Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type "S" Bodies "Out of Stock"... Again!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Looking forward to those brown "S" bodies, thanks guys.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Teemu
      ... (the hair dryer is your friend )
      It sure is. I recommend the travel size in your arsenal but do not over extend use in one sitting since it will burn the coils out. Also proximity is your friend and it helps to blow with cold air to better control temperature.

Looking forward to the $L parts.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 12, 2014

Thanks guys! I will give it a try.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
          What did you dig it out? I tried a small pair of needlenose pliers. I was thinking about taking a very small drill bit to it.
          a dental tool I use for sculpting. The plastic is too brittle on the hand pegs. Luckily they give us extra hands.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Grimjohn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by ZICA

This shipment will have the brown bodies.
            Awesome! I know I will need at least four to six of them.
            My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              . . . The plastic is too brittle on the hand pegs. Luckily they give us extra hands.
              I think the issue has more to do with either ignoring the directions I include with the orders, or simply being impatient. I place a slip with instructions on how to handle the removable parts with each order that includes a body. In those instructions I mention using heat and specifically point out taking extra care when removing the hands. If you don't apply enough heat to the joints there's going to be a much higher risk of damage when removing the forearms, hands, and lower legs.

If this was a widespread problem caused by the plastic being too brittle I would have gotten several complaints by now, which I haven't. Close to 4000 of these bodies have been sold and the number of times this issue has been reported to me by a customer is still less than 10.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 12, 2014

I think the issue has more to do with either ignoring the directions I include with the orders, or simply being impatient. I place a slip with instructions on how to handle the removable parts with each order that includes a body. In those instructions I mention using heat and specifically point out taking extra care when removing the hands. If you don't apply enough heat to the joints there's going to be a much higher risk of damage when removing the forearms, hands, and lower legs.

If this was a widespread problem caused by the plastic being too brittle I would have gotten several complaints by now, which I haven't. Close to 4000 of these bodies have been sold and the number of times this issue has been reported to me by a customer is still less than 10.
                Just to clarify here, I wasnt complaining, I was just asking. I had no issues removing them, both of mine broke while I was installing them.

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
                  Just to clarify here, I wasnt complaining, I was just asking. I had no issues removing them, both of mine broke while I was installing them.
                  I didn't take your post as a complaint and my response wasn't directed at you. Dealing with complaints goes with the territory, and as a customer you have every right to do so. If you're having problems installing the hands I would highly recommend using heat again for that step as well.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I didn't receive any sort of instructions in any or my orders and I am a patient costomizer, and I've done enough customizing to know how to do these sort of things. Both of mine happened on the glow bodies and on the same side arm, too. the other side came out with ease. Have not had any problem with the flesh bodies. The glow plastic seems more brittle all around.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

I didn't receive any sort of instructions in any or my orders and I am a patient costomizer, and I've done enough customizing to know how to do these sort of things. Both of mine happened on the glow bodies and on the same side arm, too. the other side came out with ease. Have not had any problem with the flesh bodies. The glow plastic seems more brittle all around.
                      A powder is added to the plastic mixture for the glowing bodies so it's possible that this could cause durability issues.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

A powder is added to the plastic mixture for the glowing bodies so it's possible that this could cause durability issues.
                        yeah, that body feels different than the others. Any chance of monster hands for them? or are they a done line? I really like using them for monsters.

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

yeah, that body feels different than the others. Any chance of monster hands for them? or are they a done line? I really like using them for monsters.
                          Once the current stock of glow bodies is gone that's it, unless more are needed for a production figure at some point down the road.

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                            • Feb 27, 2014

I didn't receive any instructions with the Type S bodies I ordered and sure enough the first hand I tried to remove the wrist pin broke. I read here that you could just pop the hands out so that's what I tried to do and it broke. After that I figured out how to do it without breaking the pin.

Comment

• ZICA
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              I didn't receive any instructions with the Type S bodies I ordered and sure enough the first hand I tried to remove the wrist pin broke. I read here that you could just pop the hands out so that's what I tried to do and it broke. After that I figured out how to do it without breaking the pin.
                              The instructions are printed on a slip of paper that I typically tape to one of the white boxes that the bodies come in. If you didn't see the slip it may have come off and you tossed it with the packing material.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I'm waiting for some new heads for Yvonne to come in. As well as another run for her, maybe with a brown body this time.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎