X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes

Anyone else collecting the figures or playing the game? At first I was only going to get the Guardians of the Galaxy set but when I saw them in person I couldn't resist and picked up a few more. Very appealing sculpts in a Disney animated style. The game is a lot of fun too. I'm having the most fun so far web shooting and wall crawling in the Spider-Man game. The game is anti-dark and edgy and reminds me why I used to really like these characters. I would have liked a playable female hero for the Spider-Man set though. There's Black Widow for Avengers and Gamora for Guardians but none for Spider-Man. Spider-Woman or Firestar would have been really cool.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I bet they make White Tiger (the female version) to tie into the Ultimate Spidey toon.

My kids are itching for this. Trying to hold them off for their birthdays which are in November. We all enjoy playing the original Infinity. Adding in the Marvels is just gravy. Delicious gravy!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      ^I bet they make White Tiger (the female version) to tie into the Ultimate Spidey toon.
      She is in the game as quest giver and there's a White Tiger Team Up Power Disc that allows the character to fight along side the other characters. But there is no actual figure of her and you can't play as her in the game.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• bgiles73
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 14, 2010

I have been enjoying flying around the New York sky as Thor or Iron Man. I really hope X-Men and The Fantastic Four get a shot at Infinity!

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by bgiles73
          I have been enjoying flying around the New York sky as Thor or Iron Man.
          Oh, cool.

I haven't gotten too far in the Avengers playset yet. But I did really enjoy playing as Captain America. His shield throw attack is awesome.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
            Banned
            • Aug 4, 2014

X-Men would be super sweet. With Infinity, I'm sure I'd get characters I actually care about.

Comment

• dee T.
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 25, 2012

I see these being a real HOT seller for Christmas time. I know my son and his cousins are itching to play with these on their game consoles. I just can't get into playing video games anymore, myself.
              Clothes make the doll

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

I've picked up everyone except Venom thus far. The Hulk will be released later. My family and I finished the Avengers campaign mostly. Kind of disappointing, the missions are very limited and now that it's almost over save for "Feats" it's going to take a long time to level up characters in their own playset. Seemed to me when I played the Incredibles or Lone Ranger, I got a lot more play value and missions out of it. This week I'll start the Guardians or Spidey playset.

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                  Banned
                  • Aug 4, 2014

I want Nova and the GotG.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Target has a sale on the individual figures, buy 2 get 1 free.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jacoblb
                      My family and I finished the Avengers campaign mostly. Kind of disappointing, the missions are very limited and now that it's almost over save for "Feats"
                      Have you unlocked Nova and Rocket for the Avengers? Once you unlock them for the playset they have some exclusive missions.

Seemed to me when I played the Incredibles or Lone Ranger, I got a lot more play value and missions out of it.
                      Lone Ranger was definitely the best playset in the first Infinity game. A lot of the quest seemed to repeat though. Cars was my least favorite playset.

Comment

• jacoblb
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2009

I agree about Lone Ranger being the best 1.0 playset and Cars the worst. I still haven't completed the Cars game because it's not very fun.

Yes, I unlocked Nova and Rocket. I didn't get any new missions at least nothing directed by Fury, Sif, Wasp, or Captain Marvel. I keep hoping a patch will come around to download for free and add new content to the playset, I wonder how many other folks are annoyed as me about wrapping up The Avengers playset without the complete ensemble. I was kind of expecting to see a vault like we would see with Incredibles 1.0 whereby you unlock extra content as a reward for having all the characters. I have to wait until Hulk is released and I already know the cloaked, pseudo invisible green boxes are for him to collect. Also I got to mention how had I not used Rocket in the Avengers playset I don't think I'd have beaten Loki's giant monster. I mean, he only lasted 3 seconds because he can't fly, but having him enabled me to re-use all the Avengers characters that were defeated and put out of action. I would think The Avengers would be the major selling point of Marvel 2.0 and from what I can tell it's not a major improvement over 1.0. I think the biggest gripe consumers are going to have is Disney still not allowing ALL the Infinity characters access to every playset. Playing in The Toy Box just doesn't cut it for the average gamer.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

My son commented that if the Lone Ranger movie had been half as fun as the playset in Infinity, it wouldn't have tanked. I agree.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                            Permanent Member
                            • Mar 7, 2011

I Pre ordered And received the entire set except for Hulk that's set for delivery oct 24. In the beginning I was just in it to get the figures. Then changed to not getting them at all in favor of the next Swap force series, well that wasn't gonna happen lol it's all tucked away in the corner ready for Christmas

Comment

• Toy Timelord
                              Banned
                              • Aug 4, 2014

Man, I wish Nova was available as a single.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎