X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Dracula Untold

My daughter REALLY wanted to see this so we went yesterday.

Thankfully, it's not graphic and less bloody than an episode of Gotham.

I've read a lot of criticism of the film and I would say I do agree with it but I'd also offer that I still enjoyed the experience. It's a decent popcorn film, sometimes a C+ movie is a pleasure unto it's own.

Decent performances amidst some sometimes cheesy dialogue, it did feel like it had been edited though. The movie benefits by the (completely surprising to me) presence of Charles Dance as Caligula, I am guessing he is the "Nick Fury" of this universe.

Anyway, my nine year old loved it and I liked it ok.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

I wouldn't argue it was a good movie, but I had fun watching it. It basically makes Dracula a tragic medieval super hero with incredible power and silver as his Kryptonite. I'm a sucker for super heroes, so I hope it does well enough for a sequel.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Watched this last night with Cindy and the boy. We all enjoyed it. Yes, it paints both the historical Vlad and the fictional Dracula as being far too noble and heroic, but if you know that going in, it's a fun ride. I liked Luke Evans in the Hobbit films, so that goodwill carried over here. Dominic Cooper played the sultan as sneeringly evil, but I think the part called for him to be so bad you wanted him dead.

I'd like to see more, and could definitely see Evans as the new Dracula of a Universal universe. I just hope the "evil him up", from his years of vampiric un-life.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        [I]...could definitely see Evans as the new Dracula of a Universal universe. I just hope the "evil him up", from his years of vampiric un-life.

Chris
        I was wondering about this aspect of it, as isn't Uni planning a Monsters reboot?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, originally, this wasn't supposed to be part of that "Universal Monster Universe" they are planning. It was supposed to start with the Mummy reboot. Then, just a short while before the movie's release, suddenly this Dracula was the start of it.

The box office performance was pretty poor, so I'm not sure what any of that means.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎