Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I do like that...as I said, I'll still be watching it.
    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Gotham lost me completely. It's just too impressed with how edgy it is, and it just seems forced to me. Plus, all the connections between the characters this early on is just too much. I don't blame anyone for liking it, but it just didn't do it for me.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I agree Chris. I've tried watching Gotham a few times, but I just can't get into it. It's like running a marathon in prologue form. That's what makes the Flash so dramatically different. It's a pure celebration of the hero. They've jumped into the heart of the comic book which is where we all want to go.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

I watch and enjoy both THE FLASH and GOTHAM (along with Constantine, too; for those who aren't watching that show, you missed a cool "cameo" in Friday's episode. Both show are diametrically opposite from one another and I guess that's why I enjoy them both the same amount. GOTHAM gives me the gritty, dark world that one would expect a character like Batman to come from (and Robin Lord Taylor and Jada Pinkett-Smith completely steal whatever scenes they're in). FLASH gives me my lighter, more adventurous, and definitely more super-heroic fix of live-action comics, with lots of little nods to other DC properties, as well. Really looking forward the the ARROW/FLASH crossover episodes.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I watch all the Comic book shows and I am happy that this is the year of the Comic Book shows. I have enjoyed CW Flash alot better than the older Flash series. I cannot wait to see the crossover between Flash and Arrow.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Grimjohn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 28, 2011

I am with emeraldknight47 as I am enjoying The Flash, Constantine and Gotham, in that order. Marvel may be killing DC on the big screen but, DC has "brought it" to television this year, imho. I am still watching Agents of Shield but, it seems to pale in comparison in overall enjoyment with DC's freshman class of TV shows. I am looking forward to Agent Carter, though.

The Flash continues to be a weekly thrill ride for me and what I enjoy most is that it is like watching a Flash comic book come to life.

Constantine is living up to my expectations and is sticking closer to the source material than the Keanu Reeves flick. Matt Ryan is spot on has John.

Gotham continues to fascinate me with Robin Lord Taylor's portrayal of Oswald Cobblepot, I am not as enamored by JPS' Fish Mooney as I find that she tends to overact in her scenes but, that's just my opinion. And, Sean Pertwee's portrayal of Alfred is absolutely fantastic.

For me, the Green Arrow has always been "meh" and haven't gotten into the Arrow series but, I am looking forward to the Flash crossover.
              My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

Another great episode tonight, but for me the highlight was Wells rattling off this list of people killed in the reactor blast:

Ralph Dibny - Elongated Man
                Al Rothstein - Atom Smasher
                Grant Emerson - Damage
                Will Everett - Amazing Man
                Beatriz Da Costa - Fire
                Ronnie Raymond - Firestorm

God , I hope they all show up, but Ralph in particular, after all the crappy treatment DC gave him.

I tried my best to read what was on that future newspaper, could zoom in some and make out a bit. There's definitely text there, I know someone will decipher it and post it somewhere on the internet.
                I'm wondering too- is that Braille writing on the walls in Wells' secret lair?

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, I was stoked to hear Ralph Dibny's name mentioned. I tried to read the future newspaper article, but when I paused it I couldn't make much out, perhaps my source wasn't high def enough. It was also really cool to see yet a third Prison Break alumnus cast as a Flash villain (T-Bag as Clock King!)

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Man, I only got two of those names, I need to turn in my comic fan card.

The Arrow cross over is something that would have made 20 year old me explode, I'm such a jaded, fickle man now.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Man, I only got two of those names, I need to turn in my comic fan card.

The Arrow cross over is something that would have made 20 year old me explode, I'm such a jaded, fickle man now.
                      Its the law of diminishing returns. There are comic book adaptations for everything under the Sun now. If this happened in a time when there was only Steel and Batman Forever than I would be thankful for every comic book movie out there (well maybe not Green Lantern)

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Ha! As a former student of economics, I know that law very,very well. It's an embarrassment of riches that I choose to watch only two of the what, like five shows on network tv that are comic based right now?

I live through my son these days, who watches everything but Gotham and Constantine, he gets excited for it all. I enjoy the fact that the Flash has become a family ritual.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

My wife is really into Flash & Arrow, and surprisingly, so is my mom.
                          I told her I think it's amazing she watches every week and knows all the details about the characters, but when I was a kid it was all that "goofy comic book stuff you like".

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                            ...but when I was a kid it was all that "goofy comic book stuff you like".
                            Never has a truer line been spoken, IMHO. When I was a kid and even into high school and young adulthood, reading comics and/or comics related stuff was like the kiss of death to folks around you who thought you were just weird, uncool or too stupid to read a "real" book. My, how the tables have turned now, eh?
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Finally got to see this week's episode. Loved hearing all of those names...and yes I caught them all. Bring 'em on!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

Next week the Arrow crossovers with Chroma (Rainbow Raider) and Captain Boomerang...the following week the Reverse Flash!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎