X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    That Catwoman pic is the perfect example of why it doesn't bother me to have Wonder Woman and Batgirl's neck sunk in. The neck on Catwoman is freakishly long. At least twice as long as it should be.
    I'll agree in that SPECIFIC pic of TRDouble's CATWOMAN's neck looks way longer than my couple FTC's CATWOMAN dolls! It might be the positioning, or it's a fluke where the factory didn't recess the necks base as it is supposed to be, but I just took some pics to share. Remember I have trained the FTC Catwoman's hair w/ a homemade clear band. This trains her hair to lay where it would during periods of Mego's Catwoman releases, framing her chin & resting just about shoulder length. That makes a HUGE difference, & I haven't rec'd 1 FTC Super Gals w/ even close to neat hair yet! I also seem to have the appropriately placed necks on my FTC Catwomen.

*Here are some quick shots I took at different angles, & some w/ me to show MY FTC Catwomen have Purrrfectly Purrrportioned necks!

4-MM-Oct.1-CW-1.jpg

4-MM-Oct.1-CW-2.jpg

4-MM-Oct.1-CW-3.jpg

4-MM-Oct.1-CW-4.jpg

Snapshot_20141001_1.JPG
    Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 1, '14, 7:04 PM.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

So I got a shipment of female bodies with heads today from FTC and started to wonder about some of the body issues. I have read some posts on here that the bands are too tight and that makes them hard to pose. One thought was that that waist "ball" was installed upside down. I flipped one and didn't see a difference at all in how she stands or poses but did notice something else. The original Mego female bodies didn't have all the small bumps all over where the waist section meets and the FTC figures do. I'm wondering if becuase the bands are so tight, when the upper section of the torso catches one of those bumps on the lower section, it tends to "pull" it out of pose. Is that making sense? I noticed the same thing with the legs and the neck. I may try to smooth one of the bodies down (remove all those bumps) and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Might make a difference, but i think the biggest thing is that the rubber band thing they use is pretty tough, it's not very stretchy. Might last a long time, but it drops the posability down a lot. It's very different than what mego used. Mego used one that was thin and made out of almost rubber band rubber, a little tougher than that, but close. The FTC one is thicker and much tougher, more like the rubber shoe soles are made from. It pulls the figure into a contorted pose, especially if you pop the neck outside the torso like it is supposed to be. That makes it even tighter.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by jayraytee
          Might make a difference, but i think the biggest thing is that the rubber band thing they use is pretty tough, it's not very stretchy. Might last a long time, but it drops the posability down a lot. It's very different than what mego used. Mego used one that was thin and made out of almost rubber band rubber, a little tougher than that, but close. The FTC one is thicker and much tougher, more like the rubber shoe soles are made from. It pulls the figure into a contorted pose, especially if you pop the neck outside the torso like it is supposed to be. That makes it even tighter.
          Yeah. Sanding down the ball joint in her abdomen did nothing to improve the body stance. Zip. You are correct in saying it is the band, which I knew was also part of the problem but more so than I thought. Oh well. Now, where's my elastic?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
            Yeah. Sanding down the ball joint in her abdomen did nothing to improve the body stance. Zip. You are correct in saying it is the band, which I knew was also part of the problem but more so than I thought. Oh well. Now, where's my elastic?
            Seattle Ed suggested shock-cord for restringing--I'm going to try that for future projects.

On the other hand, I've been saving up extra vintage female bodies.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2011

Ok, I was thinking about this, there are two posabilities as to what is going wrong with the famale body in concern with the the neck;

1: The rubber band from the head to the pelvis is too short/too tight and is pulling the neck into the body

2. The body is being manufactured incorrectly with the neck being put into the body.

If number 2 is correct, they would have to put the neck into the body before glueing the two halves of the torso together because when I took mine apart, I hoped the neck would fall out of the torso bottom hole and it won't because of the support poles inside the torso won't allow it. Meaning they couldn't glue the two halves of the torso together and then put the neck in and up through the body. So the neck would have to be sat into half the torso and then the other have glued on top of it. Seems unlikely.

I think number 1 is correct, because it seems as though they are using the same rubber band for the arms, the legs and the neck to pelvis. The distance for the neck and pelvis is much longer and on top of that they pull it up through the neck and peg it off there. There is massive tension when the neck is outside the body, causing the body to not even want to stand up fully straight. I theorize the neck pops into the body as the figure is being dressed and maneuvered, or when the head is pushed on. It does take a bit of force to get the head on, so that could be it. Since we have seen arms suck into their sockets and the torso sit down into the body too far on the male bodies, it could be that the neck hole is slightly too big and when they push the head on, the neck pops in. Either way it happens, the rubber band is still too tight.
              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

I actually took a closer look at my Batgirl figure, and sure enough, she has a too short neck.

I never noticed because the cape was in the way.

I'm of two minds; should I wait for a bandless body to come out and do a body swap, or get a female figure from FTC, and do a body swap?

Either way, that too short rubber band BUGS me!
                JediJaida

Comment

• invisiblelad
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ JediJaida, Thanks 4 checking your FTC Batgirl, when you posted she was fine I was SHOCKED as 3/4 or 75% of FTC's WGH SUPER GALS have incorrectly assembled necks/bodies & it really makes them look bad to me & my friends agree when they see them when compared to FTC's Catwoman. *FTC Catwoman's only QC probs are my MIB (all MIB FTC Catwoman) looks like she stuck her fork in a light socket/toaster & on BOTH mine have badly painted eyes/pupils, just like 2/3 of my FTC Batgirl dolls!)

I wish the FTC Super GALS looked as good (or close to as good) as the FTC MALE DC Superheroes! The male FTC Superheroes that are repros look pretty damn great. The FTC Super GALS, not so much in the final product, especially MIB.

*I HOPE FTC gets QC down to a science & we all win w/ the PRIZE being YEARS & YEARS worth of Mego-inspired DC & other property's figures!

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

^^^ i know what you mean ,it bugged me too,i had bought some made in china ftc female bodies and switched them all over,i switched three batgirls,three
                    supergirls and two sets of wonderwomens,they look great,most are back in their packages and display rather nice now. you could just pull out the
                    neck from the torso ,but they crack a bit,i had some ftc bodies from a set of cheerleaders i had made up,id rather have the supergals looking
                    nice.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by tllgn
                      ^^^ i know what you mean ,it bugged me too,i had bought some made in china ftc female bodies and switched them all over,i switched three batgirls,three
                      supergirls and two sets of wonderwomens,they look great,most are back in their packages and display rather nice now. you could just pull out the
                      neck from the torso ,but they crack a bit,i had some ftc bodies from a set of cheerleaders i had made up,id rather have the supergals looking
                      nice.
                      You see I want to do that, but have been putting off calling because, well....I want them FREE of Charge + FREE S/H. I'm a FIRM person when I want to be lol. My family & friends can't believe how I can flip a switch, I'm always the friendliest & most personable & nonjudgmental person the know (they tell me all the time that I'm also the funniest & CRAZIEST person they know too lol), then I can Flip that SWITCH & be a ***CH! Seriously, it gets so out of control it becomes entertainment. But I have to be pushed VERY verrry far to get me to go from: Kill them w/ Kindness, to well.....just Kill Them! LOL!

tllgn, I'd LOVE to see pics of your FTC Super Gals after replacing their bodies (I need 10 *' female just like you & 1 Teen female body!)
                      ****In the EMCE thread I asked if you take pics of your BBP BBT Bernie & Amy in BLUE Star Trek TOS dress uniforms, if you would post them. I'm DYING to see the actual product! Especially next to EMCE Trek crew/Lt. Uhura. I want to see if I can army build some Blue dress crew members & a Nurse Chapel from a Mego Ma Walton! I have 2 Red Shirts, 1 Yellow Shirt & 2 red "Dresses"-a Lt. Glenda & Yeoman Ma Walton. Hope to see your pics or someone's to see the BBP BBT uniforms compared to EMCE's TOS crew

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

Thank you ivisiblelad ,i dont have a good camera ,or know just how to post pics ,still got to learn .i just want to say that the big bang theory star trek
                        uniforms for the gals are very good ,better then emce Uhura (they really messed up on that collar}the gals uniform are a bit longer in the
                        skirt portion of the tunic which looks very good.the collar is not as good as mego,BBP uses velcro so i suppose you could adjust it,the rank looks
                        great on the girls & the emblem is detailed.no stockings,which i think would have completed a nice uniform ,better then the guys,they uses velcro
                        around the collar which again you can bring closer to the neck,their rank on 3 of the four guys are not stiched evenly,and look sloppy. You should
                        call FTC and see if they will send you some bodies ,after all the ones are faulty.take my word your supergals would look great.i wish i
                        could post the pics ,someone might soon,once i figure it out,and if nobody else does ill do it.sounds like your retro collection is much like mine.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 6, 2014

tllng, hey buddy thanks 4 your reply! I have no prob w/ you not postig pics at this time. This is because it took awhile for me to learn. /I had my S.O. who is literally a genious computer scientist working in cyber security, it was like teaching a toddler to ride a unicycle while reading latin....backwards! I found a much easier way now, I take pics w/ my laptops crappy cam, save them to my laptop, then BROWSE using the picture icon when posting. So I know how hard it is when you aren't a tech savvy person. I'm computer illiterate. Funny I've been w/ a computer scientist for 11 years who is an expert speaker across this country & even was chosen to speak in Switzerland. Or was it Sweden. I can't remember. I on the other hand am lucky to go to toy websites, youtube & abuse ebay outrageously. So if you get around to it great! If not It's no biggy!

tllgn, how do the female BBP BBT Star trek BLUE dresses look in comparison to EMCE's Bones & Spock blue crew shirts? Material the same? Do thy blend in? Would they stand out from Uhura's red dress or fit fine? I will get Dr. Mego female $6 bodies for my x2 Blue science female crew customs as well as my x2-3 Red Dresses too, I want them to match Emce Uhura's body except in color. I like the solidness of the Dr. Mego female legs & arms, just love that they are solid pvc & won't split or crack. But for continuity, I want FTC female bodies w/ Mego necks for my FTC WGH Super Gals for the same reason, so they fit in! I truly wish Dr. Mego or a NEW Type-S gets released that literally is slighty smaller, beig pretty much released along side their TYPE-S they have now, but to be used specifically for transferring over the costumes, heads, hands, accessories, of these slightly smaller FTC re-megos!. The FTC costumes on MOST of the repro WGSH + heads/accessories are GREAT! Just wish they completely overhaul their own body to something very strong sturdy! I wish it to just be as good as Mego's at least! Well let me know if you do post pics! Thanks Again!

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

Hello invisiblelad,i should have a friend like that,to teach me the ropes,i am kinda from the old school,but i am getting better ,i just got a
                            smart phone .about the Blue dresses,they seem to match up pretty well ,i didnt remove them girls Amy & Bernie from the packages though.
                            I also like the Dr mego female bodies ,Although a bit short,they are made quite well.I like the classic bodies better-mego,and i like
                            the fact that FTC reproduced it,although not as well,the neck in torso of the latest bodies being produced for the three supergals ,i think they
                            should make the body just like the original but use the solid pvs emce quality,that would be the best,in my opinion of course,thax

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎