X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

NECA POTA Gorilla Soldier 8" Cloth

Buy Planet of the Apes Classic Gorilla Soldier 8-Inch Retro Action Figure at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Great figure.
    I hope they do different head sculpts, so we can get several soldiers, each with an individual look.
    This one has a slightly cartoon-like look, but I love it.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I was kinda on the fence with these. Now I might go for it.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Agreed...

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
        I hope they do different head sculpts, so we can get several soldiers, each with an individual look.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Wow! That figure got my attention. I wasn't blown away with Taylor but I am digging this ape!
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

This line is going to blow everything out of the water so far in 8". I still havent bought into the horror line, but Im certainly getting there, seeing the product from Neca. Mindu this ape seems to be missing something, no?

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

No bandolier? An omission for the photo I hope and not a mistake with the actual figure.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

He just forgot to put it on for the photoshoot.
                Some of these monkeys have very short attention spans...
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Nice figure--and a sweet rifle accessory, too.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• piecemaker
                    There's no need to fear..
                    • Jan 26, 2009

Originally posted by phil
                    No bandolier?
                    That's what I was wondering too. Looking at their site I did see pics with the 7" Soldier Apes, one had the bandolier and one didn't.

That is S.E. "standard equipment" for any and all Soldier Apes in my opinion. I am hoping it is just an early photo and they come fully equipped.

@ Gorn Captain: They did have two different head sculpts on the 7" apes so I would think and hope they do that with the 8" too.

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

It seems to me that Neca (both as fans and toymakers) is being very respectful of the POTA license, honoring the design features and mythos of the classic characters while applying their modern studio stylings. They are also bringing an added kick to the new movies by creating a pretty cool cross-over collector line. They also seem to be committed to working in at least two scales, which to me as Apefiend is really impressive in the wake of Medicom, HT and SS.

Having never owned Neca product pre-2014, I'm more than willing to go on their Ape City thrill ride whereas I'd be far more critical if perhaps another company was controlling this license. They do good work, share the creative process and seek feedback, yet to produce any junk in this effort… and oh, they actually enjoy and want to share the ridiculous fun of making cool toys for a living with the rest of us.
                      Last edited by Confessional; Oct 4, '14, 12:05 PM. Reason: … perspective nuances

Comment

• piecemaker
                        • Jan 26, 2009

They need to bring on General Ursus, Nova, Julius and any other 8" figures from Classic POTA they want to make. I am ready, willing and waiting.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

We'll probably see Cornelius or Zaius next.
                          I'd say that they will echo their first batch of 7" figures, which also had a soldier ape, then continue with Corny and Zaius.
                          You can only hope they'll also do a Soldier Two-pack, one with the rifle, the other with the grabbing stick.

Even though I really like the 7" figures, I'm glad I waited for these!

Comment

• piecemaker
                            • Jan 26, 2009

You're probably right but Taylor was a total surprise so I am hoping, looking for some more early surprises.

Sounds like a great idea, I would be all in on the Soldier Ape Two-pack.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 16, 2014

These are great looking figures, I hope these do well!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎