Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Didn't they announce at one time or another, that they would be releasing a Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson removable cowl and mask version?

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Ivaniski
      Didn't they announce at one time or another, that they would be releasing a Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson removable cowl and mask version?
      Yes, those figures have been announced for the 66 line.

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by invisiblelad
        I'll buy multiples of ALL of them! I would even buy a Season 3 GREEN CAT-CAR that she "abducted" Joker right as he was released from Gotham's BIG HOUSE!
        That cat car just screams Mego to me; it's exactly the kind of vehicle they would have made back in the day.

Comment

• invisiblelad
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
          That cat car just screams Mego to me; it's exactly the kind of vehicle they would have made back in the day.
          Could't agree more, they already sell a bag of 4 CATS on the CTVT site, so they can throw one of those cats in so we can leash it up & put it in the CATASTIC GREEN CAT CAR! I'd take a Filmation Cat car /7 Joker car too, if they don't do the Jokermobile that is!

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by Ivaniski
            Glad you're happy with this set.
            I was thinking about picking up this Wave 2 Batman set. However, can you tell me...How are the head sizes of Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson; are they Too big or just right? On FTC facebook they look a little too big. Any pics!
            The heads are OK. They are a little large like the first wave, but just a little. Not nearly as out of whack like Alfred. If you did not mind the first wave, I doubt you would have a problem with these.

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by madmarva
              The heads are OK. They are a little large like the first wave, but just a little. Not nearly as out of whack like Alfred. If you did not mind the first wave, I doubt you would have a problem with these.
              Hey Madmarva, thanks for the "HEADS" up on the Bruce & Dick head! *---- (Bet The______'s ears are ringing now! LOL!).
              '"
              Seriously though, I was wondering if the FTC pics of their x2 "66" SI were all taken at side angles for a reason? If so I think their FB & FTC/CTVT sites' pics backfired.....as I think the Bruce & Dick heads look very BIG in those profile shots. *Now seeing pics from you megomuseum members here of "66" Bruce & Dick looking straight forward & posed w/ other FTC 1966 figs, I think they look totally acceptable size wise. IOW, yes I think the Dick & Bruce heads look bigger than I'd like scale wise, but it's NOWHERE near a deal breaker as they look WAY better & easily acceptable to me scale wise.

??? *Here's my question to you guys, my WISE sages here at the megomuseum:

*Do you think these slightly BIG FTC 1966 BRUCE Wayne & DICK Grayson HEADS will look even close to inscale w/ their fellow figures once FTC throws a REMOVABLE COWL on BRUCE's Head & a *removable mask on Dicky Grayson???? *(FTC: please better quality than FTC WGH RM Robin)

I'm especially wondering how adding a bulky removable COWL on that "66" BRUCE Head is going to look! I base this on FTC's WGH S.I. Bruce's head being noticeably SMALLER than Dicks (or anyone else's head). That's when I realized that it was to accommodate the added bulk to his head when the RC Bats was to be released & it made perfect sense. (Although I pretend if I was running things I'd have 2 sized Bruce heads, one small for the RC Batman & 1 sized bigger like Clark K.'s/Dicky G.'s heads! I know unreasonable expectation lol!)

So to those megomuseum members that have FTC Batman 66 wave 2 Bruce & Dick, or those just guessing based on Pics:
              *Do you think RC & RM Bruce & Dick would look right if they use the exact same heads for those releases?

*Bonus points to anyone who can post pics of FTC: WGH BRUCE/RC Bats unmasked -&/or- Dick Grayson/unmasked RM Robin - SIDE BY SIDE w/ the Batman 66 S.I.'s. I'd love to see pics of their heads side by side to see if they look similar in scale. Thanks for any opinions/input/pics you guys may share w/ me & everyone here! - invisiblelad
              Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 2, '14, 1:35 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                Yes, those figures have been announced for the 66 line.
                which I still don't get outside of making more variants. They never appeared unmasked on the show.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  which I still don't get outside of making more variants. They never appeared unmasked on the show.
                  Mattel is doing the same thing with a deluxe 1966 Batman and swappable Adam West head.

Odd and inaccurate to the show, but I'll get FTC and Mattel's Adam "Batman" West offerings.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

The Mask for Bats will make for a nice bit in a Villains accessory pack if cast in pink, and for the inevitable Alfred disguised as Batman variant. If the Robin mask is done right there could be another use for it with the Riddler and in the villain pack again in various colors as seen in the movie
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego Milk
                      Custom Mego Maker
                      • Jun 3, 2007

That awesome, WGSH!!!
                      I got mine today also!
                      They are fantastic!

A W
                      Y E A H
                      F T C !!

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                        That awesome, WGSH!!!
                        I got mine today also!
                        They are fantastic!

A W
                        Y E A H
                        F T C !!
                        Congrats MegoMilk! I can't wait to get mine!

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                          *Do you think these slightly BIG FTC 1966 BRUCE Wayne & DICK Grayson HEADS will look even close to inscale w/ their fellow figures once FTC throws a REMOVABLE COWL on BRUCE's Head & a *removable mask on Dicky Grayson???? *(FTC: please better quality than FTC WGH RM Robin)
                          THat's actually a good question. The heads on the '66 figures are a little on the big side, but only by a bit. It mitigates the problem to a great extent that they are, at least, in scale with each other, so you don't get the dissonant look of putting normal headed comic Bruce next to macroencaphalic comic Alfred. But I can see a big problem with a removable mask Bruce. His head is on the upper end of the size range for the figures, and adding the extra bulk of the mask is going to make him look Alfred bad. It might be okay if he's standing there holding the mask in his arm, but on his head is going to be a real disaster. Given the obvious logistical problems and the fact that, as others have pointed out, the two never appeared in costume without the masks, it's likely a set of variants that they should have passed on.

As for the second wave, I just got them.
                          Bruce: While not a dead on likeness, I can easily see Adam West in the sculpt. THe way the eyes and brows are painted are especially West-ish. The head is, as noted, ont he upper end of the scale, but only by a tad, so he looks fine with the rest of the figures.

Dick: Ward's head is one of those without any real. easily identified distinguishing characteristics, sort of like William Shatner, so both he and Captain Kirk seem somewhat hard to capture in plastic. It's not a bad sculpt, and it looks something like Ward; the parts are all there, it's just something is missing in the way they come together. Still, put him next to Bruce and there's no mistaking who he is. The collar is a little funky, not quite up to what we've seen thus far from this particular line, but it's not bad.

Eggsky: I definitely see a lot of Vincent Price in the sculpt, not just the details, but the expression. It doesn't just look like Price, it FEELS like him. It is a bit too big compared even to the other heads, but the inherent odd proportions of his bulbous noggin help minimize that problem. He looks okay along with the otheres, and the costume is very well done, so no big problems with him. And it is sooo good to be getting one of the show-only characters so early in the line.

Pengy: Really, really good head sculpt, as good as Eggsky's. No mistaking Burgess Meredith in it; he's definitely there in all his "wakking" glory. The hat is a little ill fitting and big, but you can find a good sweet spot where it looks alright. The costume is excellent; all the details are captured. One of the best figures they've done yet.

Really only minor issues here; I'd definitely count this wave as a big success. Now bring on Tut-Tut!
                          Last edited by scott metzger; Oct 4, '14, 1:31 PM.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
                            THat's actually a good question. The heads on the '66 figures are a little on the big side, but only by a bit. It mitigates the problem to a great extent that they are, at least, in scale with each other, so you don't get the dissonant look of putting normal headed comic Bruce next to macroencaphalic comic Alfred. But I can see a big problem with a removable mask Bruce. His head is on the upper end of the size range for the figures, and adding the extra bulk of the mask is going to make him look Alfred bad. It might be okay if he's standing there holding the mask in his arm, but on his head is going to be a real disaster. Given the obvious logistical problems and the fact that, as others have pointed out, the two never appeared in costume without the masks, it's likely a set of variants that they should have passed on.
                            The mask for RM Robin is terrible. They need to look at what MIB did in taking the generic black mask CTTV sells and trimming it down to fit Robin. Looks MUCH better than the one they sold with Robin.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

Scott Metz, I saved over $200 buying tons of FTC DC & Batman 66 waves (all multiples of each) from EE instead of FTC/CTVT. Literally $200+ in FREE S/H + doing all separate of x2 equally priced FTC Wave orders during the BOGO 40% OFF sale.

But here's the problem as I see it: FTC has put BATMAN & ROBIN (or S.I.'s or Variants) in EVERY SINGLE WAVE thus far. I have the feeling Batman "66" Wave three is going to be
                              1.) RC 66 Batman
                              2.) RM 66 Robin
                              3.) Villain (Mr. Freeze head was shown)
                              4.) Villain (Mad Hatter was shown - proto)

Both 3.) & 4.) will probably be Villains (FTC better not go Other CIVILIANS in the 66 line yet!), but if x2 of Batman 66 wave 3 is the RC & RM variants, I'm going to be mad, as I no longer will pay so much more for the same product from FTC/CTVT (don't care about the exclusives UNLESS they clearance somewhere), BUT EE always sells full cases or just Batma & Robin loose, I'll be sad if I don't get to BOTH benefit the megomuseum & EE by buying through them, due to the VILLIANS NOT being offered to them as a case.

Does Anybody here think '66' Wave 3 will be x4 all new 66 characters.....or are we destined to get MORE Maskless variants? I think FTC should sell (or lease out) the RC & RM 66 Batman & Robin personally. I want Freeze, Mad Hatter, Tut & Catwoman! Next wave I would want Batgirl, Kitt CATWOMAN, Shame & Bookworm.

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Watching an episode of the '66 show right now with Eggsky and Olga. Actually took the figure over by the set, and with Price right there big as life, I have to say they really nailed the likeness. Seeing him from different angles rather than just from a still shows just how good a job they did on the sculpt. Only bad part is it made the size problem seem a little worse, as he wasn't a small man, and they probably could have gotten away with undersizing the head just a tad. Still, what they got right overshadows the one thing they did wrong with Egghead.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎