Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys that there might only be one or a few left in existence...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Red Lantern Zilius Zox

This is my Holy Grail. I bought it before anybody noticed that Prototypes of the Green Lantern TAS were showing up on Ebay. Since then this one figure has never showed up again and I refuse to have him cast.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Toy Timelord
      Banned
      • Aug 4, 2014

Sweet Zillius.

But you do know the moment another hits the bay, your monopoly is over....

You may own the only sculpt that made it out, but there's likely more, and collectors will stop at nothing to make them happen. Just ask Funko/Super 7. Collectors were reluctant to let them cast their Alien Protos, but a determined person will find a way!

I'm not saying this to spoil your fun, only to say, no toy is truly guaranteed to remain unproduced. I don't blame you a bit for not letting him be cast. But if Mattel chose to do one later (not likely, but possible) you'll still have a first shot.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

The problem I had was the people who could cast him wanted to cut the arms and legs off to cast. So I decided to pass on that.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Bantha5
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 2, 2013

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          The problem I had was the people who could cast him wanted to cut the arms and legs off to cast. So I decided to pass on that.
          That wouldn't be necessary, just make a mold of the whole figure. Pour that mold in wax. Cut the arms and legs off the wax cast, add articulation and make new molds of the separate parts. Cast in plastic and your done. Ryan

Comment

• Toy Timelord
            Banned
            • Aug 4, 2014

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            Ahh, yeah, I see your point there.

Bantha5 knows what's up.

Comment

• mark_mco
              • May 3, 2013

Originally posted by enyawd72
              I have a mint FunStuf Rock Trap Thing. It's the companion piece to the Rage Cage Hulk, which is pretty easy to find.

I have no idea how many Things were produced but I've only seen the loose figure a handful of times and the complete set only twice including mine.
              Just joined this forum and saw this old post. I actually worked for Funstuf back in the late 70's. I had just graduated high school and was working as the 2nd shift supervisor for the facility in Maitland Florida, just north of Orlando. It's biggest success came with the Incredible Hulk Aniform. They initially had a purchase order from Toys 'R' Us for somewhere around 50,000 units, with several follow-up orders. The Thing with his rock trap was also shipped to all of the Toys 'R' Us stores, but it much smaller numbers - less than 5,000 units if I remember correctly.

Mark
              Last edited by mark_mco; Feb 11, '17, 6:25 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

that's cool.The Thing was pretty popular in the 70s as I recall,with his own Flintstones and The Thing cartoon.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎