Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captcarl74
    • Feb 28, 2014

Need figure ID help

This figure came in a recent GIJOE lot I picked up, and I can't ID him. He appears to be a kid. I've included the Mego-sized accessories that came with him: the ski poles are metal and very sharp! Thanks!

• kinostadt
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 14, 2004

At first glance I thought it to be a Durham Kung Fu head put on a Mego T1 body. But I'm not sure of the Durham Kung Fu scale, and the paint and neck would have to have been altered. Does the neck look customized or factory to you?

Comment

• kinostadt
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 14, 2004

The ski poles look like they go to Madelman in 6" scale.

Comment

• captcarl74
        • Feb 28, 2014

The neck is quite odd, being a very soft different-colored plastic. That's the reason I included the side shot that shows it.

I finally worked up the courage to pop the head off, and the discoloration does not go down to the flair on the neck post: it is the same color as his face. The post is also the same size as a Mego head, so if it is not Mego it comes from a body with the same size neck hole.

I did some gentle tugging, and the head and neck seem to be one, and not fused together. The head plastic is also very soft: softer than most Mego heads I'm familiar with. The hair and face paint also looks to be factory-painted on, not a custom home job.

Thanks for the Madelman tip! The pick and shovel definitely come from the Madelman Mountain Troops figure. I also found the poles are from a Polar Expedition figure. Are you aware of a good Madelman website with pictures of all the figures and accessories? I was not able to find a good one after a short search: just eBay stuff. No luck on the head. It is quite different than the Madelman ones I viewed.

Comment

• RobTMego
          Career Member
          • Mar 15, 2013

I think it is either Durham Kung fu or the fireman/ hunter all used about the same head http://www.megolike.com/durham.htm

Fireman looks to be dead on http://www.megolike.com/images/durha...emandurham.jpg

Comment

• kinostadt
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 14, 2004

RobTMego, great call on the Durham Fireman. That's definitely a match.

Comment

• captcarl74
              • Feb 28, 2014

I agree! The fireman (and the 5" Safari Hunter) are definitely this head! Good catch, and thanks to all!

After seeing the Safari Hunter line, the figures reminded me of Johnny Quest and Hadji. Hmmmm...if you paint the hair blonde on my guy, he would make a great Johnny!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎