X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • invisiblelad
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
    WOW! What a great step by step guide! I can't enlarge any of the pics, as it asks me to log into image shack, but I get the idea! Just one stringing like that lasts a long time? I wonder if this works if you play w/ you loose figures, my nephews have to be ultra gentle w/ FTC DC figures, so it isn't that much fun for them anymore. I wonder if restringing the bodies will not only fix the look (Yours looks GREAT restrung to look as FTC intended her to look), but will also stand refular play wear? Well THANK YOU SO MUCH for the demonstration! It's 1 more thing to consider! Great job!

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

My Batgirl, WW and Supergirl all had neck issues but on all of them, the neck popped right out where it should be with a little tug using vise grips. Only Batgirl's shoulder seam seperated but other than that, no damage to the necks and barely noticeable scratches. One one of the WW figures, I didn't need to even remove the head. Just gave her head a tug and done deal.

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by invisiblelad
        WOW! What a great step by step guide! I can't enlarge any of the pics, as it asks me to log into image shack, but I get the idea! Just one stringing like that lasts a long time? I wonder if this works if you play w/ you loose figures, my nephews have to be ultra gentle w/ FTC DC figures, so it isn't that much fun for them anymore. I wonder if restringing the bodies will not only fix the look (Yours looks GREAT restrung to look as FTC intended her to look), but will also stand refular play wear? Well THANK YOU SO MUCH for the demonstration! It's 1 more thing to consider! Great job!
        Mego used the elastic cord to string the mego Knights. I had an original set that I sold about a year ago that still had the elastic cord in it from the 70s.

I could enlarge the thumbnails.

The ball joint in mine, I set mine to the same as one original female mego body I had here, so that the larger hole was on the bottom. Not exactly sure which way is best.
        Last edited by jayraytee; Sep 28, '14, 11:42 PM.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
          That's great! Looks much better.

Curious... Some people have said that the torso ball joint in on backwards too. It looks like using your method to fix the neck, it would be easy to fix the ball joint too. Did your Batgirl have that problem?

My solution for Batgirl? Use a Doc Mego body. But I think I like the FTC female body better, neck issue aside.
          The trunk on the Doc Mego bodies is a bit...truncated. It would look oddly short with a bodysuit. Characters with a skirt would work well with it, though.

And, yes, the ball is upside down in the figures; in fixing one of the necks, I took the body apart, and found the flipped ab ball. That's a big part of why, with the very tight band, they are hard to get standing straight. If I'm not mistaken, the Mattel 8 inchers had the same problem (the males had a similar construction), which caused much the same posture issues. The band is very tight on the FTC ladies, much more so than the Megos, so I think the fix above will solve a lot of issues in the long run.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
            The trunk on the Doc Mego bodies is a bit...truncated. It would look oddly short with a bodysuit. Characters with a skirt would work well with it, though.

And, yes, the ball is upside down in the figures; in fixing one of the necks, I took the body apart, and found the flipped ab ball. That's a big part of why, with the very tight band, they are hard to get standing straight. If I'm not mistaken, the Mattel 8 inchers had the same problem (the males had a similar construction), which caused much the same posture issues. The band is very tight on the FTC ladies, much more so than the Megos, so I think the fix above will solve a lot of issues in the long run.
            I think the Batgirl I showed above looks fine on the Doc Mego body, but she is definitely shorter than the FTC female body. That's one of a couple of reasons I liked the FTC female body better, I don't think it's a big deal on Batgirl, but I waould rather have a tall Amazon in Wonder Woman instead of a one shorter than her JLA comrades.

I may rip apart my FTC Batgirl body this week. I am more curious about the ab-ball than the neck.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Hey TRDouble, those are Dr. mego yellow boots from his site? & that is your FTC Batgirl on Dr. Megos's $6 white 8" female body from his site? Those bodies are exactly the same as EMCE's mego Lt. Uhura, just in white correct? I'm wondering, does the FTC heads & clothes look as good as Batgirl's does on his bodies? Also, if you can, could you take a side by side of your fixed Batgirl on this body next to the other FTC heroes & Catwoman so I can see the height/body comparison? If FTC doesn't send me free female bodies I'll drop down to buying 1 of each female (and big headed males) & use Dr. Mego female bodies. Thanks for any consideration you give to taking and posting side-by-side shots!
              Yes, it is Dr. Mego yellow boots and $6 white female body. I believe it is the same as the Uhura body.

I will see if I can get a shot of my modded Batgirl, FTC Catwoman and one of the males for you tonight.

I would like to see the modded Batgirl next to Catwoman. I think there is a height difference with the sunk in neck, so I am curious how the height works with a proper FTC female figure. I have a feeling Batgirl will turn out looking too short.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

^^^TRDouble....THANK YOU for considering taking pics of your Dr.Mego bodied Batgirl w/ FTC Catwoman & a male (maybe Batman, Robi, Superman) & if you have FTC WW on her FTC body, her & your modded Batgirl might be interesting in a comparison pic! Thank You So Much TRDouble!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

^^^TRDouble....THANK YOU for considering taking pics of your Dr.Mego bodied Batgirl w/ FTC Catwoman & a male (maybe Batman, Robi, Superman) & if you have FTC WW on her FTC body, her & your modded Batgirl might be interesting in a comparison pic! Thank You So Much TRDouble!!!!!!!!!
                  Sorry; hectic night. I will take and post the pictures tomorrow.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    Sorry; hectic night. I will take and post the pictures tomorrow.
                    So TOTALLY get it! Thank You so much for even considering taking the pics, & to even let me know why you hadn't taken them yet! Just another example of the class act people on the megomuseum!

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Sorry; not the greatest pics. I was surprised that the Doc Mego female body is not as short as I anticipated compared to Catwoman. The hair really makes a true comparison tough though and these are the only females I own at the moment.

Last edited by TRDouble; Oct 1, '14, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 6, 2014

Thanks 4 the AWESOME comparison shots! I do see he torso difference now, but I kind of like the shorter body on Dr. Mego's female body, but the longer torso on the FTC body. Decisions, decisions! The FTC body does make the females look awfully tall though, but I don't like the short necks on 3/4 of the FTC bodies released w/ their Super Gals! I hope all of FTC's replacement bodies are still the Catwoman correct version!
                        Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 1, '14, 7:02 AM.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

No problem. And Catwoman is tall.

I think I will mix & match when I am forced to fix the female figures. I think Batgirl on a shorter body looks fine. Supergirl might look okay too. But Wonder Woman needs to be on a taller body.

I wonder how a mixing of the two bodies would turn out?

FTC or someone just needs to design a better female body. Maybe FTC has one in the works for the '66 Batman line and that is why we have not seen Batgirl yet.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

That Catwoman pic is the perfect example of why it doesn't bother me to have Wonder Woman and Batgirl's neck sunk in. The neck on Catwoman is freakishly long. At least twice as long as it should be.

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

The catwoman looks well proportioned since the companies have made the females long and thin, I would rather have the correct long neck with the long thin body than have the incorrect FTC long thin bodied no neck version. The Doc Mego body looks fine.
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• houseofdracula
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 11, 2011

I never owned any female figures when I was a kid so I don't have any nostalgic attachment to them.
                                With that being said, I think they look better with the necks hidden a little.
                                They look too Barbie with those long skinny necks.
                                Just my opinion.
                                The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
                                https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎