• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by invisiblelad
    Thanks 4 your honest input. It just goes to show you:

1.) it isn't just 3-4 of us constantly complaining about FTC's QC of their products, it's also people who haven't previously posted on the matter at all before.
    -------&---------------
    2.) You represent someone who WILL NO LONGER Be a Customer spending $$$ Money on FTC re-Megos due to their poor QC, despite how much you were excited to BUY all their new Products. It shows you are a formerly SUPER EXCITED CUSTOMER giving FTC/CTVT the benefit of the doubt (even after being burnt by their previous lines QC problems that caused you to seize buying before)....& after buying multiple NEW FTC products, you are now done.

***How many customers of FTC's NEW re-megos would never take the time to come & post on the megomuseum or Facebook & WILL ALSO STOP BUYING ANY FTC Products due to the QC issues that have already built up in less than a year???????
    Considering the Cheap, Dollar store, feather weight bodies FTC uses...If it wasn't for the Type S body to swap on,I wouldn't be buying any of these.I am definitely going to be buying less in the future.I am dreading getting my Conan's this month considering how CHEAP he will be and HOPING that his Head skin tone is going to match the Type S body color considering Conan is mostly naked.I'll also continue buying the '66 Batman,but anything else is going to have to blow me away for their overpriced Dollar Store Mego wanna-be's

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

And now, credit where credit is due: Props to FTC for using the gloved hand mold from the Batman 66 Riddler and Penquin on Green Arrow instead of just green hands. Also noticed on Aquaman that the hands are a softer plastic that bend some. Way better than the old brittle ones that cracked if you sneezed on them. Nice touch! Change approved

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I love those gloved hands, & the many colors they come in. I want to use blue ones on my The Spirit kitbash.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

And one last rant for the day. Not sure what changed at the factory but the Superman that I got as part of the 1st wave has a FAR SUPERIOR paint job (face and hair) than the one in the two pack with Shazam. Two-pack Sups looks just wonky. Hair paint down on the face in one place and one eye higher than the other. The head looks narrower and, overall, cheaper. Again FTC, please look into your quality control!

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

AYFTC!!!

all the super heroes you sent me were perfect!
            keep making more!

AYFTC!!!!

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
              And one last rant for the day. Not sure what changed at the factory but the Superman that I got as part of the 1st wave has a FAR SUPERIOR paint job (face and hair) than the one in the two pack with Shazam. Two-pack Sups looks just wonky. Hair paint down on the face in one place and one eye higher than the other. The head looks narrower and, overall, cheaper. Again FTC, please look into your quality control!
              I know it gets lost in the complaints about super tight bodies, wrongly assembled female bodies & big head complaints, but I have benn commenting here for months that the QC on the painted heads is a mess since I got mt Wave 2 Batman Retro wave. My two CATWOMA FTC figs would be purrrfect IF they didn't have mismatched pupil sizes & off centered lazy eyes. Both my Catwomen have 1 really big dilated pupil & one constricted pupil, evident of a concussion & both have varying degrees of lazy eyes.

My Batgirls hace crappy QC in the face paint two in varying degrees on all 3 of them. I have one where she has the worse eyes I ever seen painted.

Then all Aqualads I own & some supermans I've seen pics of have the wonky misplaced eyes.........

*FTC: I go look at hundreds of Mego pics in varying conditions for sale on the net, & MEGO Vintage WGSH don't seem to have the may inconsistencies in the Painted faces/hair as your do. Call CHINA & get your factories workers to care, throw them a little raise or something (or use fear lol) & get them to be a little more consistent. That being said, MOST of my male FTC WGSH's have good paint jobs! The costumes look Great so far! Mostly, FTC you do a good job, but those male bodies are very very light 7 are smaller than megos. The female bodies need to be less tight, My wonder Woman (Women0 can't keep their legs closed! Literally LOL.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

I just realized. No Batman/Superman 2 pack? What?

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

I just realized. No Batman/Superman 2 pack? What?
                  They mentioned on FB there was a license restriction that kept them from doing a World's Finest 2 pack.

Comment

• j.chris.beynon
                    • Sep 27, 2014

I received my RC Batman/RM Robin 2 pack last week...it looks like the factory was rushing these out the door and they were letting their standards drop in order to meet demand...the figures weren't wired to the package and they seemed to have gotten quite jostled in transit; there were floppy arms and loose joints on both figures and the bodies have a twisted, polio-like posture to them; Batman's cowl was too tight and won't sit all the way down on his head; conversely, Robin's mask was too loose and won't stay over his eyes; the back of Robin's head was stuck to the package from what I assume is black touch up paint that left a black hair print on the plastic when I removed him from the clamshell; Batman's insignia was off center and slightly crooked; both figures' costumes and Robin's mask had loose threads; Batman's vinyl cape was (permanently?) crumpled and creased and Robin's cape seems to have come from the factory pre-frayed; the clamshell was pretty heavily scuffed up and it looked like someone had started to try and peel off the corner of the limited edition sticker...
                    On the plus side of things, the paint on their faces was pretty much perfect.
                    Did anyone notice that in the illustration on the packaging for the RC Batman/RM Robin combo, it looks like Batman has his hand on Robin's bum and he's staring right at Robin's crotch?...I don't imagine it was intentional but the laughter it gave me eased the sting of the poor quality control on the figures.

Comment

• Astronut
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 21, 2010

Man, that sucks. You should ask for an exchange.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

I ordered a 66 Batman and Robin 2 pack for a Christmas present for a friend. There were no twist ties used and both had a hand in the bottom of the package. They looked like on the way here they had acted out every homo-erotic Batman and Robin fantasy ever devised.

I was not pleased.

AND the FTC zip tie was so tight I had to really work to get into the package to fix any of it.

Just a warning that in this latest batch of 2 packs at least, quality control was thrown out of the window. Do NOT have them shipped to anyone as a gift unless you can stage them a bit first on your own. I would have been really embarrassed if anyone, collector or child, had opened this without it being fixed first.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                          i ordered a 66 batman and robin 2 pack for a christmas present for a friend. They looked like on the way here they had acted out every homo-erotic batman and robin fantasy ever devised.
                          hahahahahahaha!!

Comment

• scott metzger
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 9, 2007

I noticed the same. The two pack heads were almost squashed, and the eyes were definitely off. Big problem with the Supes wave is the bobble-head fit, but the paint job is much better.

Comment

• j.chris.beynon
                              • Sep 27, 2014

Originally posted by Astronut
                              Man, that sucks. You should ask for an exchange.
                              I thought about asking for an exchange...I even wrote an incredibly bad review of the figures on FTC's Facebook page but I deleted it the next day because I don't want to kick a small company when they're apparently down...

Judging by the other comments I've read here and elsewhere about the quality of this wave of 2 packs, it looks like the whole run (or at least a large part of it) has serious QC issues...

Also, the fact that they billed people's cards a month before the figures shipped and didn't email customers to explain is the act of a company that needed to pay the bills at the end of August to keep the doors open in order to fulfill customers' orders...it's my experience that non-communication is another common trait of businesses in trouble...

I feel like I'm entitled to be a bit mad about the quality of the figures I received because, after shipping to Canada, I paid more than $100USD for them...at the same time, I really like that there's a company making reproductions of the figures I love and I don't want to do anything to stand in the way of them being able to make more figures that I would have killed for when I was 8 years old...
                              Last edited by j.chris.beynon; Oct 9, '14, 4:18 PM.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 4, 2011

Got my Batgirl/Supergirl and Superman/Supergirl 2 packs today. Gloves and shoes all over the place. Messy hair and of course the neck issue that they gals tend to have. Took me almost an hour to get everything looking the way it should. Aside from the really bad head on Superman, they at least look good now. Does anyone know if the Clark heads that are sold separately on the CTVT site are any better than the ones coming in the 2 packs?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎