Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC Superhero Bodies vs. Type S bodies...your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

FTC Superhero Bodies vs. Type S bodies...your thoughts?

So I ran across this today as I was getting ready to make an order for accessories:

And since (for unknown reasons) haven't got a Batman '66 figure yet,
    I'd thought I'd ask those who have, as far as customizing goes,
    Which body would you prefer, the excellent Type S, or these new bodies from
    FTC?

Immediately what comes to mind is the lack of two open hands, and being stuck
    On boot/shoe choices.
    On the other hand the cost ($12) is cheaper than a type S body plus doc mego
    Boots and ctvt hands( $10 + $5 +$5).

Thoughts?
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Type-S all the way. The freedom of a band-less body is wonderful IMO. No fear of breaking the figure before you even start.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Definitely type S!

More durability, better looking and can be handled without falling apart.
      JediJaida

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

Price point is great on these.You also have the option of the plain body for $7.
        I really like the band less body but there are a few tweaks or options I'd like to see before I start getting any more of them.
        Honestly I'm leaning more and more to the new ftc body.
        I have far to many busted bbp or doc bodies they used to be my favorite but the bbp pelvis has one hole to large pulling in one leg and the bands bust or suck in arms.If doc gets a band less design maybe I'll go back but for now,I'll stick with ftc.
        If I want to make 10 customs bandless will cost me $100 plus I still need accessories from ftc so shipping from them as well.
        If I go ftc 10 regular bodies(not made in India) $70 if I go hero $120 (includes boots and gloves.) plus I'll be getting accessories from them anyway so no double shipping.Just seems like a win for me.
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• jayraytee
          Career Member
          • May 27, 2011

There is no comparison, Type S is the best. FTC is pretty good with the costumes and accessories, sometimes the heads, but their bodies are their weakest point.
          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

I think is great to have so many choices... FTC China made bodies are very well made and certainly a major improvement over their original India made bodies. Their main problem is that most of the time these are strung too tight. Hence the weird poses or limbs penetrating the torso... The solution is easy... Just re-string with elastic cord/thread and you would have made a quality body yourself... The elastic cord/thread is very durable so breakage would have been addressed. As for tightness that's all dependable of you. But if you do know how to re-string with elastic, both male and female FTC bodies are great options...

That being said... NO CONTEST FOR THE TYPE S BODY. Period.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jayraytee
              There is no comparison, Type S is the best. FTC is pretty good with the costumes and accessories, sometimes the heads, but their bodies are their weakest point.
              this ^^^^^^

FTC body are Dollar store CHEAP crap!

I have converted 10 FTC figures onto Type S bodies and there is no looking back...My Batman 66 collection feels like a real sturdy toy now and super poseability to boot

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^ I'd sure like to know what dollar store is selling mego like bodies. Teemu, that dead horse you beat must look like ground chuck by now.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

If FTC is selling the bodies with the correct length bands then either body is just fine. It really comes down to how you will be using the body. If it's going on a loose figure that you want to change the poses on frequently or you will be letting kids play with it, I'd at least try out the Type S body and see what you think. If the body is going to be for display, go with whichever one is cheapest.

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

To clarify...I have gotten the type S bodies in the past ( kickstarter and after) and I'm enjoying their quality.
                    Heck, as soon as the Brown Bodies are available I've got money set aside to buy a big amount.

But the price point of bodies plus glove/boots makes it very tempting to think of. And these being the '66 bodies,
                    most every here said they were better than the India made FTC stuff, which with my last purchase
                    of CTVT ( the Mad Monsters Devil figure) I know now all too WELL how craptacular the India made bodies were.

In any event, I'm glad for everyone's input and will give it some more thought as I'm readying my orders
                    for accessories right now.
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Type S; can be taken apart and Modded easily, it is more posable, and it is the thickest and heaviest of any of the remego bodies.

FTC male body; Very thin and lightweight, arm holes too big, neck holes sometimes too big, pelvis hole sometimes too big causing torso to sit lower, rubber bands sometimes too tight, arm connectors sometimes broken.

FTC female body; Very thin and lightweight, neck hole too big, neck sucked into body, torso/pelvis ball joint upsidedown, head to pelvis rubber bands too tight.
                      Last edited by jayraytee; Oct 18, '14, 6:24 PM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by darkbros
                        To clarify...I have gotten the type S bodies in the past ( kickstarter and after) and I'm enjoying their quality.
                        Heck, as soon as the Brown Bodies are available I've got money set aside to buy a big amount.

But the price point of bodies plus glove/boots makes it very tempting to think of. And these being the '66 bodies,
                        most every here said they were better than the India made FTC stuff, which with my last purchase
                        of CTVT ( the Mad Monsters Devil figure) I know now all too WELL how craptacular the India made bodies were.

In any event, I'm glad for everyone's input and will give it some more thought as I'm readying my orders
                        for accessories right now.
                        The gloves and boots really are great, got the green and blue gloves in today, along with blue and red boots. Such an upgrade over the original boots and oven mitts.

If you are into customizing, then the FTC bodies with the gloves and boots would be better if they have the color you need for the figure you want to make. It looks like it will be a while if we ever get colored hands for the Type S body. Several of us have been asking for those for months and they've communicated that its just not a priority for them right now.

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

Actually the molded FTC gloves and Boots can be put on the Type S body with some alteration, which would be much better than the FTC body.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                            Actually the molded FTC gloves and Boots can be put on the Type S body with some alteration, which would be much better than the FTC body.
                            The FTC body already comes with the gloves and boots for $12. With the Type S body you have to pay $10 just for the body, plus another $8 for the gloves and boots. Then you say you have to alter the body to make them fit.

$12 and done vs $18 plus extra work seems like an easy decision.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I think the TYPE S is easily the most durable and posable. But there are fitting issues with Type S since FTC bodies tend to run a smidget smaller, so not everything works quite as well on the S body. But Craig definitely makes the best quality body out there. He did an excellent job on it and deserves all the props he gets. But like others said, it just depends on your individual needs. For me, I'm not customizing many of these figures unless necessity dictates (like breakage). This is a new era for the Mego style, so I'm trying to keep everything as stock as I can. My grandson, who will inherit all of this when I'm gone, may choose a different direction. But for now, if I do a full-on custom or need a replacement body, the TYPE S is definitely the direction I choose first.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎