X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by madmarva
    This may be silly, but I like the lightning that trails behind him when he ran.
    This effect is a New 52 nod, yes? I like it , too.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      One thing that sticks out for me is the way they handle the various Easter Eggs...subtly. If you're not a fan, some of this stuff (like
      "The Rita Farr Story" on last night's movie marquee) will pass you by. ".
      Not to mention Blue Devil 2- Hell to Pay!

Comment

• Dark Shadow
        Creature Of The Night
        • May 14, 2011

I'm really enjoying this show so far, as much as I am Gotham. They are two completely different animals, and they are both great fun to watch. The Flash, IMO, shares the same heart and soul that was poured into the first Spider-Man movie. Gotham, on the other hand, is a perfect blend of Batman Returns & Dark Knight, with a dash of Batman Forever. Apples & Donuts. I choose to indulge in both.

I am so grateful that scripted TV is back, and that it is dominated by my favorite genres. What a refreshing rebound from the "unscripted" reality hell of the 90's/00's.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

This effect is a New 52 nod, yes? I like it , too.
          The lightning trail is actually from the 90s. I think it was either Mike Wieringo or Carlos Pacheo who introduced it during Mark Waid's long run on the Wally West Flash. I'm pretty sure it was Wieringo.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Here's an interview with Geoff Johns on DC's TV shows and how they relate to big-screen versions.

www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/the-man-at-the-center-of-dcs-tv-multiverse

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I haven't seen a Flash episode since the pilot due to my travel schedule lately but caught it with the kids last night.

The Captain Cold guy was chewing scenery a little but I really enjoyed it, especially how close it came to his origin. It's a fun show.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megojim
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 13, 2001

I too thought it was well done and especially liked him getting away for future episodes. Is it OK to approve of that?
                My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 30, 2012

I was talking to the owner of the local comic book shop earlier today and we both agree that the kid playing Barry Allen would also be good as Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He has the look and personality for that character.

Comment

• mjaycox
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 16, 2008

I like the show too. Very good comic to TV adaptation.

Just a few problems: the actress who plays his childhood crush/sweetheart is just awful. Largely because her character is written poorly. Every time she is on screen, the show grinds to a halt.

And the pretty boy cop is an awful actor too. Just god-awful.

I quite like Tom Cavanaugh as the Professer... who would've known "Ed" could play sinister so well? I am assuming, but not certain, he will turn out to be Reverse Flash.
                    Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by madmarva
                      Here's an interview with Geoff Johns on DC's TV shows and how they relate to big-screen versions.

www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/the-man-at-the-center-of-dcs-tv-multiverse
                      Thanks for the link! That was a great article. I did note that Johns was noncommittal in suggesting the Flash on the big screen would necessarily be the Barry Allen Flash we have on television, which certainly points to the possibility of Wally West playing that role. We have to remember, there is a whole generation of fans that think of Wally as the Flash, so this could be WB's way of serving both incarnations. I think there is definitely a bit of revisionist history happening in these origins and one way of doing that is to move everything forward before the creation of the Justice League. That way you get later editions of heroes that can service different generations of fans.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Nice set up for Heatwave at the end. Glad the Rogues are getting used.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Johns being involved assures the Rogues will have a presence. I think had the 90s series embraced them earlier, it may have stuck around longer.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah, Johns was ok on Flash, but he really lost me with the Skittles GL stuff. And he wasn't all that big of a help for the GL movie either
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• boss
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 18, 2003

My boys really like this show. That makes me happy.
                              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

my son and I are really enjoying the show, they are doing a great job of creating the TV universe and keeping the show fun

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎