Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I read somewhere that Spencer Tracy was asked to play the Penguin, but he said only if he could kill Batman,
    Christopher Lee would have been a great Ra's Ghoul, or how bout Elvis as the Minstrel.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I never heard that about Tracy, interesting. Mickey Rooney was considered for the Penguin, I'm so glad that didn't pan out.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Also for a Bane character for the times, I'm thinking James Arness (Gunsmoke) at 6'6" and in great shape,
        might have been interesting?

Comment

• Grimjohn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 28, 2011

Clint Walker could have been a good candidate for Bane, he was physically big and in great shape at that period in time.
          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

I did a mockup of William Shatner as Two-Face from his Star Trek appearance in "The Enemy Within"...he would have been awesome.

Shatner twoface.jpg

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

A few 60's tv staples need to get worked in too. Richard Keil, Ricardo Montalban, Sterling Halloway. Also, howabout Lyle Waggoner for Catman since he tried out for the Batman?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

And, my wheels are turning on Grundy and Clayface. The other component to this is how to fit them in with FTC's style. What would they do for Clayface? printed suit? textured fabric?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Ricardo Montalban, would make a very good villain, his voice alone, just not sure who he would have been, I also was thinking
                  Telly Savalas (Kojak) as Egg Head, and the very beautiful Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie) as Marcia Queen of Diamonds.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                    Ricardo Montalban, would make a very good villain, his voice alone, just not sure who he would have been, I also was thinking
                    Telly Savalas (Kojak) as Egg Head, and the very beautiful Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie) as Marcia Queen of Diamonds.
                    Maybe Ricardo would be a more attainable Ra's Al Ghul. I wouldn't recast ones that are already taken.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

So, I am thinking about Two Face and using the Mattel head for him. I already chucked the body and have put him on a FTC new body. Would he be pretty much straight from the comics? Most of the comic villains were, the did rework Catwoman.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

^ It's all about simplicity. He wouldn't have a scarred face in the traiditional sense. To use the Matty head, you need to sand off the bumps so he looks more like this...

...then paint in a normal pupil and tone the green to something more vivid, like shamrock or forest. Something like this...

Two-Face 66.jpg

I see white hair because it would really separate the two-halves of his face and be an easy daily application of a half-wig.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

the really tough part is matching the fleshtone used on the rest of the 66 line. I was going to paint the evil hair white already. I think I am going to do something a bit more outlandish for the evil side suit.

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            I was going to paint the evil hair white already.
                            Looks we're on the same page.

Yeah, the '66 suit would be nuts.

Not sure about the FTC skin tone. It almost has a translucent look. So a white primer base and then very light flesh tone layers?

Comment

• Rick Hodge
                              • Dec 8, 2012

Well, I might have a couple of unusual ideas here, if you want to consider. Using actual villains from the the time period of Batman'66:
                              Clayface 1(Basil Karlo), Ricardo Montalbon
                              Clayface 2 (Matt Hagen), Lloyd Bridges
                              Professor Milo, Moe Howard (Larry & Curly Joe could be his henchmen or experiments)
                              The Terrible Trio
                              The Fox, Pernell Roberts
                              The Shark, Dan Blocker
                              The Vulture, Michael Landon
                              Blockbuster, Dave Draper (60's bodybuilding champ, also appeared on "The Monkees", "Beverly Hillbillies")
                              Calendar Man, Tony Randall
                              Tweedledee & Tweedledum, Jonathan Winters (dual role) or add Jackie Gleason
                              Signalman (Blue Bowman), Ross Martin
                              Cluemaster, Jerry Lewis
                              Dr. Death, James Gregory
                              Deadshot, Robert Conrad
                              Cavalier, Guy Williams
                              Kite Man, Chuck Connors

Well anyway, that's just some ideas.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I was actually thinking the Stooges for the Terrible Trio, really like your use of James Gregory and Robert Conrad

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎