X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Justice League film's main villain...

According to this article...it will be Brainiac...

What says the masses?
    sigpic
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

That's a good choice. Probably chosen because the next Avengers film villain is Ultron but still good enough to necessitate the whole Justice League come together.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
      I'm the Star Spangled Man
      • May 21, 2011

Awesome. If it's true, then I think it's great. They probably didn't use the Darkseid/alien invasion plot to avoid comparisons to The Avengers. Then again, they're now using an A.I. who controls an army of robots.

I'm kidding, I think Brainiac is a brilliant choice. Done right, he (it?) could be an even biggest threat than Zod was.
      sigpic
      The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Well, if true, it's about damn time. Brainiac was originally set to be the villain in Superman III, and has YET to make it on the big screen. Plus, since this franchise began with MOS, it makes sense.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Take the Brainiac as the villain "with a grain of salt". The rumor came from a website that is known to speculate without facts.
          Last edited by monitor_ep; Oct 12, '14, 8:48 AM.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I like Brainiac as a villain. Probably smart to hold Darksied for later. He would be a hard act to follow in sequels.

It would be cool to have a bunch of shrunken JLAers whizzing around.

I want to see Starro as a villain with everyone running around with starfish stuck on their faces.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Brainiac seems like a solid, logical choice. Like Chris, I'm amazed the character has missed getting his spotlight in film until now. It seem like a sound direction so many times.

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

The Geoff Johns/Gary Frank Braniac arc would have been the PERFECT film instead of the turd fest we got in Man of Steel. The world DID NOT need another re-telling of his origin. This could have been done montage style during opening credits like the movie UP. WB missed a golden opportunity on that one. I know they wanted to make their own cinematic universe based around MoS, but they still could have transitioned into that from the Brainiac story. And, I hate to keep bringing this up, but ROuth should have still been Supes. Cavill looks the part, but Superman is not the main character in the movie, Clark is.

My oddball pick to play Brainiac is...Jim Carrey. He's got the perfect combination of wit, presense, charm, maniacal controlled chaos and can be menacing. Plus, we already know what he looks like in green. THey have to play him up as a charismatic character. He's always been protrayed as robotic, and while that's the essence of the character, on screen it needs to be a little more. He's a collector of civilizations and learns from each. Surely he's picked up a sense of humor and eloquence along the way.
                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎