X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimjohn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by scott metzger
    THe heads definitely need to be mixed around; the head for the brown costume is definitely the "Mego" head of the group, and would do lot better on the yellow costume, which is much more Mego-esque.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. And, that is what I will do with my set.

As excited as I am for the Thor set, I am even more excited for the Iron Man set
    My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• Jerry68
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
      Sadly, I gotta say I'm disappointed. My favorite is the brown & tan Costume...I'll still probably by the set just for him. I'll either sell the other two, or use them for "custom fodder" and find BETTER head sculpts. Damn shame it didn't turn out better.
      I agree. It looks like a black adam re-use to me...
      sigpic

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

I think the set looks okay and gives customizers a lot to work with, but I could do without having two unmasked heads in the set. I'd much prefer a sculpted head to go with the yellow costume, especially if it was his first appearance mask.

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

It appears the claws are separate in the package. I hope there are enough to display all 3 with claws if we get additional bodies.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

No offence meant, but for me personally...I HATE the 1st appearance Wolvey mask. He only wore it ONE time in the Hulk comic, it hardly warrants a Head sculpt. Go with the John Byrne style instead.
            sigpic

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

My two cents: Whether or not these boots and gloves came from the FC line. They look like they do. Don't care for the removable mask. Don't like the grimace face.
              I recommend dumping the grimace face with removable mask, and double up on the sculpted mask/head with color variation.

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                My two cents: Whether or not these boots and gloves came from the FC line. They look like they do. Don't care for the removable mask. Don't like the grimace face.
                I recommend dumping the grimace face with removable mask, and double up on the sculpted mask/head with color variation.

I agree. I would rather have the head that is on the brown suit Wolverine on it and on the yellow suit version, only on the yellow suited one it could be painted to have the whiskers. No idea if any changes like that could even be made or approved at this point, but that is what I would rather have.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

One great thing about these heads, and FTC's over-scaled ones for that matter, is that talented hobbyists may remedy them according to their tastes--just as with vintage Mego.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                    I agree as well. The removeable mask doesn't seem to fit with Wolverine and that sculpt isn't too hot. The brown figure looks amazing.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 24, 2009

These are growing on me. At first I noticed the things mentioned about the boots and gloves. But, these are prototypes, so I will reserve judgement for when they are finished. Besides, I will get this no matter what! I figure I can do some customizing work on these to better match my personal tastes if needed. One thing for sure, Wolvie looks skinny! I thing I will put the costumes on some of Doc's swivel arm bodies and use the Mego style body for the civilian figure., but that is my personal preference!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by megalomaniac001
                        These are growing on me. At first I noticed the things mentioned about the boots and gloves. But, these are prototypes, so I will reserve judgement for when they are finished. Besides, I will get this no matter what!
                        Buy my custom heads 'no matter what!'. I used to think that "these are prototypes, so I will reserve judgement for when they are finished." Then the FTC "Alfred" came out all wrong. Boy, did I feel like the fool. Oh sure I could have said something, but I never did. Have all the faith you want. Buy whatever you want. Just don't try to sell me any false hope, through 'blind faith'.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I don't think anything was taken from FC, but the boots, gloves, and claws all look FC "inspired", not Mego.
                          The "grimace" face head looks like a Conan head with hair added. Not a good look. So unnatural looking. More constipated than anything else. Robot Chicken will have fun with that. Logan looks pretty good. The brown/orange figures looks good except for the boots and the open hand with claws. The angle of the claws on the open hand looks funny. The yellow/blue costume looks good except for the boots and gloves. Not sure about his cowl... Gloves like the brown figure and the sculpted cowl head and different boots and it would be cool. As it is, bummer.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Its definitely the worst set in this line so far (Spiderman & Captain America sets are way superior)... I think its also a departure from the Retro Action whole purpose as Wolverine was never made by Mego...

That said, I'll be getting one Wolverine set anyhow... I will tweak/customize the Wolverine set to look the way I think it should and that promises some fun... Need to support the line at least until Thor and Iron Man are made... Its my dough and I spend it the way I want.

Comment

• Action Martin
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 30, 2007

There goes the "Mego version" of Wolverine out the window!
                              A Mego Wolverine would not have looked as good as these figures. That's the exact Logan that most all of us knew we would be getting. Is there a cowboy hat?
                              My only "gripe" is the removable mask.
                              Oh, and why molded gloves for blue/yellow Wolverine but "cuff" gloves for brown/orange Wolverine?
                              Scott

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

Whatever version was supposed to be the mego-ish should have worn blue ovenmitts or blue Richard Reeds FF4 gloves...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎