to hear! My opened FTC Superman has a loose head too! I actually had some obvious QC issues on 50% of my x8 FTC SUPERMAN wave 1 figures. Especially a SQUISHED/pinched Mr. Mxy head. I took & will post pics when I feel like it (Had these figures for 2+ weeks now) showing my GOOD vs BAD QC MXY heads, PLUS both my Superman figs have the uneven painted eyes, looks ok on 1, but the other FTC Superman has the Uneven eyes & a SQUISHED HEAD making him look BAD! My Bizarros have good paint on both, problem is that I think his paint/sculpt is a bit too detailed for my tastes & his HEAD is too BIG IMO. So it figures the figure that presents the BEST out of the x2 FTC Superman wave 1, is the figure I like the least! Such goes life & I'm still happy w/ FTC for making these toys! It's just QC & some aesthetics I'm having probs w/. I just hope each wave isn 't going to be 50% acceptable QC & 50% Horrid QC, or Gawd Forbid, worse! I'm going to try to be hopefully optimistic, as I love these re-megos being offered by FTC & hope (& PRAY!) that the SUPERFRIENDS line by FTC will look like they are on the pegs in the 70s! Thanks for taking pics when U get your Conan. I was going to buy them all, until I saw them....now unfortunately it's just x1 or x2 Conan figs for me, depending on QC impriving...I'll definitely by x2 Conan. I don't like the looks of the heads on the protos for Solomon Cane or King Kull, so unless they get clearance CHEAP, they are not on my to-BUY list.
                      put that Superman head and outfit on a Type S body and you'll lose the FTC bobble head and then you can also pose him like the picture I posted above

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Will do as soon as more TYPE-S Bodies are good to go & ready for sale!

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

^^^ Will do as soon as more TYPE-S Bodies are good to go & ready for sale!
                          I'll need more too!

New upgrades

100_6847.jpg100_6846.jpg

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

I just moved Superman over to my last Type S body and he looks great! I also had the wobbly head issue on the FTC body that was immediately fixed on the Type S body. Having fists is also a bonus.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                              Mego obsessed!!!
                              • Jul 20, 2010

I'll need more too!

New upgrades

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13043[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13044[/ATTACH]
                              Wow! They look great with the new gloves and boots! The color match is dead on!
                              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎