X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Quick (Euro-burger franchise) DC Animated action figures

I recently nabbed a Penguin from the 2002 "happy meal" line of the Quick burger franchise, based in France.

I vaguely recall seeing these in AFD, and Ben Holcomb details them in his WGT site.

I think it's wonderful! Has anyone else collected these? I'm glad I got it--I'm not certain DC Direct will do the Penguin in their new animated-style line.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I have the whole set of DC figures from Quick.
    I like their style, and they made some nice Superhero stuff for Quick.
    Also have a whole tray of their Batman glasses, stuff like that.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• ovenmitt
      Persistent Member
      • May 26, 2009

I won the entire Quick DC set of 10 figures MINT in SEALED bags for only $10 at an estate auction a few years ago! I like the STAS/TNBA style of the figures!

Are they 2002? Because Wonder Woman is NOT 2001 Justice League cartoon style!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I found the 2002 date online, it sounds about right if I recall AFD correctly.

The line is using earlier designs; the Batman characters follow '97 designs I think--and Quicks WW seems to be an original interpretation.

Gorn--lucky you, right in the thick of this merchandise! But how's the food?

Mitt, you got a great price!!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• aquaboy
          • Oct 3, 2014

I used to have the set, Superman , The Flash and wonder Woman looked great. I kept Wonder Woman , wondering if she will fit in with dc Collectibles new animated line? I even thought of trying to put head on a MEGO, but was afraid I would break it.
          I will look at year , next time I go through few of my totes, I had saved the quick boxes the meal was in (unused lol)

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

This figures often go high on ebay. I was lucky to get then at SDCC when a seller was upset that he didn't make booth money so he sold me all his toys for a great discount and it included the set of Quick figures.

Here is a site that talks about them in detail: World's Greatest Toys
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Evel KMego
              Museum Daredevil
              • Apr 26, 2006

Those are nice!!!

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I always wanted those.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

I've got a set of these from when they first came out (along with the meal boxes).

What strikes me is that they are not all necessarily the same size with each other? The sizes of them varies from figure to figure. Really curious.

it is nice to have larger figures with more articulation than the figures we got here.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

always cool to see all they fast food toys we didn't get in Canada.

Last edited by samurainoir; Oct 7, '14, 8:51 AM.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      But how's the food?
                      Off subject, but since you asked- I ate at one on the main street in Aix-En-Provence back in '95. Nothing special but decent fast food. No Burger King or McDonald's but well above Hardee's.
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎