X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

WB boss announces film slate

Lego, Potter and DC heroes populate WB film slate.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/kevin-ts...tation-851823/

Film release graphic

Nice plan. Hope it happens. Odd, it appears Batman and Superman will only be in the JL movies without solo films until at least 2021.

UPDATE: WB tweets that solo Superman and Batman films will be mixed in with these other DC films

Time Warner @twxcorp
    Follow
    .@WarnerBrosEnt plans to release at least 10 @DCComics -based films beginning in 2016, not counting stand-alone Batman and Superman films.
    10:50 AM - 15 Oct 2014

329 RETWEETS 179 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite
    Last edited by madmarva; Oct 15, '14, 5:48 PM.
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

That's a HUGE mstake to attempt an Aquaman release before Shazam. They need to capitalize on Johnson's star now as opposed to five years from now. Why sit on that financial powder keg? Superhero movie plus the Rock? THat's free money. Aquaman is equally unproven in society, but has a second-tier actor at best as the lead. That's the one you take time to develop and hype. THe Rock needs no hype and the time to make that film is yesterday. WB is going to screw up again...
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

It's more nonsense. Tsujhira's trying to quell fears and pump up shareholders. Just consider; if BvS gets pounded by Civil War, why would they move forward on a Wonder Woman movie and JLA, in the same year? They would choose one, and the odds are it would be the team film.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

This has epic fail written all over it.

Like Axe said...the order is wrong. Second, why even make a Flash film when you've got a great series (so far) with film quality FX every week? Where's the B.O. draw? If they recast him for the movie it'll just confuse people.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I love superheroes, and yet am completely unmoved by any of this. Why?

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

Make mine Marvel!
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

My youngest girl is looking forward to Wonder Woman. Unless they make her work hard to prove to be like the other male super heroes and it's not sponsored by Micro$oft. LOL

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

When the first such timetable leaked, The Shazam film was in place where the Suicide Squad film is now. Who knows why it was moved. Maybe the SS script came together quicker; maybe the Rock's schedule filled up. Or a dozen other reasons. As for Aquaman before Shazam, maybe WB feels it would be better to get the Aquaman film out more quickly to take advantage of possible goodwill from the JL movie.

If the films are well made, I don't think it would matter. If they are bad, it's not going to matter either.

As Hedrap pointed out, any 6-year schedule should be taken with a grain of salt. Supposedly, Batman vs Superman and the first JL movie are filming back to back so beyond that who knows what will be made?

But maybe there is a plan in place with the Aquaman film leading into JL2? Who Knows? An Atlantis-Amazon War with the rest of the JL caught in between would be fun.

Not very impressed with the casting of Flash. Ezra Miller is a good actor (Perks of Being a Wallflower is a very good movie and he's excellent in it) but he is certainly not traditional super hero material.

How much peroxide will WB have to buy to make him and Mamoa blond?

Again, I hope all of these get made and that they are good. I have to be optimistic despite WB's track record with some properties and it's snail's pace in getting these films made.
                Last edited by madmarva; Oct 15, '14, 9:35 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I agree that Shazam should be shown as soon as possible while the Rock is still popular. Who knows what his position at the box office will be five years from now.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I have no problems with Mamoa's non conventional exotic looks...my problem with him is that he's a limited actor, very little range, and frankly, not an A list star.
                    sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

With Shazam, I think the story that will eventually come out is WB wanted him for Jon Stewart or Aquaman, and the producers for Shazam, which is an old contract, balked and cashed it in.

Meaning, Rock's getting paid for a movie whether it gets made or not. In other words, they shelved him. As pointed out, Rock's value in five years could be half of what it is today, just look at Vin Diesel or Will Ferrel.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

^^^If that's what happened then WB are simply fools. A Shazam movie with the Rock is a near guaranteed 500 mil minimum worlwide, and that doesn't include merch and bluray. If there was a 90 percent chance you could triple your investment in two years would you do it? Anyone but Warners I guess. He's the most bankable star currently, and they need to build on that momentum or at least hang onto it's coat tails. The WB honchos apparently do not understand the concept of a limited window.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                          Superman's Pal
                          • Jun 17, 2005

I'm not really impressed, either. Just seems to me that for many years (decades, even), WB has lazily cruised on the iconic popularity of DC's core characters with the general public; their cavalier attitude has allowed Marvel to catch up and overtake them in the popular consciousness, now WB is stuck playing catch up by releasing a list of dates with little or no details.

WB's plan of "no one has heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy, therefore it will flop; we have Superman and Batman" clearly is not working.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

I'll believe this when I see....never mind....most of this stuff probably won't even get produced
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• megoscott
                              Founding Partner
                              • Nov 17, 2006

The most interesting part of this at my house in the Lego Ninjago and Lego Batman movies. Seriously. 2016 is too long to wait.
                              This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎