X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyldpny
    Star Trek Mego Customizer
    • Jan 29, 2008

Anyone remember Kosmic Kiddles?

I still have one Kozmic Kiddle that survived over the years and would like to find the others again to complete a collection of them. They are silly little kids toys, but I guess you could say that about a lot of vintage toys.
    Anyway, if anyone has any or knows where I can find any for sale please let me know.
    Thanks
    Last edited by wyldpny; Mar 19, '08, 11:08 PM.
    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
    Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
    Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"
  • misterdroid
    Banned
    • Jan 10, 2008

My aunt used to have a little green guy in a UFO... She would never let me play with it when i was at her house. It used to eat me alive.
    I have thought about collecting them many times over the years since then, but I am afraid of breaching the action figure/doll barrier.

Comment

• misterdroid
      Banned
      • Jan 10, 2008

And they are called KOZMIC kiddles. Check on ebay. They are fairly rare though.

Comment

• wyldpny
        • Jan 29, 2008

Kozmic Kiddles were produced by Mattel in 1969 as part of their Liddle Kiddle assortment. The Kozmic Kiddles series was made up of a total of four glow in the dark Kiddles kids that featured two antennaes on their heads with a small lock of hair (think of a baby superman look). Each of the four different Kozmic Kiddles came in different colored spaceships, with each ship parked on a plastic purple rock with their name and Mattel logo on the side of the rock.
        The one I still have is Yello Fello.
        Still looking for Bluey Blooper, Greenie Meanie and Purple Gurple.
        Here is a web site that shows what they look like for those who would like to see:
        http://www.theweaponshop.com/kiddles.html

Steve
        Last edited by wyldpny; Mar 19, '08, 11:10 PM.
        Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• wyldpny
          • Jan 29, 2008

Oops, your right... Kozmic Kiddles
          Last edited by wyldpny; Mar 19, '08, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• wyldpny
            • Jan 29, 2008

Originally posted by misterdroid
            And they are called KOZMIC kiddles. Check on ebay. They are fairly rare though.
            Yup, there are two on eBay right now, but look at those asking prices and they are not even complete! One is Purple Gurple and it's missing an antennae and also has damage to the base, etc. Item number: 140177322380 asking $150.
            The other one is the same as the one I have but this one is missing both antennae and the asking price is at $145. Item number:330197037752

I guess I will wait a bit longer....

Comment

• wyldpny
              • Jan 29, 2008

There is also a mint loose set thats for sale for only $1,495. for the set of four:
              The Rarest Of The RARE! KOZMIC KIDDLES SET! (DOLLS) at Memory Lane Collectibles & Memorabilia
              It says they are on hold though. Someone apparently has some serious expendable cash to agree to paying that amount for those. Wow!!
              I also love the Star Trek "Beam em' up" reference too.
              Guess I am going to have to save up my pennies for a little while longer >sigh<

Comment

• wyldpny
                • Jan 29, 2008

And lets not forget what Mattel released for Kiddles the year before the Kozmic Kiddle set in 1969:
                Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Kiddles. Released in 1968

I wonder what these might set someone back? I shudder just to think about it LOL

Comment

• wyldpny
                  • Jan 29, 2008

There is a Liddle Kiddles photo, identification and price guide that was produced back in 1996 authored by Paris Langford. Since it is long out of print, on Amazon the cheapest you get a used copy is $70 and on eBay they start off at over $100!
                  In 1986 there was a book titled Liddle Kiddles Dolls and Accessories by Tamela Storm and Debra Van Dyke.
                  Those start off at $85 for a used book! And then there is Liddle Kiddles by Mary Elsinger from 1983 and you can't even begin to think to touch one of those used books unless your ready to pony up at least $186. bucks!
                  If these books are worth that no wonder some of these Kiddle toys are being put up for auction at the prices they are.
                  Talk about wishing you could go back and buy cases of a toy based on the "if you knew then what you know now" mentality...sheesh!
                  Last edited by wyldpny; Mar 19, '08, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 20, 2008

These were reissued in keychain form in the past few years too. Those are pictured on that page linked to above. I have some of those but none of the originals, though I remember my older sister had one when we were kids.

Sean

Comment

• Leeman13
                      • Mar 4, 2008

Wow. I haven't thought about these in YEARS. Didn't even realize they were a rare toy. I had one of these as a child, maybe the blue one, just going by a sketchy memory. I seem to remember mine looking and feeling VERY fragile. Especially the hinge that attaches the dome to the bottom of the ship. Too bad most of my "odd" toys were tossed or given away about 20 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎