X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Batman 66 fantasy casting for 66 customs

so, I want to do extensions of the FTC 66 Bat-Line with characters that didn't appear on the show and who would possibly play them. The two I have sort of worked out:
    Grundy-Ted Cassidy duh
    Two Face either Eastwood as rumored or my personal choice SHATNER!!!
    still thinking about the following:
    Poison Ivy, Croc, Clayface, Gorilla Boss of Gotham City, and any others you guys wanna throw out there.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

TwoMorrow's Batcave companion fantasy-cast James Garner as Two-Face. I haven't been able to get past it since then. He's perfect. Although Shatner, with his real-life vanity would be even MORE perfect.

They also cast Ann Margaret as Poison Ivy.

Off the top of my head, howabout Bob Denver as the Scarecrow.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I got Don Knotts in the back of my head for Scarecrow, Denver is a good one, too.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Sinatra wanted to be on the show, as the Joker supposedly. I always wondered of Louie the Lilac was intended for him.

Comment

• Grimjohn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          They also cast Ann Margaret as Poison Ivy.
          Yes!!!
          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I love the idea (& irony) of Don Knotts as the Scarecrow.

He could have easily done the show--hadn't he left "Andy Griffith" in 65-66?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I love the idea (& irony) of Don Knotts as the Scarecrow.

He could have easily done the show--hadn't he left "Andy Griffith" in 65-66?
              yeah he was gone by the time color hit. Dick York would be another good one for Scarecrow.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

This is a great idea...so expect FTC to announce it as a future wave <cough>GWS<cough>

Anyways...they key is to find an actor whose playing to type, meaning something they're known for, but closer to parody

Gorilla Boss is easy...James "Ursus" Gregory aka Inspector Lugar on Barney Miller

Hugo Strange - Kenneth Mars

Clayface - Boris Karloff

Scarecrow - Jonathan Harris or Anthony Perkins

The Cavalier - Guy Williams, playing off his Zorro years

Poison Ivy - Raquel Welch. Just coming off of One Million BC and Fantastic Voyage and the only woman hotter than Julie Newmar at the time

Two-Face - Lee Marvin

Ra's Al Ghul - Peter Cushing

EDIT

Tweedledum & Tweedledee - Jackie Coogan

Patrick Troughton, the Second Dr Who, would have made a good Scarecrow or Ra's, also.
                Last edited by hedrap; Sep 26, '14, 3:55 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Egads, that is some great stuff. I was trying real hard to think of a spot for Jackie Coogan and I think you might have hit it. I wonder if it could have been him and Tor Johnson tho. absolutely love Cushing as Al Ghul, I was just going to suggest James Mason for that part.
                  Would Perkins, Marvin and Cushing play it dark against West's hammy Batman? Or would they play up the show's comedy too?

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                    • Aug 14, 2007

I was thinking Tor Johnson as Clayface. What about Harley Quinn? (I loves her.)

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

That's easy, Goldie Hawn. Yeah, Tor would be perfect for Clayface, too. Howabout Bane? Bruno Sammartino? Or go all out and get El Santo? Heck, Bruno could be Bane and El Santo could be the visiting hero ala Green Hornet. Just imagine him rolling up in his convertible to police headquarters instead of Batman.
                      Last edited by thunderbolt; Sep 26, '14, 4:34 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        That's easy, Goldie Hawn. Yeah, Tor would be perfect for Clayface, too. Howabout Bane? Bruno Sammartino? Or go all out and get El Santo? Heck, Bruno could be Bane and El Santo could be the visiting hero ala Green Hornet. Just imagine him rolling up in his convertible to police headquarters instead of Batman.
                        Definitely El Santo would have made a perfect Bane but Mil Mascaras was much taller.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I think that Christopher Lee would make a better Ra's than Peter Cushing. He just had that quality of being truly menacing, just with his voice; never mind his height.

Bob Denver as the Scarecrow? Much as I loved him as Gilligan, I don't think he had the ability to pull off that level of meanness.

Lee Marvin as Twoface? Okay, I can see that. He'd certainly would have fit the part better than Tommy Lee Jones.

Ann Margaret as Poison Ivy? Hmmmm...I haven't seen anything of hers in YEARS, so I'd have to go back and check. But it's a possibility.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            ^^^ Egads, that is some great stuff. I was trying real hard to think of a spot for Jackie Coogan and I think you might have hit it. I wonder if it could have been him and Tor Johnson tho. absolutely love Cushing as Al Ghul, I was just going to suggest James Mason for that part.
                            Would Perkins, Marvin and Cushing play it dark against West's hammy Batman? Or would they play up the show's comedy too?
                            Hey you said Cassidy as Grundy, something I never thought of and I'm a huge, huge Cassidy fan.

As for serious actors, I think of Cliff Robertson, Otto Preminger, people who took the roles because they wanted to do humor. So they would play it straight but since the approach is so camp it would come across as comedy.

I said Cushing, but it could also be Christopher Lee as the story would have been their version of Moriarty versus Sherlock.

Perkins and Marvin would have jumped at the chance.

Gentleman Ghost - Donald Pleasance

Spellbinder, first appearing in '66, would have been destined for the show.

Michael Ansara, my other fav along with Cassidy, could have played Ras or Two-Face easily. Or even Cat Man.

Mark Lenard would have made a good Maxie Zeus.

I'm guessing the Killer Croc design would have been the warted skin look with greenish hue, ala Freeze. That could be Tor.

Comment

• TomStrong
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2011

Christopher Lee as Ras would have brought the house down!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎