Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, it reminded me of the early Waid era where Wally was really exploring the limits of his powers.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

I think Captain Cold was giving the heat gun weapon to Heat Wave, another classic Flash Rouge's Gallery villain. HW & Cold occasionally teamed up as the "Temperature Twins", usually squabbling over a girl ( Iris).

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, Cold called the guy "Mitch" and that's Heat Wave. But I think the "Burning Man" is probably Firestorm. Just my take.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Grimjohn
          The Flash has become my favorite show this season, it entertains me in every aspect and has me looking forward to Tuesday nights.
          My feelings exactly. And it's a show I feel I could enjoy in rereuns/dvd as well.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I never stop for a show during the week these days...except The Flash. The whole family watches it.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Drzsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 9, 2011

The girl who works for the guy in the wheelchair(sorry my memory is bad)her boyfriends name was Ronnie,he disappeared during the accident,he will be Firestorm.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, that is Ronnie Raymond. Professor Stein AND Jason Rusch, the other two halves of Firestorm with Ronnie at different times, have also been cast.

Katelyn Snow (the assistant to Dr. Wells) is also the secret ID of Firestorm's enemy, Killer Frost, so...

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by megoknight
                  I'm guessing during the accelerator accident. Ronnie and the Professor merged as one. I hope they try to get the suit right as a containment suit.

With or without puffy sleeves? LOL!
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^After the accident, Ronnie has amnesia and has taken to the life of a flamenco dancer.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I hate to be a party pooper here, but the Flash is already boring me. First off, Barry's eye stalking of his stepsister is already creeping me out (does anybody get the same feeling here?). Barry's guardian/stepfather gets on my nerves. That scientist kid who resembles Jacob from the Twilight movies is annoying. The sinister fake wheel chair dude, well, I want him gone already...and the meta human of the week is just repetitive to me. It should really just be one villain for a few episodes before he/she is defeated...the way they are doing it now, feels like an assembly line of villains, it loses its luster.

I will keep trying to watch it, but each week is becoming less enjoyable to me.

Gotham on the other hand, I'm so addicted to that show...I literally can't wait to see what Oswald/Pinguin does next, lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

And don't get me wrong, I think the young actor playing Barry Allen is dead on, perfectly cast, and he's a good actor
                        Last edited by Hector; Nov 23, '14, 1:41 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

I like the villain of the week, it hearkens back to both the silver age comics and the Batman tv show. As for the deus ex machina creation of a lot of these guys, I really don't care for that aspect. At least Cold didn't get his powers from the particle accelerator like all the others so far, except the unseen Heatwave. Dr. Wells being a evil guy with an agenda from the future is intriguing, but I was hoping he would turn out to be Rip Hunter.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

For me, the villain of the week angle is great. Much rather see that then the soap opera aspects they insist on loading these shows with. Arrow in particular is getting bad for that.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

The problem with the villain of the week for me is that there's no time in developing the character...you basically get a cardboard one dimensional baddie...in he comes, out he goes...after a while, it's just uninteresting to me.

My humble opinion of course.
                              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Captain Cold will be back with Heatwave in tow, so that's one repeat. And they do seem to be building up Grodd and Zoom.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎