Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some recent modifications to the ride . . . .

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Some recent modifications to the ride . . . .

I just completed a few cosmetic, mostly small details to the ride. Chrome trim here and there, the Chrysler Pentestar, and some MOPAR door projector lights,

The big deal was some additonal HP, everyone loves some of that, right? Added long tube headers, put a new cam in, deleted the cats and added a 180 degree stat. My last dyno numbers were 336hp/363tq . . . . . I am now at 412hp/395tq . . . . at the wheels. super happy with these gains!

DYNO VIDEO

Last edited by megojim; Sep 30, '14, 5:06 PM.
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Nice. What modifications did you have to do to get it to 412?

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

long tube Headers, new Cam, deleted the cats and a custom tune
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• FETT1
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 4, 2012

..AWESOME CAR...being a STANG fan most of my life ,I can truly say this car is the BEST representation of any vintage / old lOoK car !!
        very nice !
        if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

That's a whole lot of HP, be careful, lol.

Super sweet ride, I'm also Stang guy, but I appreciate that classic retro Mopar look on those new Challengers.
          sigpic

Comment

• skid14
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 23, 2011

maybe we need to bump that thing off with my old wore out Cobra!! she is looking good though, is that a vinyl top?

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

Hector, weren't you putting a new motor in your car? how's that going?
              yes, that is a vinyl top
              My Custom Figures

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by megojim
                Hector, weren't you putting a new motor in your car? how's that going?
                yes, that is a vinyl top
                Yes, it has just been installed, a freshly rebuilt and modified 302 (now technically converted to a 306) from a 1995 Mustang (with lots of high performance goodies such as racing aluminum heads, double barrel carburetor, HiPo manifolds, and such), had to upgrade the transmission too, from my old C4 to a rebuilt 1993 AO tranny. It looks beautiful, engine and tranny all painted in Ford Blue to match. But still at the shop, it still needs a few things, and the engine shop manager says they will dyno the sucker soon...they estimate around 330 hp...for my 1964 1/2, that's a lot of horse power. After that...I'll install a brand new A/C system by Classic Auto Air...will swap steering pumps too, from the old Eaton it has now, to a much newer and improved Ford Thompson steering pump.

I almost went EFI, but decided against it...I dig the carb, plus no smog check ever needed for my oldie...and it saved me a couple of thousand...that allowed me to get a new A/C system instead, lol.

After that's done...painting the car will be the last thing...the car has already gone through complete body restoration, not a single drop of rust left (it's a California car, it had very little rust to begin with, only the floor panels and the cowl vent had some rust, but that's been taken care of)...I can't wait, it has been years and thousands of dollars in the making, lol.
                Last edited by Hector; Oct 1, '14, 2:15 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• megojim
                  Permanent Member
                  • Oct 13, 2001

Awesome stuff bro, love the old stangs'! please post some pics upon completion
                  My Custom Figures

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Sure will!
                    sigpic

Comment

• megojim
                      Permanent Member
                      • Oct 13, 2001

I finally shot a little video of the idle:

My Custom Figures

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

She's got a mean, yet sexy rumble...sounds awesome and mean.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎