Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC Superhero Bodies vs. Type S bodies...your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

If FTC were Smart they would try every way to try to make a deal to get the Type S body for all of their figures... People can Candy coat it all they want the FTC bodies are CRAP!!! and this is coming from someone who has been in on Doubles of all the WGSH Releases and Triples of all the Batman 66 Releases... And what they did to the Batman and Robin 66 bodies boots and gloves is pure tragedy!!!

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      The FTC body already comes with the gloves and boots for $12. With the Type S body you have to pay $10 just for the body, plus another $8 for the gloves and boots. Then you say you have to alter the body to make them fit.

$12 and done vs $18 plus extra work seems like an easy decision.
      Yeah, pay a little more for 10x the quality.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

The FTC body already comes with the gloves and boots for $12. With the Type S body you have to pay $10 just for the body, plus another $8 for the gloves and boots. Then you say you have to alter the body to make them fit.

I think that decision would also depend on one's appraisal of the qualities of the FTC body and the Type S body, not merely the cost.

Some may be happy as is, some may simply restring an existing body, some would prefer an up-grade.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Oct 18, '14, 10:16 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

^^
          Agreed. All subjective.

I'm the route that does the restring hybrid bodies since I have preference for the T1 torso. But for classic appearance with ease of pose-ability and playability, then hands down the Type S. Worth the cost for longer durability. The new MIC stock FTC bodies are good for a short spell but they are no where near the original Mego bodies and the rubber bands are not the same as the original. Hence why I restring all the bodies I use and toss the old Mego and FTC bands out into the can.

But the Type S is the way to go between the two. Bandless. Just waiting to see if they do the swappable torsos, muscular and type 1. And bigger shoulder/biceps look like the old Castaway/Flatt bodies.

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

FTC bodies vs. Type-S vs. Mego vs. Dr. Mego! Battle Royal! Remember I'm looking to see what FTC WGH (or 66) figs Can & Can't be successfully transferred to WHAT Body!

Hey guys QUESTIONS TIME...............AGAIN! LOL!

I have not had the pleasure of seeing a TYPE-S in person, so I can not report on that. My only concerns can be allayed if any of you guys (& Ladies) can answer some questions, & even better....ADD pics IF you have the time &/or interest to do so. In the name of Mego science of course!

?: Which FTC WGH (or BATMAN 66 as I collect multiples of BOTH lines) figures can be SWAPPED onto a TYPE-S body HEAD & COSTUME wise?
            I want to know exactly which FTC WGH figures have been SWAPPED to the TYPE-S & how that FTC fig's COSTUME & HEAD FITS. I don't want to rip any costume (I'm less concerned about wobbly heads as I use li'l clear braid rubber bands for SO much action figure wise & bet they'd work 4 that!)

1.) What FTC WGH (or 66) fig's Costumes & Heads fit the TYPE-S & how well?

2.) What FTC WGH figs DO NOT have costumes (or heads/accessories) that DO NOT FIT on the TYPE-S ?

3.) How do the FTC WGH figs costumes/ect. that DO NOT fit the TYPE-S bodies look when displayed w/ some FTC WGHs on TYPE-S bods?

4.) What's the *HEIGHT/weight/measurements of the A.) original MEGO male Type-2 body B.) FTC China MALE WGH/66 body C.) TYPE S & D.) Dr. Mego male body

5.) What modifications are needed for the 66 Batman & Robin exactly? TOOLS needed?

6.) Measurements of Ht./Wt./ect. of FEMALE 8" A.) MEGO - B.) Doc Mego female - C.) FTC WGH or generic female (FTC CATWOMAN's measurements will be taller/Mego accurate)

7.) PICS would be great.

*If I had a digital scale I would do the heights weights. I left out the BBP body in my questions for 2 reasons, I DON"T like them (male or female) & their female body has no neck attached so it doesn't work for transferring the FTC females anyways.

Thanks to anyone who offers their measurements, opinions, experience swapping (swapping back even?) of these FTC re-mego WGH/Bats 66, & especially PICS PICS PICS!Sorry I ask so much of all of you & will not be the least bit shocked or offended if nobody wants to try this BIG task!!

It's just I sped A LOT of $$$ on these FTC WGH & Batman 66 figures & LOVE that FTC is doing them, BUT....my x2 Nephews almost NEVER get to play w/ them (which is what excited me MOST of ALL about these FTC Mego announcements) BUT the Bodies are well....Cheap feeling/light well CRAP as far as posing/durability & as giving these to my nephews to play w/ even my watchful OCD eye while playing w/ them. I would not give these my Grandson for at least 2-3 more years. I hope FTC makes a GREAT new 8" Male & Female body that extends these offerings & my two Grandchildren (Boy is 1 1/2 & Girl is a few months old) will be able to look on the megomuseum w/ me to see what NEW DC FTC goodness is coming 3-4 years from now & on! BUT, the QC, Bodies quality for ANYTHING other than almost static & untouched display, & BIG Heads (too detailed & NOT MEGO-ISH ENOUGH IMHO) MAY CUT THIS LINE SHORT FOR ME SOONER THAN LATER, & IF TOO MANY costumers FEEL the way I do, IT'LL FOLD SADLY & FTC will not be producing the Mego-repro lines I LOVE! :(

Thanks 4 Any Info & Pics! ---- invisiblelad
            Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 19, '14, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

which leads back to my Original Post that started this thread.....lol

I'll most likely order one new $12 FTC fig and try it out.Gotta figure which one of the customs on my list I want to do that way though, just in case
              I don't like it.....
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by darkbros
                which leads back to my Original Post that started this thread.....lol

I'll most likely order one new $12 FTC fig and try it out.Gotta figure which one of the customs on my list I want to do that way though, just in case
                I don't like it.....
                Yeah we got sidetracked on discussing which body was better vs which is better for what you needed. Sorry about that.

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  ^^ I'd sure like to know what dollar store is selling mego like bodies. Teemu, that dead horse you beat must look like ground chuck by now.
                  perhaps you keep missing the point? The bodies feel like something you'd buy in a Dollar Store (light weight and CHEAP) and FTC charges a high price for it..Worded better for you?

I plan on telling as many people as I can how they can upgrade and make there figures MUCH better,more posable using the Type S body because its that GOOD! My pictures I've posted ARE proof of that!

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

Yeah we got sidetracked on discussing which body was better vs which is better for what you needed. Sorry about that.
                    Well... the title of the thread is "FTC superhero body vs. Type S bodies...your thoughts?" So by discussiong which body is better, we are not really sidetracked. Type S is the best body on the market, the FTC superhero bodies are probably the weakest body on the market. Not as bad as their original CTTV body, but weaker in most ways than anyone elses.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                      perhaps you keep missing the point? The bodies feel like something you'd buy in a Dollar Store (light weight and CHEAP) and FTC charges a high price for it..Worded better for you?

I plan on telling as many people as I can how they can upgrade and make there figures MUCH better,more posable using the Type S body because its that GOOD! My pictures I've posted ARE proof of that!
                      now the dead horse looks like Steak Tartar.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
                        Well... the title of the thread is "FTC superhero body vs. Type S bodies...your thoughts?" So by discussiong which body is better, we are not really sidetracked. Type S is the best body on the market, the FTC superhero bodies are probably the weakest body on the market. Not as bad as their original CTTV body, but weaker in most ways than anyone elses.
                        Hey buddy, good to see you, big Monday in store?

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          now the dead horse looks like Steak Tartar.
                          Har! Har! Har!

Comment

• skullface
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 29, 2012

I replace broken mego type 1 bodies with mego type 2 bodies,they are still everywhere. I dont know why you guys keep buying some of the new junk,when the well made old stuff is still around and cheap,

Comment

• Vinny0026
                              Year Five!!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

As always I'm late to the Dance

Look Hands down Type S is the best body out there period. For display, or to pose, or for a kid to play with.
                              This by no means is a knock on CTV/Figures inc. If you are buying those figures just to leave MOC, or to display them loose than those bodies work just fine.

But the Type S is a whole different story - no matter what you do - It will always be better on the type s body than any other body. (it is also better than docs, and the old cast away bodies as well) They really did a perfect job on it.

Depending on what custom you make though - I find some will always look better with different bodies
                              Apache Chief and Samurai to me look best on the old CTV bodies where you can see the abbs. Cap looks better on the swivel arm bodies

And everything looks great on the type s.

it just depends what you are going for. (IMO)
                              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• invisiblelad
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Hey Guys,

ANY FTC WGSH repro or Batman 66 figure's COSTUME &/or HEAD/accessories NOT fit the TYPE-S?

*I buy multiples of each of these FTC lines, & can barely let my x2 nephews play w/ these like my JLU & MOTUC figures that hold up entirely. So I want to share the MEGO PLAYTIME Memories that were so magical & fantastic to me & my brother w/ BOTH my x2 nephews & my Grandson & Granddaughter in 2-4 years.

Thanks 4 Ay info guys! I really want to get these so we can immediately PLAY Megos w/ my boys like in my earliest & favorite childhood Superhero Toy memories! I just nneed to kow if any don't work, as I don't want ripped or ruined costumes & want uniformity! I figure PENGUIN wouldn't look right (Retro WGSH) & obviously Mr. Mxy (But the TT bods from FTC pose better due to their arm design). So I just realy need to know IF I should buy the TYPE-S bodies & how many I should buy & for what FTC DC WGSH & Batman 66 figures! THANKS again 4 any info on these!
                                Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 21, '14, 1:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎