Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTC confirms on FB page today that it will be revealing Batman Wave 4 figures soon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Exactly what I hoped they wouldn't be. 18" figures will be an easy pass for me.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Astronut
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by jayraytee
      Exactly what I hoped they wouldn't be. 18" figures will be an easy pass for me.
      Ditto. Its just as well. I can barely afford to buy all of the 8" figures I like now.

Wish they would just focus on the 8" lines. Giant-size superheroes seems like a silly path to take, IMO.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I am curious about the 18" figures. I have some -- NECA Adam West Batman, comic Hellboy, Toy Biz Spider-Man -- but none with cloth clothing.

Does anyone know if they just up-sized the Mego body, or if it is a improved Mego body?

A lot of companies do this, up-sizing a smaller figure to gigantic size. Mezco, Kubrick and Mattel (to a lesser degree) comes to mind.

I may be interested depending on the body and character selection.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

I would like to collect Sideshow 1/6 DC and Marvel but they are $200 and UP each! Same with SS and Hot Toys 1/6 Star Wars!

So, I am curious to see PRICE on FTC 1/4 18" DC and Batman TV figures!

My DREAM is to have a 18" Lynda Carter Wonder Woman! Lynda WW has topped my Christmas list since 1975 when I was 5! Mego 12" WW was good but I want a Farrow Lynda sculpt!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Looking forward to seeing these---hopefully the head scale issues will have been corrected.

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I don't care if they are build-a-kits as long as we get new figures. Looking forward to seeing these.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jayraytee
                Career Member
                • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                Looking forward to seeing these---hopefully the head scale issues will have been corrected.
                No the heads will be life size.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

Well, if the 1/4 heads are large, FTC could sell them as life-size busts. Just kidding. I might go for an 1/4 Apache Chief or Colossal Boy but I don't have room for toddler-sized figures, unless they just knock everything else on the market out of the park.

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
                    Well, if the 1/4 heads are large, FTC could sell them as life-size busts. Just kidding. I might go for an 1/4 Apache Chief or Colossal Boy but I don't have room for toddler-sized figures, unless they just knock everything else on the market out of the park.
                    Yeah I would only be interested in giant type heroes to use with the 8" heroes. Not massive Batman and Superman, no interest in that whatsoever.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Apache chief is the only 18" figure I can see myself purchase ever in the DC line.
                      Even that I would prefer in 12" I think.
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

I can see this jumping on Gentle Giants bandwagon with the 12" Star Wars figures and Mattels new 12" HeMan repros. I think those figures look cool, but I'm not going to buy any.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Neal Adams style BATMAN Please, please. please!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
                            ^^^FTC is beating the crap out of any competitors and even of the big manufacturers like Mattel or Hasbro...^^^
                            Despite the complaints from some here, they really are. Childhood all over again.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                              Also today on Facebook FTC said we will get news soon on FTC 1/4 18" DC and Batman TV figures and what FTC has seen so far is awesome!
                              The 18 inchers really won't interest me, I don't have enough room now to display all the 8 inchers I've bought from FTC.

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                                I would like to collect Sideshow 1/6 DC and Marvel but they are $200 and UP each! Same with SS and Hot Toys 1/6 Star Wars!
                                Me too, although the more expensive they get, the more delicate they get too. I sent back my Hot Toys Adam West Batman after I found out that I could not touch the costume without causing snares. I don't play with these, but I should be able to pose them before displaying them.

I did get the SSC Batman that was just released. Nice and sturdier, but not worth $200.

I had a lot of SSC Star Wars figures when they were sub $100 and a few even when they hit around $125. Then they priced me out and I sold them all.

I am hoping that the FTC 18" figures do not price people out before they are even released. NECA 1/4 figures, which are mostly sculpted but have a lot of articulation, are around $90. If the quality of the FTC 18" body is good (that is, better than their 8" bodies), I would expect them to cost about that.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎