X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

American Horror Story - Freak Show

I watched the first episode yesterday, and, man, that clown is something else. Seems like he has more than one personality. Duality seems to be an overriding theme this season.
    Last edited by madmarva; Oct 13, '14, 11:33 PM.
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Yeah,the clown is creepy yet great...lol
    Nice start to the season hope the rest of the season holds up.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

I still need to watch it. Hopefully tonight.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

My interpretive memories of tupperware parties in the 70's will never be the same after this episode.

My first ride on AHS; compelling start… homage to Tod Browning, David Bowie and sideshow heyday.

Oh and *** is wrong with people?… never ever trust a dirty clown!

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

I'm wondering what the purpose is to using the song "Life on Mars" about 20 years before it existed? (The show is set in 1952).
          Also I love Kathy Bates' Pittsburgh accent!

Comment

• Drzsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 9, 2011

terrible finale and it bothered me that they used the new songs throughout the series.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
              Creature Of The Night
              • May 14, 2011

Spoiler>>>>>

This season was a total bomb for me. Jessica Lange did a great job with her character (as usual), as did most of the others; but the story itself was just really bad. Dandy Motts's character, his whole storyline and his demise was just bad, bad, bad. Didn't care for the con artist Stanley leg of the story either. Had such potential, but it just left me disappointed.

Comment

• SentientApe
                Career Member
                • May 1, 2014

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                I'm wondering what the purpose is to using the song "Life on Mars" about 20 years before it existed? (The show is set in 1952).
                The entire series has featured anachronistic songs; this latest season is no different.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 3, 2010

This season definitely crashed. Good characters, bad writing and pacing. They missed a good opportunity with Twisty and Dandy. Jessica Lange great as usual.
                  mego's befo ho's

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

I just thought this season was all over thevplace, and there wasn't one likeable character to root for, they were all pretty nasty pieces of work.
                    I did like the tie ins to the Asylum story.
                    I think it's time for a total cast overhaul, I'd like to see them try a Dark Shadows style gothic romance storyline.

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

I thought the early episodes were good. To me the episode where the con man got his due "Freaks" style would have been a good end to the show, but too many stories would have been left dangling. Lange's performance was great, but I didn't care for her flights of fantasy. The anachronistic music didn't really bother me. It ended on a road to nowhere. I stuck it out, but the last half of the season left a lot to be desired.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                        I just thought this season was all over thevplace, and there wasn't one likeable character to root for, they were all pretty nasty pieces of work.
                        This is how my wife and I felt. I don't think we made it even halfway thru the season. I would read the recaps on nerdist.com and feel like I wasn't really missing anything.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

Yet another season with way too many characters and sub-plots with no payoff. And now that it's extremely popular, everyone wants to play in the sandbox, so Ryan Murphy creates guest-parts for everybody and doesn't focus on the core group of characters. IMO, nothing was creepier in the beginning than Twisty, a homicidal clown with great visuals who unfortunately got short-changed as they moved on to other things.
                          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Yeah, I'll echo… intriguing start only to become disappointing and convoluted as the season progressed. That dirty clown was all the murder the show really needed… instead it just became another tired sadistic overplay in the modern age.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎