Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About time for some new figure announcements?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

I am ready for some NEW FTC licenses announcements! I wonder what popular movies, TV shows, and cartoons FTC could do?

Also:

Batman Wave 4- Com. Gordon figure has been shown and Ra's and Scarecrow heads (now we need full figures!) Neal Adams/Jim Aparo Batman?

Batman 66 Wave 3- Mad Hatter (shown) Mr Freeze (head shown) I hope Catwoman (Julie!) Batgirl might not arrive until later. King Tut please!

Super Friends- Only early protos of Gleek and Jayna shown. Where's ZAN? Looking forward to CORE 5 SF and Hanna Barbara ethnic SF! Legion of Doom please!

Comment

• ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
      • Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by houseofdracula
      This show was my introduction to Batman and it's still my favorite Batman.
      I was born in late 1967 so I don't remember the show in it's original run but I became a huge fan of it sometime around 1975.
      This was also the reason that I got into Mego's in the first place.
      I'd watch reruns of Batman, 3 times a day and then act out the episodes (best I could) with my Mego's.

So, as long as FTC is pumping out Batman 66 product, I'm buying.
      The SuperFriends was my intro to Batman and all the DC characters. That one show sold a LOT of figures for Mego!

Comment

• ovenmitt
        Persistent Member
        • May 26, 2009

Yeah, that;s why DC Megos sold better than Marvel- TV exposure! Super Friends (Green Arrow appeared on an episode!), Adam West Batman, Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, George Reeves Superman and later Christopher Reeve! Marvel did not have any 70s cartoons besides Fantastic Four with HERBIE robot instead of Human Torch, UGH! Incredible Hulk TV series sold MANY Mego Hulks!

I wish Mego DC and Marvel had continued after 1977 and we'd gotten Spider-Woman from her 1979 cartoon, and Iceman and Firestar, She-Hulk who appeared on 1982 Hulk cartoon, and the MANY Marvel guest-stars from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends like X-MEN!

It wasn't until the 90s when Toy Biz had Marvel license that all the Marvel cartoons started popping up- X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic 4, Iron Man, Hulk, Silver Surfer and had the action figures tie-in lines! I miss those days, too!

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by ThePlayerOnTheOtherSide
          The SuperFriends was my intro to Batman and all the DC characters. That one show sold a LOT of figures for Mego!
          I was aware of and had bought some DC comics, but it was a friend getting me into Super Friends that really sparked both my love of comic books and Megos (and eventually my action figure collecting in general), so that show will always hold a special place for me. And it was a major force for Mego sales; I'm sure it was no coincidence that the first four Megos were the male Super Friends.

Comment

• invisiblelad
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 6, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
            I was aware of and had bought some DC comics, but it was a friend getting me into Super Friends that really sparked both my love of comic books and Megos (and eventually my action figure collecting in general), so that show will always hold a special place for me. And it was a major force for Mego sales; I'm sure it was no coincidence that the first four Megos were the male Super Friends.
            ^^^ I swear I had heard that it was the re-runs of the 60s Filmation cartoons that caused Mego to pick it's original 4 WGHS line-up. Now I don't remember where I read that, but think it was a mego interview or something. I could be wrong, & it could of been the author's conjecture instead of reports straight from mego.

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
              Did Marvel really have any cartoons during the 70s? I think Spiderman and His Amazing Friends came on around 1980 or so. DC had the Superfriends, CBS had the Batman/Tarzan hour (I think). Big sales drivers for kids, had to be a big reason why Mego concentrated more on DC figures.

Comment

• invisiblelad
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 6, 2014

Spiderman's live appearances on the ELECTRIC COMPANY when I was a toddler made me LOVE his mego!

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

I remember watching reruns of the 60s spiderman cartoons before Super Friends started in 74, but no doubt the confluence between SF, megoes and comics at that time combined to create my passion for toons, comics and figures. Take one out of the equation and I might have a whole lot more money and more space in my house, lol.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Reruns of the Spider-Man and the Marvel Super-Heroes cartoons along with Adventures of Superman and Batman 66 were my gateway drugs into the world of Comics and then the Mego figures.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

I forgot 70s Shazam Saturday morning TV show! 40th Anniversary 1974-2014! That sold Mego 8" Shazam to me included! Then there was Isis TV show and Mego Isis!

The 1981 Filmation Shazam Saturday morning cartoon starred the entire Marvel Family and villians! I wish Mego had made figures from it!

*Did you know Hanna-Barbara considered including Shazam (Captain Marvel) in 1978 Challenge of the Super Friends cartoon and have Dr Sivana on Legion of Doom, but Filmation still had Shazam rights including option for a cartoon which Filmation did!

Comment

• warlock664
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Reruns of the Spider-Man and the Marvel Super-Heroes cartoons along with Adventures of Superman and Batman 66 were my gateway drugs into the world of Comics and then the Mego figures.
                        Me too!
                        I loved the Marvel Superheroes cartoon (that I saw on WPGH-53 in 1970/71), and was shocked when my brother told me those heroes were featured in comic books! The start of a lifetime hobby, as I soon picked up my first Marvel comic (CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE FALCON #141).

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 11, 2014

There are some very Big big announcements coming soon! Your all in for a big surprise~!

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

Fantastic Four had a cartoon in the 70s.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

Mickey, you tease!

STAR WARS Megos FINALLY?

MARVEL ANY SCALE?

HANNA BARBARA?

LYNDA CARTER WONDER WOMAN TV?

I can WISH!

Comment

• Feb 27, 2014

Originally posted by mickeymoosemego
                                There are some very Big big announcements coming soon! Your all in for a big surprise~!
                                I have a feeling FTC is gearing up for a big Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎