X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
    FTC should have gone for the peg system like Craig did. That way, there would have been NO issues with the rubber bands!
    they all should ditch the bands.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      they all should ditch the bands.
      Agreed. Forget the nostalgia value of the rubber bands. The only memories it conjures up are of broken figures (yes, I had my share of QC issues with Megos as a kid too).

As long as they look like the figures of yesteryear, they do not have to be constructed that way.

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Especially if the bodies are made thinner and the bands are tighter and stronger... then they are not even really constructed the same.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by JediJaida
          Never mind heads, I've got three of the little darlings to my name. And none of them is going ANYWHERE! I got them off of ebay, before the prices became ridiculous.

They're gorgeous little darlings, and are still in good shape at their age.
          I had a LOT I was watching last year on Ebay that I SWORE I would not forget to bid on last minute. It had a few Mego bendies (I don't have any of those), a few Megos WGSH in various states (NONE near complete), BUt the 1 I really wanted was a Black Dinah Mite in a to'-up-from-the-flo-up Batman costume! They said all her beautiful Black parts were in working order & I FORGOT to bid!

? - Now how am I going to make a custom Team of Dinah-Mite & her Gal Friends vs. Ms. Dee-Meaner & Lady-Fingers & their BAD girls w/out BLACK Dinah-Mite (code name: Black Beauty!). I have Dinah-Mite written out as a Teen girl on a "Charlie's Angels" type team of other aptly named girls. Dinah-Mite will of course have to save her Varsity QB boyfriend DON from being tied to train tracks & such, but there are Good guys & Bad guys too! Like good guys (on a teen team similar to & competitive w/ *Dinah's Team) like Good guys: JACK-Knife & Black-JACK, & Ms. Dee-Meaner has her European Henchman: ROMAN-CANDLE. Yeah I got a whole line-up but won't drop all the many other names until they're done. If produced they would be perfect for customs for people. But If you even see a cheap auction w/ or know someone w/ a BLACK Dinah-Mite head or figure...Let me know JediJaida Plz! Thanks for your quick response too!
          *To make this on TOPIC, I'm THRILLED FTC is making these DC & Batman '66' figures. I'm hoping QC will get better soon too, so I can spend even more $$$ w/ them! & I hope they get their CTVT sites to finally get in a bunch of DIFFERENT COLORED Female 8" BODYSUITS soon, & add to that I hope FTC & CTVT get in real MEGO female hero boots in all different colors (starting of course w/ RED & Yellow for WW & Batgirl).

*As thrilled as I am w/ FTC & CTVT having the TEEN male & Female BODYSUITS & BOOTS available in 8 different colors, I hope they get the 8" female bodysuits in w/ *Mego INVISIBLEGIRL MOLDED Plastic GLOVES in various colors as well as a Good plastic female belt in many colors.

I'm thrilled they are actually taking the time on FTC's sister site CTVT to add different colored short boots & especially the ISIS Sandals in diff colors is cool, so I hope that if they are heading in the direction of adding even more CUSTOM accessories, that the female Bodysuits, IG molded plastic gloves, & mego full-length Female HERO boots will be great sellers I bet! So CTVT is adding stuff after years of just selling stuff until they were gone, I think that shows much promise for amateur customizers like me, IOW.... just add heads & clothes to play mix-&-match dress-up to create *Kinda-Customs! LOL!
          Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 5, '14, 2:40 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

It's really too bad that there aren't any AA Dinah sized heads in the 1:9 scale, even over at CTVT. I know that they have one for males, but nothing for females.

If worst comes to worst, you might have to take a CTVT or DocMego vinyl female head, strip off the hair, and dye it the color that you want. Rerooting is a pain in the butt, but it can be done.

I've asked CTVT to make an AA female head, but so far, all we have are the Supergirl type heads in different colors and the Invisible Girl sculpts with the weird too-light eyes.

I'll keep an eye out for the AA Dinah for you though.
            JediJaida

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
              Agreed. Forget the nostalgia value of the rubber bands. The only memories it conjures up are of broken figures (yes, I had my share of QC issues with Megos as a kid too).

As long as they look like the figures of yesteryear, they do not have to be constructed that way.
              Yes, they do!!! The classic Mego construction is a customizer's dream; the new ones aren't quite as easy to take apart, but the compatibility is a major asset for me. It's not a perfect construction, but the pluses FAR outweigh the minuses in my book.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
                Yes, they do!!! The classic Mego construction is a customizer's dream; the new ones aren't quite as easy to take apart, but the compatibility is a major asset for me. It's not a perfect construction, but the pluses FAR outweigh the minuses in my book.
                I doubt that it changes your mind, but you should really, really check out the Type S bodies. The potential of that body design should make a customized drool. And even as is, with no additional parts, I am sure there is a lot you can do with it as a customize.

I would at least like to see your opinion of it

Comment

• Slarivier
                  • Sep 21, 2014

I love the Type S bodies... ordered 10 of them awhile back in anticipation of future figures. They're solid, extremely posable, and not expensive.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

I doubt that it changes your mind, but you should really, really check out the Type S bodies. The potential of that body design should make a customized drool. And even as is, with no additional parts, I am sure there is a lot you can do with it as a customize.

I would at least like to see your opinion of it
                    Big question about the type S: can they be disassembled at most of the joints (pins popped out and such)?

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I'm waiting for them to get some more female bodies in.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
                        Big question about the type S: can they be disassembled at most of the joints (pins popped out and such)?

Type_S_Body_Promo_Image_B__17821.1405335643.1280.1280.jpg

And because the torso screws apart, you can pop the upper arms out at the shoulder as well.

I guess the other question is how they stack up against a Mego body. I cannot answer that.

Comment

• jayraytee
                          Career Member
                          • May 27, 2011

They are heavy, thick plastic. Heavier than a mego body. For posability and sturdiness so far they are my favorite. Plus I believe they intend on making other chests and parts to adapt the body into other versions.
                          My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

Good, except for the hips. For some things I do, I'd need to be able to pull that apart so I could paint and protect that part of the joint. I may sample one sometime, though. A Superman who can do the hands on hips classic pose would be nice...

Comment

• Vinny0026
                              Year Five!!
                              • Jan 26, 2012

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12876[/ATTACH]

And because the torso screws apart, you can pop the upper arms out at the shoulder as well.

I guess the other question is how they stack up against a Mego body. I cannot answer that.
                              These are by far the best bodies to do any custom figures on - hands down the best body out there - they are solid - and very well made and they can really hold up for play.
                              My kids just turned 5 - tend to play ruff with the figures. But no problems with the type S holding up. If something pops off - i just pop it back on.
                              "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎