X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mod Style
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 1, 2009

How about Star Trek?

In my opinion Figures Toy Company has raised the bar and set a new standard in the 8 inch format with their Batman 66 figures.NECA has me super excited about a "movie accurate" line of apes!while the MEGO style is timeless, 8 inch figures that really capture the likeness of certain actors is something that I'm really enjoying.

So I say what about Trek?........Figures, NECA....anybody! Imagine a Star Trek line that had the correct colors from the series and sculpts that really captured Shatner, Nimoy, and the others.Now don't get me wrong, I love the MEGO and the repro Trek figures, but I think this trend toward realism is really cool and a line of Star Trek figures in this format would be a big hit!.......Anybody with me?
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

I'm with you. I would like to think the demand for all the core characters in each and every Trek series could be done along with the pivotal aliens. Anything Playmates produced in their 9 inch line would be great if the sculpts were in fact spot on for most of the characters. I would greatly appreciate some Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, & Undiscovered Country movie versions of the original cast and guest stars as well. I want Klingon Captains, Harry Mudd, Ruk, Andorians, Talosians, Vina, Ilia, Saavik, Valeris, Chapel, Romulan female, and so many more from the various Trek incarnations. The Next Generation line suffered a very premature death. Don't we all crave some more Next Gen? Neca, please negotiate a deal! Thanks in advance.
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

How much longer does DST have Star Trek license? I love DST/EMCE Mego 8" Star Trek reissues and new, but there is so much more to do! Look what Playmates did with its 9" Star Trek Mego-like figures! We need more Classic, Movies, Next Generation, etc! Someone get Trek license! NECA is doing POTA 8" Mego figures after all!

Comment

• megalomaniac001
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

I would be down for movie figures and next gen!

Comment

• Gadgeteer
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 16, 2014

Yes a line of 80's movie Trek would be right up my alley!
          sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

I was hoping that Doc would have eventually done the Romulan Commanders, both Mark Lenard's version and Joanne Linville's.

Not to mention that we never got Sarek and Amanda, or Kang and Mara.
            JediJaida

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I was really hoping to see Data and a Klingon wave come out after Picard and Borg.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

I have always liked the 80s Star Trek Movie uniforms- red jackets with colored turtle necks! I have Playmates Wrath of Khan 12" Kirk and Spock and they are sharp! Only Playmated 9" figure in movie uniform is 1994 Generations Kirk! I want ENTIRE CREW 8" in movie uniforms including KIRSTIE ALLEY! sp? KHAN and other movie villians!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

I have to say it's a great idea to continue to ReMego Star Trek. While I'm old and hung-up on the original series, there really is a lot of untapped characters out there. Playmates made big money off this license back in the 90s.

Comment

• Astronut
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 21, 2010

Two assortments immediately come to mind:

1) Star Trek: The Motion Picture
                    2) Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

8-inch, you guys...!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

I was just thinking about this today. All DST had to show at NYCC Trek related was a pre posed figure of Worf. I was thinking since DST dropped the ball a long time ago with 8 inch and 7 inch Trek figures NECA or FTC would be my choice to get the Trek license. For some reason DST thinks there is no demand for more 8 inch or regular 7 inch figures. And I don't think anyone here really cares whether JJ Abrams wants classic Trek merchandise on the market or not.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 16, 2014

I bought multiples of the Generations movie Kirk 9 inch figure and put the uniforms on a few other figures, didn't really go beyond that meant to change rank and turtleneck color...still might someday.
                        sigpic

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Sales of Trek 8"ers weren't enough to warrant continued production at Diamond. But that was for Diamond; the standards on what's enough demand to warrant production at FTC may be different. I don't see the license leaving Diamond tomorrow, but the amount of Trek stuff they are doing seems to be ever dwindling (and the statues pretending to be action figures they are making now have no appeal to me at all). If the license did come up, I wouldn't mind seeing FTC grab it. It shouldn't be anywhere near the cost of something like the DC license (the movies do alright, but the merchandising has fallen flat on its face), so it might be worth FTC's while, even if they simply picked up where Diamond left off (although there may be folks who missed the main crew last time around that might want to start from scratch).

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

The big problem I see with this is they would have to use their bodies with black boots that they still have. And someone can correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those the Space:1999 bodies and weren't they made in India?

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 21, 2009

The EMCE Trek stuff was outstanding; really some of the best work that has been done on Re-Megos. I'd like to see the Mego Trek lines continue in some fashion, whether it's FTC, BBP, or someone else, if EMCE can't continue.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎