Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikc
    • Sep 30, 2014

Horse/Cow Hybrid Rid Around Toy?

Picked this up at a garage sale, having a difficult time finding anything like it.

The story the guy gave me it was his mothers (guessing 1960s/70s era) who had one like it as an infant, and found this one at another garage sale.

There is no tags, no stamps. It is a cloth covering foam, I believe. The head is made of rubber and appears to have been hand stitched with a machine. The casters are a clear plastic with metal holding them together. Any ideas?

Thanks for lookin.

• monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Looks homemade.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

I was thinking this was from the 50's-60's when I seen it, the head at least.

The body looks homemade to me too.

There is one on Ebay that the seller is stating is from the 40's but no maker's brand on it either.

This is the pic from the Ebay horse, it is missing the casters,(too) but it does have a more professionally manufactured look to it as far as the "body" framework.

The one on Ebay looks original to me but i'm no expert. One thing for sure is it's a weird looking little Horse/Cow Hybrid toy.
      [img]http://piecemaker.smugmug.com/photos/i-gkGV6Wn/0/L/i-gkGV6Wn-L.jpg[/img]

Comment

• nikc
        • Sep 30, 2014

Originally posted by piecemaker
        I was thinking this was from the 50's-60's when I seen it, the head at least.

The body looks homemade to me too.

There is one on Ebay that the seller is stating is from the 40's but no maker's brand on it either.

This is the pic from the Ebay horse, it is missing the casters,(too) but it does have a more professionally manufactured look to it as far as the "body" framework.

The one on Ebay looks original to me but i'm no expert. One thing for sure is it's a weird looking little Horse/Cow Hybrid toy.
        Jeez, I looked forever on ebay. There was just so many horse riding toys. Anyway yeah it looks like the same thing, just different colors. The "fur" on mine is really beat, which is why it looks blotchy. Just doesn't seem old enough to be 40s, but who knows. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

• piecemaker
          There's no need to fear..
          • Jan 26, 2009

I searched for "vintage ride on horse" and got lucky with those search words and the fact that there was even one like it listed.

There was only 130 items listed under those search words and it's on page 2 if you haven't already looked at the listing.

Comment

• nikc
            • Sep 30, 2014

Originally posted by piecemaker
            I searched for "vintage ride on horse" and got lucky with those search words and the fact that there was even one like it listed.

There was only 130 items listed under those search words and it's on page 2 if you haven't already looked at the listing.
            I did, thanks. Think I'm going to take it to an antique show I'm doing in a couple weeks with a price tag similar to that one on ebay and see what happens. If nothing else it'll be a conversation piece, ha.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎