X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Leaked Ant Man test footage

Official footage of the upcoming Marvel's Phase Two film "Ant-Man" shown at SDCC 2012.Ant-Man is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comi...

Looks pretty darn awesome!

sigpic
  • Gadgeteer
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 16, 2014

Fun stuff, hope the movie works out, I think Paul Rudd is a great actor.
    sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Clearly Edgar Wright was the man to do this film and Marvel will regret his walking away from it. This looks like he had a clear idea of how the character works and what his powers enable him to do. That was a pretty exciting clip:

Originally posted by Hector

Looks pretty darn awesome!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Great stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing this. It's very Atom-ic, too.

Every so often in these sort of films,--the plane rescue in "Superman Returns," Quicksilver in XM: DFP, this clip--I get a frisson of real comic-book excitement: "They nailed it."
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
          Career Member
          • Jan 13, 2009

I read this on another site. This fella has some good ideas, including thoughts on the Ant Man movie.

Ultron Unlimited featured Ultron murdering a country. That gets adapted for Avengers 2, causing his creator, Tony Stark, to create the superhuman registration act out of guilt. Captain America 3 and Avengers 3 are basically a 2 part Civil War movie. Chris Evans has two movies left on his contract, he dies at the end of Avengers 3, leading into Bucky (who has 7 movies left on his deal) taking over. Thor is not part of Civil War because of his own story right before it called Ragnarok. That's Thor 3.

OK. So Spider-Man is an integral piece of CW. Marvel is trying to borrow him for this purpose, knowing they have a good chance because of the poor reception of ASM 2. Now...Marvel are being some real *****es about the FF. Canceling their comic and everything. Do they think they can borrow Reed Richards too if the Fox movie fails? Reed is the 2nd of 3 ringleaders of the SRA.

And the 3rd? Henry Pym. As it stands, Ant Man is the only film standing between Avengers 2 and Cap 3. We all wondered why Edgar Wright would ditch the movie after all the time he spent on it. This is why. Marvel demanded he rewrite the script to set up Civil War!

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

We don't need a Civil War multi-part story/film arc. What would be the purpose of that? I think it's only a notch above a Secret Wars adaptation. Worthless. It would only put big $$$ into the pockets of the writers/artists who are more recent rather than put it in the pockets of the Kirby estate and older writers/artists if we adapted classic stories?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎