• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    Put it on a Type S, then it will be fine
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Put it on a Type S, then it will be fine
      Gladly,but Zica didn't make a female body (yet) so I'm stuck with the FTC cheap plastic junk body...

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Once again the S Type body saves the day!!!!!!!!!!! Look what Superman CAN do!!!!

This how my Sups and Shazam two-pack arrived today...Now If I was not going to open these (especially as a MOC Collector).I WOULD BE ****ED!!! Figures were just thrown in the package and not even tied down...WOW! FTC really cares! at 59.99 they can keep their 2 packs for now on....Of course,My Superman had a Bobble Head on that piece of Sh*t body that they use.......The Type S body (once again) corrected that issue....FTC really should be ashamed of themselves charging the prices for what we get

100_6806.jpg100_6807.jpg100_6808.jpg
        Last edited by Teemu; Sep 27, '14, 3:09 PM.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

I just got my set the other day. Overall, I'm pleased. I am a bit bummed that they didn't do the correct sleeves on Supergirl, but other than that, thumbs up from me.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by megomania
            Then u got a different production run than I did. Her head is big.
            I just got the figure from the two-packs, and the head is identical in size to Wonder Woman, the generic CTVT female head, and the original Supergirl head. It's the same head as the WW and generic, just with different hair and a slightly different paint job.

Comment

• Slarivier
              • Sep 21, 2014

The heads on mine are also identical to WW's. I wish they had the side part, but not a deal-breaker for me in the way that the non-puffy (corner cutting) sleeves are. Ah well

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Slarivier
                The heads on mine are also identical to WW's. I wish they had the side part, but not a deal-breaker for me in the way that the non-puffy (corner cutting) sleeves are. Ah well
                I recognize your pic from FTC Facebook page, & I gotta say..,..... I LOVE YOUR QUESTIONS for FTC in the comments! I agree w/ your comments a LOT & every single one of your questions you ask FTC, I want to know the answers to!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                  • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Teemu
                  FTC really should be ashamed of themselves charging the prices for what we get
                  Why should they be ashamed? You're the one that bought it.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

Why should they be ashamed? You're the one that bought it.
                    They should be ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES for sending out a higher priced FTC exclusive that came w/ one figure not looking forward, one figure w/ his head turned around looking backwards & BOTH figures flopping around in their clamshell w/ nothing holding them in. These are SOLD as special exclusives that moslt people buy to keep MIB! This presentation couldn't of been worse unless the figures were naked on wave 1 bodies up-side-down in their exclusive packaging! Now add to this CUSTOMERS PAID for these items when CHARGED, shipping notices were sent out & the product hadn't even arrived at FTC yet, & didn't ship out for a couple weeks.

PLAYER WE ALL KNOW YOU LOVE FTC! WE GET IT you are UNDYINGLY LOYAL to FTC (except when they serve you crumpled wrinkled capes, a Riddler w/ a broken arm & Batman with a slightly lighter grey bodysuit)! But we PAY for our products, we want FTC to succeed, so we are passionate. If we complain, so what....it isn;t nearly as SAD as someone who obsessively complains about complainers, yet throws in his own complaints sporadically.

Comment

• jimsmegos
                      Mego Dork
                      • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                      They should be ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES for sending out a higher priced FTC exclusive that came w/ one figure not looking forward, one figure w/ his head turned around looking backwards & BOTH figures flopping around in their clamshell w/ nothing holding them in. These are SOLD as special exclusives that moslt people buy to keep MIB! This presentation couldn't of been worse unless the figures were naked on wave 1 bodies up-side-down in their exclusive packaging! Now add to this CUSTOMERS PAID for these items when CHARGED, shipping notices were sent out & the product hadn't even arrived at FTC yet, & didn't ship out for a couple weeks.

PLAYER WE ALL KNOW YOU LOVE FTC! WE GET IT you are UNDYINGLY LOYAL to FTC (except when they serve you crumpled wrinkled capes, a Riddler w/ a broken arm & Batman with a slightly lighter grey bodysuit)! But we PAY for our products, we want FTC to succeed, so we are passionate. If we complain, so what....it isn;t nearly as SAD as someone who obsessively complains about complainers, yet throws in his own complaints sporadically.
                      I have to agree on this one. When I saw some of the pics showing up on facebook I assumed that they had already been taken out of the packaging. This is a pretty big foobar on their part. The Supes / Shazam example here is one thing but the pics I saw of the Aquaman and Green Arrow set show real issues considering that GA's accessories were all over the place. I personally had no interest in these sets because the packaging and configuration looked clunky to me. But I do feel for the folks who probably got a bit burned on these.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Forgive my ignorance of the issue but didn't Mego themselves just "throw them in a package"? I don't recall any of the real mego's having twisty ties around their necks at the 8 inch scale. They all kind of flopped around inside the bubble. Maybe I'm missing a bigger issue here, but to me I won;t lose any sleep if my Bizarro arrives without being tied in. In fact, I think I'd prefer to pop it open and play without feeling like I'm slowly defusing a bomb first.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

This is an interesting take on it... I kind of agree with you, actually... only thing I would add is that these are more targeted at collectors and a lot of us want to keep them mint and unopened. That being the case, the figures should probably be secured and facing frontwards...? Just a thought. I do think you have a point though, Mego just tossed its figures into the boxes. ha
                          Last edited by Astronut; Sep 28, '14, 8:24 AM.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by Astronut
                            This is an interesting take on it... I kind of agree with you, actually... only thing I would add is that these are more targeted at collectors and a lot of us want to keep them mint and unopened. That being the case, the figures should probably be secured and facing frontwards...? Just a thought. I do think you have a point though, Mego just tossed its figures into the boxes. ha
                            The figures should be tied down. That's how FTC started selling them, and the Superman/Shazam 2-pack even had holes for the ties, they just forget them. It's definitely a QC issue.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jimsmegos
                              I have to agree on this one. When I saw some of the pics showing up on facebook I assumed that they had already been taken out of the packaging. This is a pretty big foobar on their part. The Supes / Shazam example here is one thing but the pics I saw of the Aquaman and Green Arrow set show real issues considering that GA's accessories were all over the place. I personally had no interest in these sets because the packaging and configuration looked clunky to me. But I do feel for the folks who probably got a bit burned on these.
                              First apologies Jim, this is more to invisblelad, and since I have him on ignore I don't see his posts anyway. First, the issue with the figures being loose, that's definitely a QC oversight. They just missed it. Sometimes it happens, but the point is if a customer continually finds problems with the products from a company then continues to buy those products, how do they expect to communicate to that company that they need to change anything? Believe it or not, the company looks at the bottom line, and if they see sales are continuing to increase, they they are far less likely to change anything.

If you guys want to be heard then stop buying their products. It could not be any simpler. By continuing to buy their products and then continuing to complain about them you aren't helping anyone. FTC doesn't hear you because they see sales are increasing, so you come here and complain about it to people here that don't want to hear it. We know what your problems are, we have them memorized, we don't need to hear them every single day from now on.

If you want to be heard, then when you get a product from FTC that you aren't satisfied with, then pick up the phone and call FTC and tell them about it. This is how most people handle such situations.

Complaining on Mego Museum isn't going to change anything. Actually changing your purchase behavior will.

Sorry Jim, again that wasn't in reply to you, you're actually one of my favorite posters here, wish you posted more often.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                                Persistent Member
                                • Mar 12, 2014

I know we are talking WGSH here but if Im not mistaken I have boxed Waltons and Oz figures with twisty ties. Im not taking sides here or anything, Im just putting it out there.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎