Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Received my Superman wave today. No complaints at all. Love them all! Thank you FTC!

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Boywonder0
      Received my Superman wave today. No complaints at all. Love them all! Thank you FTC!
      That's awesome! I like hearing that someone who has voiced legitimate (& common) complaits about some of FTC's previous releases, is not only reporting having NO complaints.....but also stating you LOVE them ALL! That makes me excited to get mine whenever EE gets their shipment & ships em to me! /the costumes I can say are AMAZING LOOKING! I think my only complaints will be minor for Supes (the black writing on his neck & cape...both minor), Supergirl's hair & costume (sleeves only) deviation from her Mego counterpart (both acceptable 2 me) & the NO-Neck body. For Bizarro his Head (Big & Super detailed), both acceptable on this particular character. For MXY I have ZERO, yes 0, complaints! I love him! I might try him on a child body, but LOVE him AS IS! So w/ that said, these reports of buyers being HAPPY w/ SUPER wave 1 makes me excited to get mine! So thanks you guys for getting my excitement levels back up! I can't believe how ThePlayer ruins my excitemet for these FTC DC offerings,....but then you guys get me back on track to excitement for FTC re-mego DC Fiesta!
      Last edited by invisiblelad; Sep 29, '14, 8:39 PM.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 24, 2009

I got mine today. My easy favorite is Mxy. The costume is great with the boots or booties is such a great touch. I personally would have liked to see a more comic accurate head, but this is a great compromise between the Mego version and comic version. I also love Supergirl, except for the neck problem. Superman is awesome and brings back some fond memories! Now Bizarro, I was not sure if I was going to get him, I have a custom that I like. Now that I have him, he may go to my girls. The head size is not what bugs me, it is the sculpt, it just really does not scream Bizarro to me. Oh, and his emblem is on off center which is not too bad considering who he is! Don't get me wrong, he is a really nice figure, it is just personal preference for me.

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

i also got my Superman series 1,and i think their great ,Supergirl is an easy fix for me, Mr Mxy is very nice,Bizzaro is really cool,wish i had him 40 years ago
          and Superman-fantastic ,cant wait for series two.i hope Lois Lane is a whole new sculpt,Wonder women Supergirl and Jane have the same sculpt ,i also
          hope they dont use the invisble girl head for it,i just want to see something new with her,and also hope Jimmy doesnt turn out to be a red haired aqualad.
          Great job though FTC.

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

^^^ Hey Megalomaniac & tllgn, thanks 4 your opinions on the SUPER wave 1, it truly gets me excited! I agree w/ megalomaniac on Bizarro! from the neck down he is FANTASTIC, but I do not like the Head is three ways; BIG head size, overly detailed, doesn't look Mego-like to me at all. I was hoping for mego-like updates on all NEW never released characters & more detailed (like later Megos) versions of the earliest Mego DC Big guns! But the other 3 look good to GREAT!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

It looks like the new sculpts going forward will be more detailed judging by Scarecrow and Al Ghul.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                It looks like the new sculpts going forward will be more detailed judging by Scarecrow and Al Ghul.
                I can understand why some think more detail isn't part of the 'Mego look', but a more cartoony and less detailed look to Ras would have totally killed the look of the figure. Glad they went with more detailed as it definitely works for both Ras and Scarecrow.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Someone in another thread a while ago brought up how detailed the Mr. Fantastic head is sculpted. Green Arrow has a nicely detailed head sculpt too. Some of the head sculpts were definitely more detailed than others.

Ras and Scarecrow might be a bit more detailed, but I don't think they are that far off of the Mego model either. I think Bizarro fits in with these pretty well too.

New versions of Batman and Superman will probably display better with some of the new characters FTC is making. I think people will find more of an issue with the missing Mego super heroes and how they fit with the "original" Batman, Superman, etc.

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    Someone in another thread a while ago brought up how detailed the Mr. Fantastic head is sculpted. Green Arrow has a nicely detailed head sculpt too. Some of the head sculpts were definitely more detailed than others.
                    Exactly. As time went on, Mego's sculpts got progressively better across all their lines. It's mainly the earliest figures that lacked some detail; look at thongs they did later, like even the Dukes, and you see some really fine details that companies today seem to have problems matching. The only thing beyond what Mego might have done with Bizarro appears to be the painted lines on the face. And while the prototype for Scarecrow's noggin is at the very high end of detail, I think the Ra's head is right on par with Mego's most detailed stuff (like Conan with his bared teeth).

Comment

• Iron Mego
                      Wake Up Heavy
                      • Jan 31, 2010

Thongs? What figures were those on!?!!
                      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Wasimhosen
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 23, 2011

The lucky ones
                        Originally posted by Iron Mego

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Iron Mego
                          Okay, I'm getting into scary images there...

Comment

• aquaboy
                            • Oct 3, 2014

I preordered only supergirl , It's in my pile of loot! May pick up Bizarro , love his necklace. I'm really really looking forward to Lois , jimmy and new version of Superman...

Comment

• invisiblelad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by aquaboy
                              I preordered only supergirl , It's in my pile of loot! May pick up Bizarro , love his necklace. I'm really really looking forward to Lois , jimmy and new version of Superman...
                              Not sure when the Super Friends SUPERMA is due out, but the only thing I'm wondering about in the proposed wave 2 of FTC SUPERMAN series is Superboy, I was never that crazy about him & have very little exposure to that version. It's just a little Superman right? Meaning a young Clark Superman, or is it CDonner? Color me confused as I was mostly (am predominantly) a DC Cartoon guy! Especially the classics Filmation & Super friends & then later TNAB 1998-1999, STAS 1997-98, then Justice League & Justice League Unlimited from 2000-2005. Just now starting some BTBATB. Nothing else floated my boat though after JLU.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm wondering about the inclusion of Superboy, too--I guess I was really hoping for a villain like Brainiac.

I love getting Lois & Jimmy, though.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎