Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time for some new figure announcements?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
    • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
    Oh yeah, BIG surprises could mean FTC 1/4 18" figures! I am anxious to see these- DC and Batman TV- sculpting, costuming, and PRICE!
    Every few weeks FTC drops reminders on its FTC page that 18 inchers are coming. I definitely think they'll do some KISS figures as 18 inchers, but I think they'll do some WGSH figures as well.

Comment

• nobody
      banjo!
      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      Every few weeks FTC drops reminders on its FTC page that 18 inchers are coming. I definitely think they'll do some KISS figures as 18 inchers, but I think they'll do some WGSH figures as well.
      Perhaps FTC should learn how to make 8 inch figures before they expand. Practice,Practice,Practice. Of course they do have all those 18 inch sized heads sitting around. I'd love to see an 18 inch Alfred.

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
        What about an Apache Chief and Giganta 18 inch figures?
        Thats the only ones I would consider purchasing, big 18" figures meant to be used with the 8" figures. I have no need or want for an 18" Batman or Superman.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by jayraytee
          Thats the only ones I would consider purchasing, big 18" figures meant to be used with the 8" figures. I have no need or want for an 18" Batman or Superman.
          I don't either, honestly. In fact I might not want an AC or Giganta in that scale either, but definitely a 12 incher if they could make that size.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

they must think someone will buy those big ones, they will be over 100 bucks, too. I remember seeing the same scale Kiss sit around at Spencers for a long time on markdown. And I agree they should get 8 inch right first. Its amazing that they have one of the biggest stable of characters around in DC and continually keep screwing it up with poor QC, poor body design and bait and switch prototypes.
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Oct 5, '14, 1:25 PM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• invisiblelad
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by megoknight
              Perhaps FTC should learn how to make 8 inch figures before they expand. Practice,Practice,Practice. Of course they do have all those 18 inch sized heads sitting around. I'd love to see an 18 inch Alfred.
              Thank God I brought my laptop in my "Home Office"---(yeah I call my bathroom my home office lol), because when I read your comment I almost pee'd myself! Good Show Sir! GOOD Show!
              Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 5, '14, 1:03 PM.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                they must think someone will buy those big ones, they will be over 100 bucks, too. I remember seeing the same scale Kiss sit around at Spencers for a long time on markdown. And I agree they should get 8 inch right first. Its amazing that they have one of the biggest stable of characters around in DC and continually keep screwing it up with poor QC, poor body design and bait and switch prototypes.
                I have to AGREE on your comment T-Bolt! The BOLDED & Underlined portions are unfortunately my feelings as well. It's w/ a heavy heart that I say the FTC's WGH are straying further away from being "exact reproductions of their Mego counterparts" since wave 2. Although RC Bats looked good & all the wave 3 costumes as well! I find that once the old Repros of DC's Mego are over, I may drop dow to x1 of each, unless FTC's other sub-lines (like Super Friends) look like Mego made them in the late 70s - early 80s, ....or worse case scenario I STOP buying any of them. But for NOW, I'm hoping FTC suddenly has future waves shown & the unaddressed QC/scale/differing detail/style issues (so far) are fixed! That's my fervent HOPE for FTC's future w/ the DC license! Then I'll praise FTC till the cows come home GLADLY!
                Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 5, '14, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• rlkrefft
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 14, 2010

I am very excited to see Super Friends Batman and Robin, and '66 Catwoman and King Tut.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by rlkrefft
                    I am very excited to see Super Friends Batman and Robin, and '66 Catwoman and King Tut.
                    Me too rlkrefft...Me tooooo! I'm also psyched to get 66 Batgirll (w/ Neck exclusive!) & EARTHA Kitt Catwoman (Also w/ Neck Variant!), but I'm hoping we see at least the forthcoming Julie Newmar CATWOMAN in FTC's BATMAN '66' wave 3 w/ hopefully; KING TUT, Mr. FREEZE, & MAD HATTER. I can easily skip RC & RM Bats & Robi for 66! I hope my EE Superman wave 1 (x2) & Batman '66' wave 2 (x2) come soon! My x4 EE Wonder Woman figs came in 4 DAYS Total Ship time! That's great for FREE S/H! Too bad I got the x4 FTC Wonder Woman's regular release....I was hoping EE had WW w/ Necks exclusives!

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by invisiblelad
                      once the old Repros of DC's Mego are over, I may drop dow to x1 of each, unless FTC's other sub-lines (like Super Friends) look like Mego made them in the late 70s - early 80s, ....or worse case scenario I STOP buying any of them.
                      Thats where I am now, I re-established my collection of WGSH with a few repairs and changed bodies. But if the new characters are not produced with higher quality control I will drop waaaaaay down on my purchases. I've always wanted the Flash, Green Lanturn and Dr Fate, so those will tempt me more than any other. But the rest probably won't tempt me much at all if the quality stays the same.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

The only way I can see an 18" WGSH figure selling would be if it had the level of detail you would hope for in an 18" figure. The sculpt would have to be excellent and the costume would have to be spot on! I would almost expect emblems to be embroidered and a Batman would have to include in-scale extras like a Batarang and maybe even a Batrope on a retractable reel in his belt! That cape would have to be HUGE!!!

A big, clumsy looking version of Batman would lose all of the charm of the original Mego figures.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 21, 2009

I realized the other day that FTC has made all of the DC Mego figures in one year. That is, all of the DC characters that Mego made from 1972-1977, FTC has made in the last year (I'm including Green Arrow, Aquaman and Shazam, even though these haven't been released on their own Mego type cards yet). That deserves a thumbs up.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 16, 2014

Great work on there part, and they seem to be selling well, can't wait to see what's to come!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎