X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Colouring Book Theatre: Star Trek color and activity book

The Amazing Spider-Man: "Star Trek Color and Activity book" by Merrigold Press
    If anybody has been reading the blog, you'll know I pretty much adore Star Trek coloring books, mostly because a) They're terrible and b) often hilarious (see this for more)

When I bought this book it seemed familiar but I swore I'd never done it, that isn't totally true. This reprinted book is the other half of the story of "Rescue at Rylo" which I have reviewed here and commented that it made no sense.

That's because Merrigold Press broke the story into two pieces when they recycled it for the launch of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Not a single kid probably cared, nor should, but I needed the closure.

Grab your crayons and still suit and join me after the jump

"Dr Rycho" is the lead villain here, the book opens with him already capturing Kirk (which is shown in Rescue at Rylo)

Spock will smack a smurf that disrespects him.

Yup, his minions are named "Motards" not to confused with "Moutarde" which is French for mustard. /funfact

This move is called the Rip Taylor.

It seems Rycho's plan is to drain Kirk's mojo to fix his Motards, these guys just start humping everything.

Shat-Power activate!

I close with this nice drawing of the crew, it's nice to see Uhura depicted as African American in this, so often she was drawn as a blonde and nobody at Paramount licensing would catch it....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

That pic of Spock looks like he's smashing a 12 inch Pulsar or something. LOL
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Dang, Bones, do something about those baggy, saggy eyes!

I think I have this with a different photo cover.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎