Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Thor is on display with Spidey, Cap and Logan at the DST booth. Looks like just the original Mego for now. Check fotos on Figures.com.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

It looks way too much like a Famous Covers rip-off. The giant boots and gloves suck.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

I find this set to be very nice. Boots look a bit thick but Wolverine is a stocky dude, so they work for me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Winter 2015 would be next winter.

Originally posted by ovenmitt
          I just noticed the card in front of Wolverine set says Winter 2015. That's March at latest!

Dec. 2014- Spidey
          Jan. 2015- Captain America
          Feb. or March 2015- Wolverine

Is DST releasing more than 4 sets a year? I'd at least like a set every other month 6 a year!

C'mon with a FEMALE already!
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
            Thor is on display with Spidey, Cap and Logan at the DST booth. Looks like just the original Mego for now. Check fotos on Figures.com.
            ^^^Hey! Thanks for the lead! There is a Mego Thor repro figure with a label that reads: "Pending Licensor Approval". Yoo Hoo!!! I only hope we get to see all of these made...^^^

Comment

• megowgsh
              Customego HoF Curator
              • Nov 19, 2003

THOR! http://www.figures.com/gallery/showp...=dst&cat=18002
              Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

Thor and IronMan I want for sure, Wolverine is a maybe if he is improved some.
                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

If Wolverine's boots were more like Thor's, it would look better. Wolverine was one of the worst Famous Covers figures. To copy that, instead of the advertized "Mego style" is a shame. Mego never would have used those boots. Iron Man had thin boots. So did Thor. I think this set is nothing like Mego. It looks too much like a custom Mego made from Famous Covers parts. The sculpted hair looks really bad, too. I was so excited for this line, but I don't think I'll get any. Too expensive for the few parts that could be used for customs. Whoever decided to copy the Famous Covers figures should be fired! Just my opinion...
                  Last edited by LonnieFisher; Oct 10, '14, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

I suspect these are somewhat handmade mock ups to show what the figure would look close to. Meaning these look hand stitched, they may have used some pieces from mego and other lines and adapted them to close to what they want. Then when they manufacture them, they might be somewhat different. The figures like Captain America are going to look closer to what they will look like since you can buy red hero boots and things like that. Characters that were never made by mego will be a lot harder to make a mock up of, without using some existing parts from various toy lines or hand molding some pieces.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

THe heads definitely need to be mixed around; the head for the brown costume is definitely the "Mego" head of the group, and would do lot better on the yellow costume, which is much more Mego-esque. THe boots and gloves do look like they need some work, and the heads are majorly off, somehow, especially the growling one. I'm hoping there are some major changes before production; the Spidey and Cap sets both look really good, but this one is something of a misfire so far. Thor looks like he's on the right track, though.

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

Nothing on these was borrowed from Famous Covers - everything was sculpted by hand, cast in resin by hand, hand painted.
                        The actual production versions will be thinner because Mattel isn't making them.

Oh and everything is hand stitched too. Brian Leitner did the Thor costume overnight to make it in time for the show
                        and I sewed everything else.

The full Thor set will be on display at Toy Fair in February.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• FamousCoversFan
                          • May 18, 2014

Thanks Doc! Great set. I love it.

Can't wait to see Thor (and whatever is coming after that).

Comment

• hawkmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2003

I was on the toynewsi site and it had wolverine and what looked like a thor in the pictures.
                            wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              If Wolverine's boots were more like Thor's, it would look better. Wolverine was one of the worst Famous Covers figures. To copy that, instead of the advertized "Mego style" is a shame. Mego never would have used those boots.
                              You know what would have worked great and kept with the Mego look. Take the Mego Klingon boots and cut a "V" in the front of them. That's what I'd do for a custom Wolverine.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Boywonder0
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by drmego
                                The full Thor set will be on display at Toy Fair in February.
                                Woohoo! Thank you so much Doc! Keep them coming!!! Iron Man after Thor please!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎