Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time for some new figure announcements?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Astronut
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 21, 2010

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
    There are some very Big big announcements coming soon! Your all in for a big surprise~!
    Hmm, your remark came after several Marvel-related comments. Man, I wish FTC would have been able to snag that license. Instead, we've got that goofy Diamond Select Toys 3-pack thing happening. And you know it won't have the legs to keep going like FTC is doing with the DC characters. What a shame.

Comment

• invisiblelad
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by Astronut
      Hmm, your remark came after several Marvel-related comments. Man, I wish FTC would have been able to snag that license. Instead, we've got that goofy Diamond Select Toys 3-pack thing happening. And you know it won't have the legs to keep going like FTC is doing with the DC characters. What a shame.
      Astronut, I couldn't agree more. As a toddler, my older brother favored the Marvel megos (well he could read so the comics made him a huge fan of them) & I loved the Marvel mego figs too, but then I preferred DC Megos & still do. BUT I would LOVE LOVE LOVE FTC to get to release reproductions & New 70's inspired Marvel Mego figures, just so I could guarantee getting ALL the classic ones. I'm thinking back to the FTC FACEBOOK Post about Marvel modern movie costumes vs their Comics look, & really hope if FTC is releasin Marvel megos, it's NOT going to be the Modern Marvel movie stuff! I can't Imagine they'd get to do the regular versions. I do think the bodies will be better quality over at DST/Emce.....but I don't want to pay that price for the 3-packs. I'd buy x2 of every Marvel mego if they were doing them retro repro's like Emce/DST did Star Trek. That to me was repro Mego perfection, until Pike. I wish they'd finished the shown protos (Nurse Chapel & Vina) & other Vintage Mego Aliens!

MickeyMooseMego, if Marvel is NOT involved, you could (or should) say so you think? I'm sure IF FTC is NOT doing ANYTHING Marvel, it should be OK to state that?
      Either way,

mickeymoosemego, thanks 4 the excitement you bring by hinting of future Surprises from FTC! *Mickey brings the teases that'll please-us
      Last edited by invisiblelad; Oct 4, '14, 9:23 PM.

Comment

• Type Two
        Career Member
        • Sep 20, 2010

Man, I wish FTC would have been able to snag that (Marvel) license. Instead, we've got that goofy Diamond Select Toys 3-pack thing happening.
        Add in the fact that the Diamond releases are happening on the heels of the Captain Action figures which seem similar to the Diamond figures in so many ways (other than scale, of course). All that equals a big pass for a lot of people who have taken the time to comment on the Diamond figures, and these are not just people from the Museum forums.
        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 11, 2014

No Marvel surprises at this time. But you will all remember when I said big surprises I meant big Surprises.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

DST/EMCE Marvel sets would not be as bad if 3 bodies were included with the 3 costumes! 3 complete figures in the set would be worth $80. But, yes, I wish Mego Marvels could be sold individually for $25 each and DST/EMCE had freedom with Marvel license like FTC has with DC license!

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

FTC with the Marvel license?? NO THANK YOU!! EMCE will do just fine!

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

No Marvel surprises at this time. But you will all remember when I said big surprises I meant big Surprises.
                Aquaman with the Great White Shark set

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                  That's no surprise, its already out there.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

FTC with the Marvel license?? NO THANK YOU!! EMCE will do just fine!
                    ^^^Dito^^^

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

^^^Ditto x2^^^

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                        • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                        DST/EMCE Marvel sets would not be as bad if 3 bodies were included with the 3 costumes! 3 complete figures in the set would be worth $80. But, yes, I wish Mego Marvels could be sold individually for $25 each and DST/EMCE had freedom with Marvel license like FTC has with DC license!
                        I might actually go for a couple of the EMCE 3-packs since I have a few Type S bodies here collecting dust, might as well put them to good use.

Comment

• Astronut
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 21, 2010

Oh no. If you're hinting at what I think you are, I'll likely take a pass. I really have no interest in Shogun Warrior-scale Superhero figures. Hell, they aren't figures at that point, they're statues. Sorry

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Oh no. If you're hinting at what I think you are, I'll likely take a pass. I really have no interest in Shogun Warrior-scale Superhero figures. Hell, they aren't figures at that point, they're statues. Sorry
                            Agreed! Keep them 8" please. I'm passing on the 6" Batman DK cloth costume figure for that very reason. Had they made him Mego scale...I wouldn't have been able to resist, even at the high $65 price tag.
                            sigpic

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
                              • Feb 27, 2014

What about an Apache Chief and Giganta 18 inch figures?

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

Oh yeah, BIG surprises could mean FTC 1/4 18" figures! I am anxious to see these- DC and Batman TV- sculpting, costuming, and PRICE!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎