X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skid14
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 23, 2011

Who knows about this AJ???

finally able to grab one of these weird AJs. not the first ive seen but i havent seen many. most of the time they appear overseas, the last one someone here won from Belgium i believe. this one came from Canada. Dark complected, dark blue nylon suit, astronaut belt and type 2 body. the few others ive seen were the same. anyone got any info on this guy?

• palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

These seem to have come out of Germany but I'm sure you could get them in the Benelux countries as well.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• josephcardone
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 10, 2010

I have one of these too - he is a cool variation I got him from Europe as indicated by Palitoy.

Originally posted by skid14
      finally able to grab one of these weird AJs. not the first ive seen but i havent seen many. most of the time they appear overseas, the last one someone here won from Belgium i believe. this one came from Canada. Dark complected, dark blue nylon suit, astronaut belt and type 2 body. the few others ive seen were the same. anyone got any info on this guy?

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Yeah these T2 AJs are more commonly found in Europe. I found a few of these in Italy. Their a great variation but i wouldn't say they were super rare or anything.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I think it's a beautiful figure--how does the $$ compare to a standard issue?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

He almost looks like he has an Asian look to him. At least it looks that way in the picture.

Comment

• skid14
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 23, 2011

i got around $35ish in this one

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

i was going to say Hispanic, and they would certainly add a look of ethnicity to a group of AJs, even though Mego probably did not intentionally make them that way. I seem to recall some of the T2 Superman's had very dark skin color as well.

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                He almost looks like he has an Asian look to him. At least it looks that way in the picture.

Comment

• rchatlin
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 24, 2001

the head is similar to one I found on an AJ that came with the US Catalog Campmobile,
                  although the body was T1 and the belt was elastic, and the head had painted lips.

Did these come with dog tags and chest emblems?

r
                  o
                  b

Comment

• scifiguy94
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 18, 2009

I've seen a T2 just like this with painted lips also.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by clemso
                      i was going to say Hispanic, and they would certainly add a look of ethnicity to a group of AJs, even though Mego probably did not intentionally make them that way. I seem to recall some of the T2 Superman's had very dark skin color as well.
                      Either way,he looks to have a different skin tone than other AJs.

Comment

• josephcardone
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 10, 2010

Originally posted by clemso
                        Yeah these T2 AJs are more commonly found in Europe. I found a few of these in Italy. Their a great variation but i wouldn't say they were super rare or anything.
                        Clemso - Are there variations of these?? I have never seen one (besides in the catalogue picture) with a beard.

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

Variation in what way. These are T2 European AJs with darker skin tone due to the color of the plastic. I have seen them with and without beard, with the dark jump suits and the plastic belt. I've never seen one boxed yet, so not sure how they were released, maybe catalog? in mailer box or baggie?

Originally posted by josephcardone
                          Clemso - Are there variations of these?? I have never seen one (besides in the catalogue picture) with a beard.

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

Here is a pic of some of mine, from left to right, standard pale skinned AJ with bright red painted lips and pale skinned with dark (kidney bean) red lips. Next is the European AJ with dark skin tone and a pale pink painted lips on T2 (like Skid 14s) and lastly dark skinned AJ on T1 with red painted lips like the AJ that came with the Mailer box AJ Campmobile. I am sure there a lots of variations but i just pulled these ones out for a very quick pic.

Last edited by clemso; Oct 7, '14, 7:04 AM.

Comment

• clemso
                              Talkative Member
                              • Aug 8, 2001

Forgot to mention that the boxed T2 AJ also has this dark skin tone. Probably a safe bet this was the standard color for most T2 AJs.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎