X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZMOQ
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
    These are $47 a set or $12 each. I wonder if merchants will keep the individual price at $12? I'm sure they will be more like $15 each.
    $47 for the set? Yikes! I did a Google search for more information on the BBP Kiss 3-3/4" figures. The BBP Kiss figures are said to have 11 points of articulation. I think that means that they would not have waist, nor hand articulation. Although Gene, Paul and Ace get guitars, Peter only gets a set of drumsticks. The blurbs indicate that a full drum kit can be assembled by cutting up the packaging of all 4 figures (Yipe!) That implies CARDBOARD.

Geez, that's really too bad. I bought the Smiti Kiss Alive II playset many years ago. I just went to the garage tonight and opened it up and took a good look. It came with a full set of drums (made of plastic), speakers, microphone stands, snake on a stand, stage, etc. The Smiti Kiss figures are kinda adorable- the heads are a really good likeness, and the blocky, Lego-styled bodies are cute, and those have 14 points of articulation. The pricetag for the set was $29.99 in 2002 dollars.

After punching in the price in the Inflation Calculator, I got this:

What cost $30 in 2002 would cost $39.15 in 2014.

Ouch. I dunno about the BBP price point. Seems that you should get more than just 4 figures w/ guitars and drumsticks (and an assemble-it-yourself cardboard drum kit) for your near-$50.

I guess I'll have to see the figures in-person to decide. Hopefully they'll be closer to 4" rather than 3-3/4". After all, they all wear platform boots.

Comment

• mego
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 16, 2012

$10-15 seems reasonable enough to me. Three include guitars (good looking and accurate ones at that!) and I personally love the idea of a cardboard drum kit!
      I'm pretty sure these are gonna sell.

Comment

• MegoMoe
        • Feb 13, 2014

3 3/4" Star Wars figures are now $12.99, so the price is fair as long as we get quality figures.

Comment

• MegoMoe
          • Feb 13, 2014

I got an email from EE today updating the shipping date to August. Originally it was May.

Comment

• firestarcomics
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 19, 2014

Too bad the release date went from May to September! I was bummed to see that happen since it will be next CHRISTMAS 2015 before we see FTC Dynasty or Destroyer figures which are taking FOREVER!!!!! Its been a year since Alive 75 figures came out....im losing hope now with FTC....

Comment

• MEGOMAN
              Defender of the Megoverse
              • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by firestarcomics
              Too bad the release date went from May to September! I was bummed to see that happen since it will be next CHRISTMAS 2015 before we see FTC Dynasty or Destroyer figures which are taking FOREVER!!!!! Its been a year since Alive 75 figures came out....im losing hope now with FTC....
              Did FTC say it would be Christmas of this year for Dynasty or Destroyer?????

Comment

• firestarcomics
                Museum Patron
                • Jun 19, 2014

No, FTC never indicated that it would till CHRISTMAS 2015. Im just exaggerating because we have already waited an entire 12 months since Alive 1975 came out on the scene. I know the Dynasty costumes are tricky and all the legal and manufacturing issues but im VERY impatient at this point. Also it did NOT help that the 3 3/4 figures got pushed to September from May 2015. Im also pretty upset about the Mars Attacks and Starroid Raiders aka Cosmic Raiders NOT coming out as PROMISED....its been a pretty weird year. I keep seeing Gilligans Island,Dallas and other lines see the light of day BUT no shoo be doo lines I want....Oh, well....I will sit and eat some pie instead.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 14, 2012

Originally posted by firestarcomics
                  Im also pretty upset about the Mars Attacks and Starroid Raiders aka Cosmic Raiders NOT coming out as PROMISED....its been a pretty weird year.
                  You know, they were originally scheduled to come out in the spring of 2015. And it's only been spring for 13 days so far. So technically, those toys aren't even late yet. And even if they are going to be delayed, those things happen. I'm sure they'll be awesome when they do eventually come out.

And... to get back on this thread's topic:
                  I'm really looking forward to these KISS figures. They're going to have a headlining gig at my Mos Eisley cantina (with Bea Arthur tending the bar).

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by Joshua the Atomic Robot
                    You know, they were originally scheduled to come out in the spring of 2015. And it's only been spring for 13 days so far. So technically, those toys aren't even late yet. And even if they are going to be delayed, those things happen. I'm sure they'll be awesome when they do eventually come out.

I'm really looking forward to these KISS figures. They're going to have a headlining gig at my Mos Eisley cantina (with Bea Arthur tending the bar).

We are VERY excited about our KISS action figures too! We've been working hard on the figures, our exclusives (what?) and packaging. And we are on schedule.
                    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                    bifbangpow.com
                    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Jeff Cope
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jun 11, 2013

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                      We are VERY excited about our KISS action figures too! We've been working hard on the figures, our exclusives (what?) and packaging. And we are on schedule.
                      Exclusives, eh? Hmmmm...

Comment

• LordMudd
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Joshua the Atomic Robot
                        I was considering having them as backup band for Funko's Diva from 5th Element.

CCC.

Comment

• bgiles73
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 14, 2010

Now if Funko will do the Space Hippies from that old Star Trek episode "The Way To Eden"! Lol It's sure a good time to be a 3 3/4" retro action figure enthusiast. So many great properties that have been left out, finally getting their due. I'm excited for the upcoming Kiss figures and equally excited about Flash Gordon too. That Mos Eisley Cantina is going to be a rocking little place!

Comment

• mego
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 16, 2012

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                            Very exciting news. Maybe you guys could share a new picture? We're dying to see!!!
                            Thanks for making these by the way. Super stoked.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

SDCC Alive II stage playset.
                              Buy KISS Alive II Stage with 1:20 Scale Action Figures - Deluxe Box Set #1 - Convention Exclusive at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Pre-ordered!

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 14, 2012

It says the figures in this set are 1:20 scale. So I guess they're smaller than the regular BPP Kiss figures? Like around 3 or 3.5 inches, as opposed to 1:18 scale which would be 3.75 to 4 inches?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎