BBP: KISS 3 3/4" updates?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZebMayonaise
    • Nov 6, 2012

I really agree with your statement about the articulation and sculpts. The Gene and Peter are great.. Ace is ok, Paul.. eh... I would very much like to see these in a more "vintage" or "retro" format, especially given their size. I gotta say that I am happy with them for the price. I paid $10 each. I can't help but like these though. Thrilled to have 3+3/4" Kiss in my possession!

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

Where did you get them for $10 each?

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
        • Nov 6, 2012

Local record shop in MPLS, MN... Down in the Valley. They have a bunch of merch.... head shop crap, etc. They did a deal where they were $40 for the set. Great deal!

Comment

• SKM1349
          • Feb 26, 2016

First post and thanks for the add.

I received mine in the mail today and am happy to finally own KISS action figures. The face paint on my figures is pretty good. I agree with most of the posters above about the figures being slightly thin though. The articulation is nice but they don't stand too well. I wish they would have included some stands for them.

I would have loved these figures back in the 70's when I was growing up and I am happy to have them. I hope they continue with the other KISS era outfits. Dynasty/Unmasked with Eric Carr, Creatures Of The Night with Vinnie Vincent, Eric Carr, Ace Frehley, Destroyer etc. The possibilities are endless for KISS.

Comment

• mego
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 16, 2012

Here's a couple quick shots. I really love these things.

IMG_4306.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Whats next? Destroyer? Dynasty? Lick it up?!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mego; Mar 30, '16, 7:49 AM.

Comment

• aceclone
              • Sep 3, 2013

Ace looks the best, Paul and Peter are fine/passable in my book, but that Gene is HORRIBLE! I've seen the bendables and the Christmas ornaments (which I have) with a better likeness.

Comment

• SKM1349
                • Feb 26, 2016

I heard there is another version of Gene with blood. Does anybody know if and when that is going to be made available?

Comment

• mego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 16, 2012

I love the Gene Simmons figure! To each their own as they say.
                  Bloody Gene... I believe the bloody Gene variant is included with the Alive 2 stage set.

Comment

• bgiles73
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 14, 2010

I just got these from Entertainment Earth and I love them. I got the set of 4 and the bloody version of Gene. My basic Gene had a little paint slop on the nose. Overall I love these! I am anxious to get more and would honestly love to have other bands too- Ozzy, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, etc! I definately want Kiss Destroyer variants too. Does anyone know where to get a decently scaled 1:18 drum kit for Peter Chris? I was hoping for something usable on shapeways.com, but had no luck.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 21, 2009

Thank you so much for the feedback! More figures are coming. Unfortunately at this time Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent are not possible due to licensor restrictions.
                      Originally posted by SKM1349
                      First post and thanks for the add.

I received mine in the mail today and am happy to finally own KISS action figures. The face paint on my figures is pretty good. I agree with most of the posters above about the figures being slightly thin though. The articulation is nice but they don't stand too well. I wish they would have included some stands for them.

I would have loved these figures back in the 70's when I was growing up and I am happy to have them. I hope they continue with the other KISS era outfits. Dynasty/Unmasked with Eric Carr, Creatures Of The Night with Vinnie Vincent, Eric Carr, Ace Frehley, Destroyer etc. The possibilities are endless for KISS.
                      Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                      bifbangpow.com
                      twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• mego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 16, 2012

great news about more figures. I really love these guys. Any idea about a rough time frame for the next wave?

Comment

• SKM1349
                          • Feb 26, 2016

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                          Thank you so much for the feedback! More figures are coming. Unfortunately at this time Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent are not possible due to licensor restrictions.
                          Hopefully the licensor restrictions for Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent can be resolved. Any timeline for news on the follow on KISS action figures would be appreciated. This, at least for me, is the most anticipated line of action figures. I've been collecting action figures since the 1970's and am also a huge KISS fan.

Comment

• ZebMayonaise
                            • Nov 6, 2012

I've said it before, but I love these figures. I do think that, while the articulation is nice to hold the instruments, it could be done more simply and elegantly if the guitars were handled a bit different. Sure, straps are great but the figures don't really hold the instruments well with the straps and the straps do not drape around the figures as intended. As a designer and toy lover, I'd suggest looking back to a simpler and alternative solution to this problem... perhaps like a body clip or something else that would position the instrument well on the figure. Not that you need advice from some guy on a action figure message board (I fully realize!) but I think it's a way better and elegant potential solution than the straps that sort of work. Thanks BBP! I love these... it's just a suggestion. \m/ Can't wait for the next round... Dynasty?!? Destroyer?!? My vote is for Dynasty first!!!! Anyone else have a favorite for the next wave?!?

Comment

• mego
                              Veteran Member
                              • Sep 16, 2012

Dynasty! would be schweeeeet.

Comment

• MegoMoe
                                • Feb 13, 2014

Awesome we are getting more figures! I am going to order another set to open.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎